Completed Soul Cairn mission feels like a slap in the face

#1VeezaraPosted 1/27/2013 11:20:20 AM
One of the first quests I did was to get The Black Star, used it to get my encganting to 100 and make money selling echanted jewelery. I thought I was still good, only trapping bandit, thalmor and a few forsworn souls, and Sibbi Black Briar. When I downloaded Dawnguard I sided with the humans to fight against the vampires. Souls in there talked about how they were put in by necromancers. Is this where I have condemned countless bandits to go? No Sovengarde after their soul has been used up. Almost feels like I should have accepted the vampire's gift. If I have condemned so many already then I can't be much worse than the vampires. Or do not all souls go there if they are trapped?
#2RebelElite791Posted 1/27/2013 11:21:35 AM
Black souls do.

If you didn't realize black souls were used for necromancy, and not the most moral thing before, umm.....yeah....
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#3whiteboygenePosted 1/27/2013 11:26:46 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
If you didn't realize black souls were used for necromancy, and not the most moral thing before, umm.....yeah....

This is the nice version of what I was going to say.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 14
#4Veezara(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:30:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Veezara(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:31:56 AM
As i said they were all evil, Bandts and Thalmor. Still the thought of condemning them all for the sake of a stronger weapon. They end up in that hell instead of being able to move on once their charge is used.
#6RebelElite791Posted 1/27/2013 11:34:02 AM
Bandits, evil? I certainly wouldn't say that.

And saying all Thalmor are evil seems to me akin to saying all German soldiers in WWII were evil, which is far from being the case.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#7TutelarSwordPosted 1/27/2013 11:35:46 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Black souls do.

White souls go there too. There are some soul cows and chickens in the Soul Cairn.
---
Proud Black Hat and Engineer user.
I unfortunately caused several topics about nukes in Black Ops II and made mine talk about STDs. Oppsies?
#8OmegaPenguinX13Posted 1/27/2013 11:50:05 AM
Whoa no friggin WAY!!! I also had my enchating done long before Dawnguard was available except after the Soul Cairn I didn't feel bad at all!
---
Your friendly Taco Bell informant.
#9nathraxhPosted 1/27/2013 11:58:07 AM
They needed to reinforce the fact that necromancy is evil.

It had been getting kinda-.. kiddy. I'unno, the moans of reanimated corpses and their thanks when someone finally kills them does remind you, to an extent, that necromancy causes a lot of suffering, but it was easy to just say "well, soul trapping's fine, right? It ends quickly."

Necromancy isn't something a guy should just jump into, thinking that it's a morally grey area at worst. It is evil.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#10NicodaemosPosted 1/27/2013 12:14:19 PM(edited)
They needed to reinforce the fact that necromancy is evil.

It had been getting kinda-.. kiddy. I'unno, the moans of reanimated corpses and their thanks when someone finally kills them does remind you, to an extent, that necromancy causes a lot of suffering, but it was easy to just say "well, soul trapping's fine, right? It ends quickly."

Necromancy isn't something a guy should just jump into, thinking that it's a morally grey area at worst. It is evil.

The presentation of necromancers in both Oblivion and Skyrim (or hell, basically all TES games now that I think about it) has been pretty ham-fisted, so I don't see how they'd make their opinion of it any less conspicuous. Unless you're talking about when the player character does it.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer