How much noise ...

#1Sonny777Posted 1/28/2013 6:42:19 PM
does detect life make?

By this i mean is it quite enough so that i could cast it (without Quiet Casting) with enemies nearby and not be detected? How much sound does it make compared to Aura Whisper? Which is superior?

Thanks in advance.
---
Yes, god forbid he probably asked a frequently asked question from a website that's dedicated to them. Seriously, it's in the ****ing title. - Nailbomb
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 1/28/2013 6:44:34 PM
As far as I am aware, the only silent spells--spells that can be cast without needing silent casting--are Muffle, Spectral Arrow, and a few shouts. Throw Voice and Aura Whisper.
All other spells are the equivalent of throwing an old lady down a flight if stairs into a stack of pots and pans.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Sonny777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:47:55 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
As far as I am aware, the only silent spells--spells that can be cast without needing silent casting--are Muffle, Spectral Arrow, and a few shouts. Throw Voice and Aura Whisper.
All other spells are the equivalent of throwing an old lady down a flight if stairs into a stack of pots and pans.

Seriously? So Detect Life is out of the question but Aura Whisper is still viable?
---
Yes, god forbid he probably asked a frequently asked question from a website that's dedicated to them. Seriously, it's in the ****ing title. - Nailbomb
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 1/28/2013 6:51:04 PM
Sonny777 posted...
Seriously? So Detect Life is out of the question but Aura Whisper is still viable?

Aura Whisper is a better spell, since it will locate all nearby creatures, living, dead, automatons, whatever.
Detect Life is only good if you do not use shouts, or want to level Alteration.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#5Sonny777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:56:30 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Sonny777 posted...

Aura Whisper is a better spell, since it will locate all nearby creatures, living, dead, automatons, whatever.
Detect Life is only good if you do not use shouts, or want to level Alteration.

Alright well thanks for all the help. I got all excited when i got a detect life spell tome but i guess its near useless compared to aura whisper lol.
---