just came back after a long hiatus

#1joelpballPosted 1/28/2013 10:52:55 PM
bought skyrim the day it came out last winter and played it to death

just picked it up again

had to download a new patch

have they finally fixed this balance issue with craftin and stuff or is it still OP

like, will i be godlike if i engage in making armor and weapons, because as i seem to recall, that was all broken back then.

let me know
---
GT: joelismyname
firefight here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136817924500
#2SavagegattsPosted 1/28/2013 10:55:02 PM
try my new build on my current board "striving for prefection neen help?" but theres tons if you look around
#3SavagegattsPosted 1/28/2013 10:55:52 PM
what you mean balancing issue?
explain if you please
#4GriffRobertsPosted 1/28/2013 10:56:06 PM
It's not an issue, and they haven't "fixed" it. If you don't want to become a god, don't smith and enchant your gear to god-tier.

They did change how smithing levels, though. It's based on the value of the item crafted, so you can't just smith Iron Daggers for all eternity any more.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#5NathypantsPosted 1/28/2013 10:56:24 PM
They didn't really fix it... but it's up to you if you want to make OP items. You can always, y'know, not make them or just not raise them to scrupulous levels.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#6joelpball(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:58:09 PM
lol "if you do'nt want to be godlike, just ignore a significant portion of one of the sidequests in the game"

although i'm happy to hear that they nerfed the relative scaled level of the item compared to the benefit, which means you can't just smith 100 iron daggers.

that stuff was so lame back in the day, since iron ore + leather strip was pwn
---
#7RebelElite791Posted 1/28/2013 10:59:11 PM
joelpball posted...
lol "if you do'nt want to be godlike, just ignore a significant portion of one of the sidequests in the game"

although i'm happy to hear that they nerfed the relative scaled level of the item compared to the benefit, which means you can't just smith 100 iron daggers.

Abusing smithing and enchanting is part of a sidequest?

Yeah, I'm gonna call troll.

learn some goddamn self control.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#8joelpball(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:00:05 PM
SERIOUSLY why don't they just multiply the items needed per armor piece by ten or twenty so it just takes longer and more collecting to make each armor piece? wouldn't that nerf it appropriately?

on my first playthrough, i recall getting dragon armor at a point in the game where i was already OP as heck, so i put it into a chest in my house and forgot about it.

after that, the game just became a flower-collecting alchemy game.

something so disturbing about coming home from a hard days work and spending 3 hours picking virtual flowers.......
---
#9joelpball(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:01:14 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
joelpball posted...

Abusing smithing and enchanting is part of a sidequest?

Yeah, I'm gonna call troll.

learn some goddamn self control.

not a sidequest. a legitimate segment of the game. one of the things you can do. apologies for not using the correct term.
---
#10GriffRobertsPosted 1/28/2013 11:02:08 PM
SERIOUSLY why don't they just multiply the items needed per armor piece by ten or twenty so it just takes longer and more collecting to make each armor piece? wouldn't that nerf it appropriately?

This would make leveling smithing a nightmare, unless they adjusted that approrpriately.

And seriously, when are you ever forced to create OP gear?
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.