How many people do you think actually tried to master the Thu'um in real life?

#11FOGEDABOUDITPosted 1/27/2013 2:29:59 PM
MC2011 posted...
The government would probably dissect you.

Maybe YOUR government.

My government would burn me at the stake for being a witch.

What government would that be?
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#12MC2011Posted 1/27/2013 2:35:34 PM
I would joke and say the UK... but Canada.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#13nytecrawlaPosted 1/27/2013 2:41:18 PM
Overburdened posted...
I watched a martial arts programme once where these guys learned to shout really loud for something.

Haha, good explanation...

I think it was to either smash glass or maybe push their opponents. I've made it sound horrendous but the actual footage was impressive.

As for learning a thuum, someone crazy may have tried in the hope it works. Like someone trying to go into 'devil trigger' and expecting that to work.

Like a Kiai shout (that is probably spelled wrong). It is believed in some martial arts that the shout can increase the power of the blow. I dunno if it has any basis in reality, but there may be some sort of psychological effect that shouting while delivering a blow imparts. I know as a kid that I was encouraged to do it when I was taking my martial arts classes, but back then I just thought it was an excuse to shout. Who knows?

To clarify, I was not encouraged to just shout random syllables at people for magic to happen. I was encouraged to shout as I threw a punch or kick, as a way to add emphasis to the movement.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#14andy12handyPosted 1/27/2013 2:46:04 PM
http://notalwaysright.com/dovahkiins-day-off/19832
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
#15Morgoth the EnemyPosted 1/27/2013 4:01:56 PM
^ Expected something along those line but still hilarious.
---
Far as humanity goes intelligent life is an oxymoron - xUSDx Reborn
#16Sw1ft_Blad3Posted 1/27/2013 5:01:25 PM
Well seeing as I know someone who tries to go Super Sayian, use the Kamehameha wave, Special Beam Cannon, Masenko, Kaio Ken and Instant Transmssion, I'd say its very likely.
---
Never underestimate how evil a person can be.