Well that's highly irritating (Re: TES:O and lore)

#21RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:11:48 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
Itís definitely an alliance of convenience, much as when the Nords and Orcs marched to the aid of the Dwarves at the Battle of Red Mountain. Individual Bretons and Redguards may not be happy about it, but the residents of their border towns say itís better to have the Orcs marching against their enemies than raiding their flocks and their farms. The Redguards and Orcs have always respected each other as honorable opponents Ė and while the Orcs may not trust the Bretons, as a general thing, they do trust King Emeric, whoís proven reliable. And serving side-by-side is building trust between the races.

Umm... No, they haven't. Least not the Redguards.

The Order of Diagna described the Orcs as fell enemies, foul and wicked. Those aren't words you'd use to describe someone you respect. Hell, the Order of Diagna forces its initiates to play the role of the Orcs in their recreation of the siege of Orsinium as a form of hazing.

LOL. Oh my god, I literally had "The Redguards and Orcs have always respected each other as honorable opponents" copied and was about to paste it and laugh at it.

I love you.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#22Nasir23Posted 1/29/2013 3:12:41 PM
Maybe this is stupid, but is it possible that when Talos altered it, he altered it for all of History? Even before his existence?

Knowing how metaphysical the aspect of CHIM gets, this does seem a possibility.
---
GT: l The Raven l
#23RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:14:50 PM
The buildings of Alinor are said to look like they are "made from glass or insect wings." If the Summurset Isles are traversable at release will we see a design reminiscent of this? And will we see the Crystal Tower for that matter?! - By Callum Parker

When The Elder Scrolls Online launches, the playable part of the Summerset Isles will be Auridon, the big island between Summerset and the continent that includes the cities of Firsthold and Skywatch. The architecture of the High Elves is fanciful, certainly, but itís also practical, constructed of real-world materials. Architects canít make buildings out of poetry!

Baaaaassssstttttaaaarrrrddssss
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#24nathraxhPosted 1/29/2013 3:15:16 PM
Urgh. The more I hear about this game, the more I'm getting turned off it. I was really psyched for it, especially for playing an Orc in it, but that BS about the alliance-.. well, s***, son.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#25RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:18:18 PM
Apparently you can meet ALMSIVI, or at least part of them. I just know they're going to f*** that up something fierce.
---
#26kamahl25Posted 1/29/2013 3:20:05 PM
This whole topic makes me really happy

Bethesda and zenimax can do whatever they want with the elder scrolls and none you lore masters can do s*** about it
#27AddictedToXboxPosted 1/29/2013 3:20:45 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
Itís definitely an alliance of convenience, much as when the Nords and Orcs marched to the aid of the Dwarves at the Battle of Red Mountain. Individual Bretons and Redguards may not be happy about it, but the residents of their border towns say itís better to have the Orcs marching against their enemies than raiding their flocks and their farms. The Redguards and Orcs have always respected each other as honorable opponents Ė and while the Orcs may not trust the Bretons, as a general thing, they do trust King Emeric, whoís proven reliable. And serving side-by-side is building trust between the races.

Umm... No, they haven't. Least not the Redguards.

The Order of Diagna described the Orcs as fell enemies, foul and wicked. Those aren't words you'd use to describe someone you respect. Hell, the Order of Diagna forces its initiates to play the role of the Orcs in their recreation of the siege of Orsinium as a form of hazing.

LOL. Oh my god, I literally had "The Redguards and Orcs have always respected each other as honorable opponents" copied and was about to paste it and laugh at it.

I love you.

It sticks out like a sore thumb. LOL

Seriously, some of the stuff they've fabricated to explain the Daggerfall Covenant is irritating.

Since when have the Orcs had an inferiority complex?

Puny Elf! I'll pick my teeth with your spine!

You humans are all the same! Weak and worthless!

No one bests an Orc!

Yeah, it sure sounds like they have an inferiority complex...
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#28RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:23:17 PM
kamahl25 posted...
This whole topic makes me really happy

Bethesda and zenimax can do whatever they want with the elder scrolls and none you lore masters can do s*** about it

http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9096-Sir_Discord_Meme_Base.png
---
#29agentspoonPosted 1/29/2013 3:26:04 PM
So instead of glass skyscrapers we will see good old fashioned castles THAT ARE SLIGHTLY BRIGHTER to show its a different culture.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#30RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:26:23 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/6p3prk.png

When did Mannimarco become Sephiroth with Derpyhooves eyes?
---