game keeps freezeing help?

#11songofish99Posted 1/29/2013 3:03:12 PM
NoDozTweaker posted...
Are you playing the dawnguard DLC? I know I maxed vamp lord as quick as possible to cure it, because I froze constantly when in that form.

Nope, just Dragonborn. I uninstalled Dawnguard a while back (got tired of the vampire attacks.) But the freezes happened before and after the DLC's, same thing.

CrimsonCorp posted...
How often are the freezes? If it's every few hours, then i suppose it's normal. Especially if you're at hour 200+ in you saves. If it's happening every 30 minutes or less, then that's a big problem and certainly, NOT normal. I'm not sure if the duplication glitch was fixed, so make sure you don't have thousands of keys on you.

Are you playing DLC? did it occur right after downloading any of them? delete and reinstall the DLC. Trust me, it works. It's worked for quite a few people at the Bethesda forums.

Try turning off autosaves if on. And delete some saves if you have a large number of saves. (Such as 90-100 saves)

Autosaves are turned off. I have reinstalled the DLC's already. Nada.

Every 3-4 hours, I'd say it freezes on a loading/transition screen.
#12Ryan7251(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:55:56 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
How often are the freezes? If it's every few hours, then i suppose it's normal. Especially if you're at hour 200+ in you saves. If it's happening every 30 minutes or less, then that's a big problem and certainly, NOT normal. I'm not sure if the duplication glitch was fixed, so make sure you don't have thousands of keys on you.

Are you playing DLC? did it occur right after downloading any of them? delete and reinstall the DLC. Trust me, it works. It's worked for quite a few people at the Bethesda forums.

Try turning off autosaves if on. And delete some saves if you have a large number of saves. (Such as 90-100 saves)

Yeah it's odd it seems to range from 10 minutes to 2 hours however the 10 minutes one are the ones that really piss me off however now that i think about it this did start after i downloaded The Dragonborn DLC....so how do i delete the DLC?
#13CrimsonCorpPosted 1/30/2013 7:20:37 AM
Ryan7251 posted...
CrimsonCorp posted...

Yeah it's odd it seems to range from 10 minutes to 2 hours however the 10 minutes one are the ones that really piss me off however now that i think about it this did start after i downloaded The Dragonborn DLC....so how do i delete the DLC?

While on Dashboard. Go to system settings, select storage > Hard drive > Skyrim, and delete Dragonborn. Afterwards go to the marketplace and download it again. Don't worry, saves are not affected by this.

Optional: if you haven't cleared the cache yet, you should try it. Press Y While Harddrive is selected, and select clear system cache. Again, saves are not affected, you will have to download updates for games again on start up. They're just 3-5 seconds long anyway.

As for Songofire; i'm not sure what it could be. Do you have Hearthfire? that DLC is known to cause issues. Something about workbenches, and some other Lakeview manner issues. I've stayed clear of that DLC due to what i've been hearing.

While I doubt it would help, try deleting the Skyrim System Update file if you haven't yet. Maybe redownloading the patches will help you.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#14THAASSASSINPosted 1/30/2013 7:28:54 AM
mine use to freeze to before i even started playing on the loading screen it would freeze or i had to wait like 10 ~inutes for it to load jow iit doesnt do it anymore
---
a''KiD Named CuDI''
#15songofish99Posted 1/30/2013 5:13:12 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
Ryan7251 posted...
CrimsonCorp posted...

While on Dashboard. Go to system settings, select storage > Hard drive > Skyrim, and delete Dragonborn. Afterwards go to the marketplace and download it again. Don't worry, saves are not affected by this.

Optional: if you haven't cleared the cache yet, you should try it. Press Y While Harddrive is selected, and select clear system cache. Again, saves are not affected, you will have to download updates for games again on start up. They're just 3-5 seconds long anyway.

As for Songofire; i'm not sure what it could be. Do you have Hearthfire? that DLC is known to cause issues. Something about workbenches, and some other Lakeview manner issues. I've stayed clear of that DLC due to what i've been hearing.

While I doubt it would help, try deleting the Skyrim System Update file if you haven't yet. Maybe redownloading the patches will help you.

Thanks - I will try dumping Hearthfire. Not like I use it.