I'm thinking of a Wildman / Old school Nord type RP build.

#1johnnycigarPosted 1/29/2013 9:46:53 AM
Main: 2-Handed (preferably a battleaxe like Wuuthrad), Light Armor, Smithing

Secondary: Alchemy, Archery(mostly for hunting), restoration for healing.

Magicka, Health, Stamina - 0/1/1

Stone: Warrior or lover.

This is a big beefy Nord who lives at Anise's cabin and prefers to be alone and live off the land.. Although he will engage in trading and smithing in towns. He believes in the old Nord way of life and sees daedra, the undead, and dark magic as a blight on the land.

He is fast and has great endurance, attacks with speed and brutality. He only wears armor he can craft from animals and nature (leather, scaled, dragon skin). He doesn't mind shedding his blood if it means standing toe-to-toe and dealing damage.

Worships Talos and would die before letting the Imperials take the throne.

Quests: Stormcloaks, Companions, Dawnguard, any other you feel is worthy.

Is there anything you would add? Or maybe something else to enhance the RP experience? Your thoughts?
#2Darth_McCluggPosted 1/29/2013 9:51:14 AM
Spooky! Thats literally my exact character! Even Anise's cabin. I go on long hunting trips and then sell the furs to make gold.
#3gren-aidPosted 1/29/2013 9:55:05 AM(edited)
Personally, I would go with Alchemy instead of Restoration. I think using natural ingredients to make your own potions might fit the style better. Also, you won't need to worry about magicka costs.
#4johnnycigar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:57:20 AM
gren-aid posted...
Personally, I would go with Alchemy instead of Restoration. I think using natural ingredients to make potions might fit the style better. Also, you won't need to invest in magicka.

Good call. Alchemy makes more sense. Especially since my character has a natural distrust of magic users.

Thanks.
#5johnnycigar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:09:22 AM
His name (and it's translation into dragon alphabet) will be 'Sahrot Bron-Kodaav'.

Which translates into ' Mighty Nord-Bear'
#6johnnycigar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:11:34 AM
Also, I have the strat guide with the English-dragon translations if any of you would like a cool name for your new character.

Let me know what you're thinkng and I'll see if I can translate it for you.
#7konokonohamaruPosted 1/29/2013 10:44:43 AM
I'm trying to RP a build like this at the moment too.

Do you guys have hunting advice? It takes me a while to find animals and even when I do, they seem to detect me and run away quite easily.
#8simonsayskillPosted 1/29/2013 11:28:51 AM
Make sure to join the companions so you can be a werewolf ..and get the saviors hide from hircine xD
#9akjomsvikingPosted 1/29/2013 1:00:31 PM
konokonohamaru posted...
Do you guys have hunting advice? It takes me a while to find animals and even when I do, they seem to detect me and run away quite easily.

That's why hunting is hard. :)

Try using sneak, since you're wearing light armor anyways. As soon as you see an animal start sneaking. The backstab bonus from using your bow will be minor but you'll at least be able to get a shot or two off before they run away.
#10johnnycigar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:17:45 PM
Do you go super shaggy look? Big beard and hair?

I have the medium looking beard and the long hair with 2 braids on each side. Complexion is kind of weathered with dirty blonde hair color.

I was thinking a giant beard and that hair might look sweet in all black.