Well that's highly irritating (Re: TES:O and lore)

#201RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:28:38 PM
rx54 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
rx54 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
rx, multiplayer WOULD ruin a main-series TES game. I dont see how saying that means we cant complain about the lore of one of our favorite series being bastardized.

Why dont you find another topic to derail with your useless f***ing trolling you child.

I'm derailing your topic by talking about the game you started the topic with?

I'm I supposed to complain about the exact same thing you are complaining about to be on topic? What are your rules?

You're supposed to not come in here and pointlessly troll about how we "cant whine about it because weve whined about multiplayer" like you do in every topic you ever post in.

I never said you can't do anything.
I'm just pointing out how it makes no sense to do if multiplayer would make the game horrible anyway.

I also don't recall saying people "cant whine about it because weve whined about multiplayer" in every topic I post in, because that wouldn't make any sense.

No, you troll in every topic you post in.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#202rx54Posted 1/30/2013 4:32:08 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
rx54 posted...
The logic of loremasters:
> Complain the idea of any multiplayer or co-op ever being in any Elder Scrolls game would be absolutely terrible
> Fully multiplayer Elder Scrolls game coming out and the multiplayer is magically no longer a problem, the lore is

The idea of multiplayer in the single player tes games would detract from the experience in my opinion.

Multiplayer in a spin off is different.

Your troll attempt is horrible, and irrelevant.

So talking about peoples prior opinions on multiplayer tes games is irrelevant in a topic about a multiplayer tes game?

Okay.
I was pointing out some inconsistencies with what everybody used to always say about multiplayer previously on this board and what is happening right now.

That's not a "troll attempt" because it is something that actually happened.
How am I trolling by reciting what other people have done?
That doesn't make sense....

You guys are just getting overly hostile because of times I have actually been a douche.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#203RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:32:50 PM
rx54 posted...

You guys are just getting overly hostile because of times I have actually been a douche.

Shocking.

Make your own topic now if you feel the need to discuss this further please.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#204The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/30/2013 4:33:02 PM
Nasir23 posted...
Nasir23 posted...
Schesparn posted...
Well, yeah. The lore is a huge part of why I enjoy it. I'm unhappy to see it on this path of "WoW set in Tamriel except now it's Middle-Earth".

Your preferences are your preferences, but I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss something before its even out, or before you've had the chance to play it.

If you refuse to accept the product as a whole because one thing was done incorrectly, you're only working to limit yourself and your enjoyment.

If disney put micky mouse and his clubhouse in star wars, am I limiting my own enjoyment because I refuse to go watch that movie? That I wouldnt enjoy because its absurd and goes against what made the series popular?

If these where bethesda's changes, it would be acceptable, as its there story, and they have every right to take it any which direction they like.

Right now this almost plagurism.

Bethesda : This is how we present the lore
Zenimad: cool, we won't change it, except now races who where at war and enslaving each other are now friends, the altmer are no longer altmer, and the orcs are emo's. Oh and cyrodil? Never was a jungle

Bethesda: but you said you would stay true to our lore

Zenimax: We did, you just made some mistakes in the past, its cool, fify!

Placing a character from another series in another series where that character doesn't belong is completely different than getting details in lore wrong.

Whether you like it or not, it has probably been reviewed and accepted by Bethesda. If they own Bethesda, then they probably have the right to go and change whatever they see fit, as unfortunate as that is.

It seems no amount of complaining and the such will change that. Discuss away, but realize you're wasting your time. Unless of course you enjoy discussing something that has already been discussed to death.

I havent discussed this yet, so of course other people discussing it has no effect on my "enjoyment".

And zenimax is placing lord of the rings elves in nirn, where they don't belong. Thats a character from another series that doesnt belong.

If you read my post, my fear is that zenimax are not seeking bethesdas approval (and i already said they are not required too), and if this is the case, bethesda losing some key members that would affect the single player game is a valid concern.
---
To be announced
#205rx54Posted 1/30/2013 4:33:16 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
rx54 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
rx54 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
rx, multiplayer WOULD ruin a main-series TES game. I dont see how saying that means we cant complain about the lore of one of our favorite series being bastardized.

Why dont you find another topic to derail with your useless f***ing trolling you child.

I'm derailing your topic by talking about the game you started the topic with?

I'm I supposed to complain about the exact same thing you are complaining about to be on topic? What are your rules?

You're supposed to not come in here and pointlessly troll about how we "cant whine about it because weve whined about multiplayer" like you do in every topic you ever post in.

I never said you can't do anything.
I'm just pointing out how it makes no sense to do if multiplayer would make the game horrible anyway.

I also don't recall saying people "cant whine about it because weve whined about multiplayer" in every topic I post in, because that wouldn't make any sense.

No, you troll in every topic you post in.

No. I don't.
Those are just the ones you remember because you actually get frustrated by them and it apparently leaves an imprint.
---
#206rx54Posted 1/30/2013 4:35:46 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
rx54 posted...

Shocking.

Make your own topic now if you feel the need to discuss this further please.

I don't feel the need to.
I wasn't discussing myself to begin with, you brought that up.

I was discussing peoples previous opinions on multiplayer in tes games in relation with this game, which happens to be a multiplayer tes game and that somehow nobody had a problem with that.

That seemed weird to me because of the previous overwhelming hostility everyone had to anything that had "Elder Scrolls" and "Multiplayer" in the same sentence.
---
#207kamahl25Posted 1/30/2013 4:35:47 PM
wait a minute beer scotch is there actually a book about elder scrolls and if there is where can i get it lol
#208SoulOfFaythPosted 1/30/2013 4:35:56 PM
You people have no right to determine what people may and may not discuss. The mind is a free country.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#209kamahl25Posted 1/30/2013 4:37:23 PM
i know im not a big shot or anything but rebel why do you get so upset at people who have dissenting opinions?

also i asked a question directed to you in another topic but you didnt see it, how does the red tower going offline make it easier for mehrunes dagon to invade? this is a genuine question not a sarcastic one
#210The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/30/2013 4:37:54 PM
Nasir23 posted...
Nasir23 posted...
kill_distroy posted...
Bethesda: Cyrodiil was a jungle and Talos changed it into what it is.

Zenimax: No it wasn't, that was just an error on your part.

Bethesda: Really? Well looks like we have some things to fix.

Elder Scrolls VI released a few years later, book: "The myths and lies surrounding Talos"

If this is the case, thats saying if Bethesda doesn't really care about their lore, it says a lot about the product as a whole.

I don't really think they care for lore masters and the such.

Its still amazing how they've managed to garner a cult following with such little regard for their product.

Zenimax own bethesda.

Therefore zenimax can sadly overwrite bethesda, my biggest worry is that some of the more prominent bethesda members may leave/get fired over the bastardisation of said product. And the behind the scenes disagreements that are surely happening.

The elder scrolls actually started as a table top roleplaying game, an adapted ruleset/universe from standard DnD rules. Of course they care about the lore, they wouldnt have spent twenty years creating and evolving it if they didn't.

I don't get where you think they have little regard for their product, when they have hand crafted some of the best games in existence,. I can guarantee you have not experienced all of the content these games offer, and you have likely put a chunk of hours into the game. Yet they have made no effort and do not care for their product?

Logic meet window.

If they are so willing to let Zenimax trample over their Lore and accept it whole heartedly, then yes. I'd say there is a bit of disregard there.

Now if you say they had no choice in the matter since Zenimax owns them, then once again there is nothing you can do about it. Seems like what you have problems with are contracts and corporatism.

Why the need to blow things oht of proportion, I fully acknowledged (and educated others), that zenimax own the company and can do what they wish. I've expressed a valid concern which is my right to do so. My problem is surprisingly with what Ive said it was about.

You are acting like I am being childish, chucking tantrums and screaming for zenimaxs head, thats not the case. I am sure they will make an excellent game, I am just dissapointed that they are butchering the lore instead of utilising the in world conxepts that could justify it.

All it would take is for zenimax to set this game in the last kalpa and everyone would be happy. And the drastic changes would make sense.
---
To be announced