Power bash... Worth it?

#1KC_CheeseKingPosted 1/28/2013 10:03:22 PM
I honestly don't notice any difference between bashing and power bashing, and I've played 2 characters that specialize in blocking, one of them up to level 60. Is there something I'm missing?
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
#2theonyxphoenixPosted 1/28/2013 10:23:07 PM
Power bashing gives the most significant advantages when using 2H weapons. Because of the way their are calculated, the weapons have a higher base bashing damage. Dragonbone Warhammers bash for over 100 while shields will always be lackluster by comparison.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#3KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:52:27 PM
Yeah, but you might as well just do a power attack if damage is the only factor. It'd do more damage and break through a block.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
#4DocOdinePosted 1/28/2013 10:53:20 PM
Disarm.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#5KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:59:13 PM
And there's another perk point right there. Still wondering if it'd be worth it just for that. I guess I could give it a shot.
---
#6DocOdinePosted 1/28/2013 11:01:06 PM
It's fun, and useful depending how op you plan to make yourself.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#7KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:08:24 PM
Alright, you've convinced me to try it. And what of the "Quick Reflexes" perk? I'd thought about getting it, but I had wondered it it would be overkill at best, or a distracting experience at worst.
---
#8DocOdinePosted 1/28/2013 11:12:31 PM
If you have Dragonborn go for it, see what you think. Can always respec later.
---
#9KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:17:49 PM
True. Dragon souls aren't exactly rare.
---
#10DocOdinePosted 1/28/2013 11:20:31 PM
Aye, you can always do what I did as well: train a character to 15 spending no perks, then do Oghma and have a save moments away from 81 for all of your testing wants.
---