Why is it always the freeking blacksmiths?

#1OverburdenedPosted 1/29/2013 2:48:21 AM
Dragon attacks town, blacksmith's the one and only npc that dies from it, that's three dead blacksmiths ill never be able to buy off of again.

I'm the hero, you just stay in your little house until the squabble with lizard is over.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#2jammymacsterPosted 1/29/2013 3:06:45 AM
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/75/75179.jpg
---
AKA: Valadez
#3Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:12:35 AM
Haha, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone wants a bit of the action.
---
#4shorthandlePosted 1/29/2013 3:23:34 AM
No offense, but that's what the game saves and load game options are for. Dragon attacks aren't really random. After a set number of game days, you'll get one. Fast-travel into a spot that triggers the attacks, like the College, the Whiterun meadery, or the Riften stables. Deal with dragon, collect loot, go see blacksmith.
#5Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:29:15 AM
Oh I see, I cleverly delete all my saves except the current one, I'm going to start keeping a few incase the game freezes or something, then I'll really be screwed.
---
#6agentspoonPosted 1/29/2013 4:09:44 AM(edited)
TC, if you have Dragonborn then you can use the Bend Will Shout to calm the Dragon, ride it, fast travel away from the area, dismount and then wait for a while.

Then fast travel back to where you were.

No dead NPC's ever.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#7Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:22:59 AM
That sounds like a plan, but I don't have dragonborn unfortunately.

It's not too much of a problem now, my smithings at 100, I've got over a hundred thousand gold, so I don't really need them to sell stuff to or buy things, I've got the armor and weapons I want, just a bit annoying its always the blacksmiths, so I i we're to need anything, I can't have it.
---
#8MattventoPosted 1/29/2013 6:06:17 AM
TC, I don't think you got what shorthandle meant with his post. don't delete any of your saves. You want to trick the game into spawning dragon attacks on your terms. All of the "random" attacks in the game are scripted to occur at a random frequency at certain locations. What shorthandle was talking about is basically tricking the game into spawning dragon attacks on your terms. Fast travel to the stable outside of town instead of into the town, and the dragon won't get your blacksmith. For unwalled cities, fast travel nearby and walk to the town. You might still get a dragon spawning when you enter the city, but most of the time they won't. It only ever happens to me in riften.
#9Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:56:40 AM
Ah I get it, thanks very much. I was being a plonker in my other post, stating I cleverly delete my saves, I ment it as in I'm stupid to do it.
---
#10DougymcPosted 1/29/2013 9:14:18 AM
On one of my characters I only had about 3 smiths left. Vampires and dragons took care of the rest. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowing reloading on that one. On the plus side, it was funny, even at the time.