Faulty perks

#1clownsePosted 1/29/2013 8:11:20 AM
I know that some perks simply don't work at all, so could someone direct me to a "list" that points out all faulty perks?

Or if you have first-hand experience, could you please state them in this thread?

Thanks in advance.
#2GriffRobertsPosted 1/29/2013 8:49:14 AM
Off the top of my head, the only one that straight up breaks is Shield Charge. It works for a while, then it just stops. If you respec the Block tree with Dragonborn, though, you can fix it, but that's pretty inconvenient.

The weapon specific perks in the One-Handed and Two-Handed trees technically work just like they should, but the damage increase is so marginal they might as well be worthless. Same for the critical hit perks in archery, but that's worth taking just to get to the perks after it.
---
I didn't edit my sig this time, but I'm trying out the sig rotation thing.
#3clownse(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:55:09 AM
GriffRoberts posted...
Off the top of my head, the only one that straight up breaks is Shield Charge. It works for a while, then it just stops. If you respec the Block tree with Dragonborn, though, you can fix it, but that's pretty inconvenient.

The weapon specific perks in the One-Handed and Two-Handed trees technically work just like they should, but the damage increase is so marginal they might as well be worthless. Same for the critical hit perks in archery, but that's worth taking just to get to the perks after it.

Thanks Griff,

Also heard that there are a few ineffectual or nonfunctional perks in the Heavy armor tree?

Do you know anything about those?
#4oEASYLIFEoPosted 1/29/2013 9:25:59 AM
Pretty sure "Tower of Strength" 50% less stagger in heavy armour does absolutely nothing, unless they fixed it brb checking UESP...
Hhmm it does not mention it anymore so it may of been fixed, can anyone confirm?
#5clownse(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:29:41 AM
oEASYLIFEo posted...
Pretty sure "Tower of Strength" 50% less stagger in heavy armour does absolutely nothing, unless they fixed it brb checking UESP...
Hhmm it does not mention it anymore so it may of been fixed, can anyone confirm?

Thanks for the heads-up Easy, would love that confirmed.
#6iDubstepPosted 1/29/2013 9:36:46 AM
Lol, I still get the critical perks because... wtf else would I spend them on? But yeah they are very marginal if you wanna use perks in another class or whatever best to avoid them...
#7NoDozTweakerPosted 1/29/2013 10:03:40 AM
Don't get the shield perk that slows time. Grabbed it for fun once and my game would permanently get stuck in slow mo until I reloaded every other time.
#8clownse(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:50:49 AM
Any word on the "Tower of Strength" perk yet?
#9GriffRobertsPosted 1/29/2013 11:54:02 AM
Don't get the shield perk that slows time. Grabbed it for fun once and my game would permanently get stuck in slow mo until I reloaded every other time.

Nonsense. That sucks that it's happened to you, but I've never had that problem for any perk that slows down time.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#10OleDirtyDPosted 1/29/2013 12:18:14 PM
GriffRoberts posted...

Nonsense. That sucks that it's happened to you, but I've never had that problem for any perk that slows down time.

you are one of few then,
---
So young, so angry, DARN that rap music!!