Power bash... Worth it?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Power bash... Worth it?
2 years ago#1
I honestly don't notice any difference between bashing and power bashing, and I've played 2 characters that specialize in blocking, one of them up to level 60. Is there something I'm missing?
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
2 years ago#2
Power bashing gives the most significant advantages when using 2H weapons. Because of the way their are calculated, the weapons have a higher base bashing damage. Dragonbone Warhammers bash for over 100 while shields will always be lackluster by comparison.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
2 years ago#3
Yeah, but you might as well just do a power attack if damage is the only factor. It'd do more damage and break through a block.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
2 years ago#4
Disarm.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
2 years ago#5
And there's another perk point right there. Still wondering if it'd be worth it just for that. I guess I could give it a shot.
---
2 years ago#6
It's fun, and useful depending how op you plan to make yourself.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
2 years ago#7
Alright, you've convinced me to try it. And what of the "Quick Reflexes" perk? I'd thought about getting it, but I had wondered it it would be overkill at best, or a distracting experience at worst.
---
2 years ago#8
If you have Dragonborn go for it, see what you think. Can always respec later.
---
2 years ago#9
True. Dragon souls aren't exactly rare.
---
2 years ago#10
Aye, you can always do what I did as well: train a character to 15 spending no perks, then do Oghma and have a save moments away from 81 for all of your testing wants.
---
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Power bash... Worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived