Well that's highly irritating (Re: TES:O and lore)

#11RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:49:05 PM
They're really f***ing up the Altmer as a whole.

Literally a passage about the Queen riding in a swan ship.

Is this LOTR

Galadriel, Queen of the Dominion?
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#12Stormvale12Posted 1/29/2013 3:50:23 PM
I've heard that Morrowind was the one that retconned it to a jungle in the first place.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#13zeroboboPosted 1/29/2013 3:50:59 PM
i'd have no problem if they just made the altmers faces more smoothed and normal looking instead of the jagged hard angles they normally have as long as they kept the golden skin. but blah.

i haven't been looking into TES:O because 1.) i'd probably get annoyed at stuff like this and 2.) im over MMO's.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#14jrr18Posted 1/29/2013 3:56:30 PM
Stormvale12 posted...
I've heard that Morrowind was the one that retconned it to a jungle in the first place.

yes but thats takes place after talos CHIM's it up
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#15agentspoonPosted 1/29/2013 3:56:52 PM
I will wait on the official notice from Bethesada about Online being Canon.

That brings a up a question.

If it is Canon does that mean that people that said it wasn't in the past are/were wrong?

Like could I go upto my science teacher and tell her she was wrong when she marked me down for forgetting Pluto?
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#16RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:00:03 PM(edited)
Apparently MK offered/asked to help/work/consult on it and was turned down the same day they officially announced it, in favor of some random dude to play "loremaster."

LOL. Joke developers

Stormvale12 posted...

It was still referred to as a jungle in Morrowind, IIRC.

And the thing is, it was retconned *in lore* as Talos using CHIM to alter it, which would mean it should be a jungle still in pre-Talos times.

"Second, and also very important: we treat the history of Tamriel as if it were just as solid and real as Earth history."

Apparently not.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#17Stormvale12Posted 1/29/2013 3:59:34 PM
agentspoon posted...

If it is Canon does that mean that people that said it wasn't in the past are/were wrong?

Like could I go upto my science teacher and tell her she was wrong when she marked me down for forgetting Pluto?

It won't matter even if it is canon. It takes place so far in the past that nothing will matter. At least, that's what I think they are going for.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#18RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:00:37 PM
Stormvale12 posted...
agentspoon posted...

It won't matter even if it is canon. It takes place so far in the past that nothing will matter. At least, that's what I think they are going for.

Except we know as of current Tamriel times that this stuff is flat-out wrong, and that Altmer were golden, and didnt look like Blood Elves 1000 years ago :P
---
#19agentspoonPosted 1/29/2013 4:03:41 PM
But if Beth makes it Canon its Canon.

No amount of crying and moaning can change that.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#20AddictedToXboxPosted 1/29/2013 4:09:25 PM
Itís definitely an alliance of convenience, much as when the Nords and Orcs marched to the aid of the Dwarves at the Battle of Red Mountain. Individual Bretons and Redguards may not be happy about it, but the residents of their border towns say itís better to have the Orcs marching against their enemies than raiding their flocks and their farms. The Redguards and Orcs have always respected each other as honorable opponents Ė and while the Orcs may not trust the Bretons, as a general thing, they do trust King Emeric, whoís proven reliable. And serving side-by-side is building trust between the races.

Umm... No, they haven't. Least not the Redguards.

The Order of Diagna described the Orcs as fell enemies, foul and wicked. Those aren't words you'd use to describe someone you respect. Hell, the Order of Diagna forces its initiates to play the role of the Orcs in their recreation of the siege of Orsinium as a form of hazing.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!