Trying to start Dragonborn, need help!

#1AnubisSlayer2Posted 1/29/2013 11:16:57 AM
So I downloaded the Dragonborn yesterday after a long hiatus from Skyrim, and I spent about 9 hours yesterday running and traveling from town to town, even discovering new ones, to get the cultists to come talk to me. I have heard of people seeing them attacking townspeople and not even talking to them, but I haven't even been that lucky. Is there any tips or tricks to this?! I am starting to rip my hair out haha
---
GT: MasterKush814
#2obishawnPosted 1/29/2013 11:19:21 AM
Some people just don't encounter them...

Just go to the Windhelm docks and talk to the captain of the Northern Maiden, he'll take you to Solstheim which should start the quest.
---
Winter is coming
#3MattventoPosted 1/29/2013 11:19:46 AM
You have to complete a few quests in the main questline for the cultists to appear. If you aren't far enough, or don't want to do that, you can just go to the Windhelm docks and talk to the ship captain and he will take you to Solstheim. Not sure if there's a way to trigger Dragonborn's main quest from there or not, or if you can only explore and do side quests.
#4AnubisSlayer2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:21:57 AM
Mattvento posted...
You have to complete a few quests in the main questline for the cultists to appear. If you aren't far enough, or don't want to do that, you can just go to the Windhelm docks and talk to the ship captain and he will take you to Solstheim. Not sure if there's a way to trigger Dragonborn's main quest from there or not, or if you can only explore and do side quests.

I completed the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest last night before I started looking for the cultists. I thought I read somewhere that while you can go to Solstheim at any point, it doesn't trigger the actual main quest line?
---
#5simonsayskillPosted 1/29/2013 11:23:04 AM
Usually they won't confront you until you've seen the grey beards
#6silverhunter16Posted 1/29/2013 11:54:55 AM
Fast travel to any settlement or hold is usually enough to trigger them just look for the freaky mask ppl lol
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#7FalletarisPosted 1/29/2013 12:17:30 PM
From what I know, they will appear once you have talked to the Greybeards and they tell you that you are Dragonborn. After that, you just need to fast travel to a town and they will appear.
---
XBL GT: iamRevan117
I worship the tenth divine, SKOOOOOOMA!!!
#8AnubisSlayer2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:51:21 PM
I have already talked to the greybeards and gotten the Horn for them. 15 hours of playing now with tons of traveling to towns and still no cultists. What towns did everyone encounter them in?
---
#9obishawnPosted 1/29/2013 2:00:31 PM
Are you wanting to encounter Cultists or start the Dragonborn quest line?

You aren't guaranteed an encounter to initiate the quest, but if you start the quest, you'll eventually encounter cultists.
---
Winter is coming
#10AnubisSlayer2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:06:52 PM
obishawn posted...
Are you wanting to encounter Cultists or start the Dragonborn quest line?

You aren't guaranteed an encounter to initiate the quest, but if you start the quest, you'll eventually encounter cultists.

I thought in order to start the main questline in the dlc you had to encounter the cultists first?
---