Which enchantments are better?

#1LordTrinenPosted 1/27/2013 9:24:36 PM
I'm wondering how people handle enchantments for stamina and magicka, specifically when boosted using the Resto Loop.

For stamina, do you enchant gear with high stamina regen rates? Or do you use enchantments that give you very, very high stamina levels overall? Either way how high do you go?

For magicka, do you use the Resto Loop to get zero casting cost in your favorite or all magic schools? Do you give yourself a very high magicka regen rate? Or do you give yourself so much magicka you practically have an infinite supply? For the regen rate and magicka boosts how high do you go?
#2pandemoniumPosted 1/27/2013 9:28:22 PM
For spells, I just crafted three rings. Destruction and Restoration on one ring, Illusion and Conjuration on another, and Alteration and Waterbreathing on the third. Simple matter to swap them out in the quick menu when I need them.

Never worried about stamina.
---
It's not those that can inflict the most, but those that can suffer the most who will conquer.
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/89/photo00029r.jpg
#3Joe_CobbsPosted 1/27/2013 9:31:04 PM
Crazy high boosts for the base number. Especially for magic, why waste an enchantment slot on something else when you could just have crazy high magic?
#4SchesparnPosted 1/27/2013 9:31:59 PM
Crazy-high boosts in health have resulted in reports of people being unable to remove the ring (or whatever). For some reason it kills them.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#5LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:35:57 PM
Crazy high boosts for the base number. Especially for magic, why waste an enchantment slot on something else when you could just have crazy high magic?

Just how high is crazy high? Is there a risk of the numbers rolling over into the negatives like some enchantments do?

Crazy-high boosts in health have resulted in reports of people being unable to remove the ring (or whatever). For some reason it kills them.

I never boost my health too high. I don't want all the challenge taken out of the game. Though that might make an interesting roleplaying idea. A cursed ring that will kill you if you ever take it off.
#6Joe_CobbsPosted 1/27/2013 9:51:11 PM
The only way your be getting into negative numbers is if you're going nuts with the potion drinking. It doesn't take much to get really high stats.

Make potions of various strengths and see which one you think is best. Save first though, just to be safe.
#7LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:59:25 PM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
The only way your be getting into negative numbers is if you're going nuts with the potion drinking. It doesn't take much to get really high stats.

Make potions of various strengths and see which one you think is best. Save first though, just to be safe.

I have heard rumors of people getting their magicka and stamina levels up so high that their magicka/stamina bars don't ever appear on screen no matter how much you run or how many spells you cast. Any clue what levels these are or will I have to experiment myself?
#8LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:38:11 AM
Bump
#9LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:33:06 AM
One more bump. Anyone?
#10TheBestFallerPosted 1/28/2013 10:37:30 AM
LordTrinen posted...
I have heard rumors of people getting their magicka and stamina levels up so high that their magicka/stamina bars don't ever appear on screen no matter how much you run or how many spells you cast. Any clue what levels these are or will I have to experiment myself?

I've done that with Health and Stamina, both using regen rather then boosting base numbers. Also, for magic, if your resto looping, you can use the amulet of Saarthal. One necklace will give you free magic in all schools.
---
I shoulda listened to 'em cause it all made sense, burn the bodies, burn the clothes, burn up all the evidence.