Well that's highly irritating (Re: TES:O and lore)

#61JJ2036Posted 1/29/2013 6:51:34 PM
Can't wait till they announce that there will be a hidden dwemer population still around lol
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
#62agentspoonPosted 1/29/2013 6:53:01 PM
Can't wait till they announce that there will be a hidden dwemer population still around lol

Oh God.

Rebel will have a seizure.

I can really see them adding this a Race for Premium Members to play as.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#63BeidhaPosted 1/29/2013 6:53:02 PM
JJ2036 posted...

I wouldn't put it past them.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#64pauljc1Posted 1/29/2013 6:57:39 PM
clone11 posted...
Ah, Rebel, I know the feeling. This was me when they started revealing lore details about SW:TOR.

Bastards.. Making Revan a typical Sith Minion... Blgkdgjflj...

Hah, make the franchise's flagship character the boss of a level 30 dungeon. Trolling doesn't get much more epic.
#65pauljc1Posted 1/29/2013 7:02:43 PM
Beidha posted...
JJ2036 posted...

I wouldn't put it past them.

I'll go ahead and say it's pretty much guaranteed.
#66GriffRobertsPosted 1/29/2013 7:06:48 PM
Well, this has me nervous for whatever's in store for the lore. Hopefully they'll be able to say Talos changed it rectroactively, but "It's always been temperate forests, shut up" isn't a good excuse.

I don't know much about what they're doing with the Altmer, but it doesn't sound great. I can deal with aesthetic changes, but they can't just make them generic elves.

And what surprises me about the Khajiit is that I didn't already figure they would get shafted.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#67CrimsonCorpPosted 1/29/2013 7:15:22 PM
clone11 posted...
Ah, Rebel, I know the feeling. This was me when they started revealing lore details about SW:TOR.

And that Revan tie-in novel...

The Exile was an awesome character, what the hell were they thinking? I will always hate swotr with a passion. It's tough for me to play KOTOR 1 and 2 today, knowing what eventually comes to pass.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#68RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:16:05 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Well, this has me nervous for whatever's in store for the lore. Hopefully they'll be able to say Talos changed it rectroactively, but "It's always been temperate forests, shut up" isn't a good excuse.

I don't know much about what they're doing with the Altmer, but it doesn't sound great. I can deal with aesthetic changes, but they can't just make them generic elves.

And what surprises me about the Khajiit is that I didn't already figure they would get shafted.

They said they're not ruling out adding the other forms in the future, and they're not being de-canoned, so it's not a huge deal to me.

The Ebonheart Pact, I really have no problem with.

Ra Gada/Orc thing is stupid. But yeah, the Summerset/Altmer bastardization is probably the worst offender so far.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#69clone11Posted 1/29/2013 7:19:13 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
clone11 posted...

The Exile was an awesome character, what the hell were they thinking? I will always hate swotr with a passion. It's tough for me to play KOTOR 1 and 2 today, knowing what eventually comes to pass.

I never even read the novel, because I heard terrible things about it. I'm surprised it was even bad, after the Bane novels being so good.

I have the same problem, though I've been playing them recently. Personally, I just pretend TOR is non-canon fanfiction.. In a perfect world, it would be.
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#70RebelElite791(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:21:25 PM
clone11 posted...
CrimsonCorp posted...
clone11 posted...

I never even read the novel, because I heard terrible things about it. I'm surprised it was even bad, after the Bane novels being so good.

I have the same problem, though I've been playing them recently. Personally, I just pretend TOR is non-canon fanfiction.. In a perfect world, it would be.

Apparently the novel was barely even about Revan too, lol.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.