26.56% (17 votes)
Altmer pure mage: Focus and Destruction and Staves for attack, no bound weapons
26.56% (17 votes)
Redguard Spellsword: Destruction magic at a range, sword and board up close
31.25% (20 votes)
Keep playing current nightblade
15.63% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've put about 60 hours into my Dunmer Nightblade (stealth, illusion magic, daggers). He wears the Shrouded Armor exclusively and dual wields daggers, with an Ironflesh spell, when he can't avoid combat. I've done a bunch of side quests, worked my way through the Dark Brotherhood and I'm currently working through the Thieves guild, but I've done no other questlines. I'm feeling a little tired of the character, though, and I'm wondering which of the options listed above I should do. Probably to stay in character, I would do the Companions and join the Stormcloaks with the Nord, the College and join the Empire with the Altmer, and maybe do both the college and the companions with the Redguard. Haven't done the main quest really; maybe I'd do that with the Nord. What do y'all think I should do?
---
\m/LOVEFUL WAVES\m/
AIM: Dudely Snake
#2SoulOfFaythPosted 1/29/2013 3:19:39 PM
After I did an illusion/stealth character last time after a while I felt I just needed to do some good ol' fightin' so out of those I'd pick the Nord, or the Redguard but I personally didn't enjoy the spellsword playstyle very much. But that might be because I found destruction to be a very subpar secondary skill.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#3Joe_CobbsPosted 1/29/2013 3:29:28 PM
I'd say the pure warrior or pure mage. Switching items on a spellsword gets old fast.
#4Evil_SandwichPosted 1/29/2013 3:46:23 PM
All dose sound boring, try this instead.

Two-Handed/Heavy Armored Female Altmer Vampire Warrior in Daedric Armor(No Helm).

Use Archery for ranged and grab teh Atronach Stone for 100% Spell Absorb.

Only magic u should use is Restoration for heals and Alteration for Paralyze/Defense.

Also, get teh Deadly Aim perk so u can snipe stuff wit ur Daedric Bow for 3x damagez and da Sweep perk so u can cleave through multiple enemies wit ur Daedric Greatswordy.

ur perks 2hould look similar teh dis: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#251630
#5Schraiber(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:19:24 PM
Bump for some more votes. The 3-way tie is a problem...
---
\m/LOVEFUL WAVES\m/
AIM: Dudely Snake
#6YeGamingHobbitPosted 1/29/2013 7:23:21 PM
Go with destruction magic and have the satisfaction of stun locking your enemies into Oblivion!!! :D
#7zeroboboPosted 1/29/2013 11:02:43 PM
redguard spellsword!

and give him either cornrows or dreadlocks and a sickass beard.

maybe rock a alik'r hood that you self enchant. cus awesome.

grab yourself a scimitar and try using that for as long as you can (one under a boat on the shore west of dawnstar.)
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero