game keeps freezeing help?

#1Ryan7251Posted 1/29/2013 10:45:44 AM
OK so i keep having this game freeze on me and no it's not lag it is a full freeze were i have to restart the system. Now i have done a few things to try and help with this.

1.Cleared game cache
2.Cleared system cache
3. I only have 3 save files.

OK anyway I got the game from Xbox live market so i have no CD so don't tell me it clean the CD .

Oh i have only one last idea but i need to know if i uninstall Skyrim and reinstall it well all my saves be deleted? I mean i have one that is like 50 hours in i would hate for that one to be deleted
#2oEASYLIFEoPosted 1/29/2013 10:54:51 AM(edited)
Your not doing the quest "Waking Nightmare" are ya? that has a freeze bug associated with it:

"As of patch 1.8, saving during or after the Dreamstride portion of the quest will cause the game to freeze on consoles or crash to desktop on PC" from UESP.

Also, i would have way more than 3 saves, i often use as many as 30 or even 50, also, always use "new save" and don't save over old ones just delete them.
#3vonVolikPosted 1/29/2013 10:54:23 AM
Is the freezing happening across all your characters or just on one, if it is just one or two of the characters it could be those save files.

As far as reinstalling the game, buy a memory stick to save your character saves on then reload them into the folder after the install, but if it is your save files that are causing this then this will not help.
#4obishawnPosted 1/29/2013 11:09:11 AM
For some people, the game just freezes a lot and in spite of many suggestions, it seems there's really nothing anyone can do.

I've installed the disk to my hard drive, I've moved my 360 to a well ventilated area, added a fan, cleared the cache... my game still freezes pretty often.

Just make sure you save often. Set your "save on menu" to every five minutes.
---
Winter is coming
#5songofish99Posted 1/29/2013 12:10:12 PM(edited)
obishawn posted...
For some people, the game just freezes a lot and in spite of many suggestions, it seems there's really nothing anyone can do.

This seems to be the case. I've done everything - cleared the console cache, cleared the game cache, checked for duped keys, deleted old saves, turned off auto-save feature, cleaned the xbox.

This happens during loading screens with all of my characters.
#6Ryan7251(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:07:44 PM
songofish99 posted...
obishawn posted...

This seems to be the case. I've done everything - cleared the console cache, cleared the game cache, checked for duper keys, deleted old saves, turned off auto-save feature, cleaned the xbox.

Same here :/
#7songofish99Posted 1/29/2013 12:14:45 PM(edited)
Ryan7251 posted...
songofish99 posted...
obishawn posted...

This seems to be the case. I've done everything - cleared the console cache, cleared the game cache, checked for duper keys, deleted old saves, turned off auto-save feature, cleaned the xbox.

Same here :/

I've basically just given up - it comes with the territory of a Bethesda game. I suppose it's inevitable that some people will have problems with a game this size.

It's annoying though, especially since I've turned off the auto save feature. I hate having to stop and go into the menu to manually save out of fear of loading screens.
#8Ryan7251(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:21:44 PM
Man looks like it is the game itself i had hoped after so long of the game being out the would fix the freezing i mean this is the last straw Bethesda's games seem to always freeze on me Fallout 3,oblivion and much more and all they say is "It's a big game it is going to freeze sometimes deal with it" I call hog wash i have played games just as big in size and guess what they freeze like maybe once every 70 hours of game play not every 5 hours or so of game play....Man i once played a game called "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" it is almost as big yet it never freezed on me once and i had 100+ hours on the game sure it had a few times were the FPS was a bit low but still it could be played without fear of breaking your System......

Sorry I'm just sick of falling for Bethesda's lies.
#9NoDozTweakerPosted 1/29/2013 12:28:20 PM
Are you playing the dawnguard DLC? I know I maxed vamp lord as quick as possible to cure it, because I froze constantly when in that form.
#10CrimsonCorpPosted 1/29/2013 12:55:06 PM
How often are the freezes? If it's every few hours, then i suppose it's normal. Especially if you're at hour 200+ in you saves. If it's happening every 30 minutes or less, then that's a big problem and certainly, NOT normal. I'm not sure if the duplication glitch was fixed, so make sure you don't have thousands of keys on you.

Are you playing DLC? did it occur right after downloading any of them? delete and reinstall the DLC. Trust me, it works. It's worked for quite a few people at the Bethesda forums.

Try turning off autosaves if on. And delete some saves if you have a large number of saves. (Such as 90-100 saves)
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"