Any work-around for this?

#1Xtreme GamerPosted 1/29/2013 9:28:44 AM
I think one of my quests is glitched. Thankfully it's not one of the major ones. It's one of the minor fetch quests.

The orc at the College of Winterhold (can't remember his name right now, but he's the one running the library) asked me to find a book called the Legendary Scourge. Now I already found the book and have it in my inventory, but the game won't let me give it to him. When it's my active quest is shows where the book was before I found it. It's a quest item, so there's no way for me to get it out of my inventory.

What can I do? Is there anything I can do?
---
Whoever coined the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was obviously never beat down with a dictionary.
#2GriffRobertsPosted 1/29/2013 9:30:06 AM
Nope, that's a common glitch. Just remember for the future, if you find a book in a boss chest, don't pick it up.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3Xtreme Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:31:28 AM
I was afraid of that. At least it's not a major quest or anything game breaking.
---
Whoever coined the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was obviously never beat down with a dictionary.
#4OahuVillainPosted 1/29/2013 10:11:12 AM
Sometimes it will let you drop the item then pick it back up which in turn fixes it. Its rare though as most quest items cannot be dropped.
#5obishawnPosted 1/29/2013 10:17:15 AM
What about quests like No One Escapes Cidna Mine or Diplomatic Immunity, where you are deprived of your inventory temporarily?
---
Winter is coming
#6Xtreme Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:05:59 PM
OahuVillain posted...
Sometimes it will let you drop the item then pick it back up which in turn fixes it. Its rare though as most quest items cannot be dropped.

Tried that. Didn't work.
---