My ideas for a future direction in TES 6 based on the civll war, Thalmor

#1ScirelPosted 1/29/2013 4:35:15 PM
To me, the only way things can go forward with people doing the civil war quests different ways is that both Skyrim and the Empire have been weakened significantly by the civil war itself, and because of this, regardless of who is in control of skyrim, the Thalmor will take it over, effectively conquering all of Tamriel almost totally and the Empire's reign might be over.

The world that it would take place in would be one of a totalitarian Aldmeri Dominion where all the other races are under the high elves. However, your charachter would be one set to change destiny as foretold by some kind of Dohvakiin/Nerevarine prophecy.

I think it would be interesting if the Psijic ORder played a role similar to the Greybeards did in Skyrim for your charachter.

Next, I believe it would be very interesting if there was a real purpose for the Summerset Isle conquering everyone beyond pure desire to rule. What if their great wizards foresaw a huge disaster, possibly something like the Dwemer returning in full force, and needed to have all of Tamriel under their control to stand a chance.

Basically, this is leading up to a game taking place in Definitely SUmmerset isle, and possibly with the power of future systems, Elsweyr and Valenwood also being in the game for a nice, big three regions to go over, more than twice the size of skyrim.

Anyone else? Comments?
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 4342 0778 8528
#2legend4ryg4m3rPosted 1/29/2013 4:43:16 PM
the thalmor's true objective is to exterminate men and beast racee, so that in the next kalpa they can be reborn in Aetherius as greater beings and servants of Auri-EL (or at least that's how I understand it). But yeah, their motivation has already been confirmed, although only the actual thalmor know it, not the whole Aldmeri Dominion
#3RebelElite791Posted 1/29/2013 4:44:08 PM
If the Thalmor controlled all of Tamriel, they'd have the ability to finish taking the Towers offline, and then bam, no more TES series. So that's not going to happen.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#4RebelElite791Posted 1/29/2013 4:44:54 PM
Next, I believe it would be very interesting if there was a real purpose for the Summerset Isle conquering everyone beyond pure desire to rule. What if their great wizards foresaw a huge disaster, possibly something like the Dwemer returning in full force, and needed to have all of Tamriel under their control to stand a chance.

The Dwemer aren't returning. Ever.

And there is a real purpose.

To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

I shiggy diggy doo
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#5Scirel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:45:47 PM
Damn, I totally missed that. Where was this in the game?
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 4342 0778 8528
#6agentspoonPosted 1/29/2013 4:47:37 PM
If the Thalmor controlled all of Tamriel, they'd have the ability to finish taking the Towers offline, and then bam, no more TES series. So that's not going to happen.

So Rebel, did we inadvertently help the Thalmor by finishing the Main Quest?

If we didn't Alduin would have still chosen to refuse his divine duty and the Kapla would have continued.

But then if they do succeed in taking the Towers offline would reality collapse in on itself and restart without Alduin doing his duty?
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#7RebelElite791Posted 1/29/2013 4:47:49 PM
Scirel posted...
Damn, I totally missed that. Where was this in the game?

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-michael-kirkbride

It's not. But it's obliquely referenced in-game and in in-game books (Towers being taken down, etc).
---
#8nathraxhPosted 1/29/2013 5:01:55 PM
Despite your idea not really being possible, it still sounds awesome. Perhaps if it was varied a bit, it could be feasible - for instance, which Towers haven't been deactivated yet? Fairly certain Direnni's still going. So there could be a game focused on the Thalmor having conquered Cyrodiil and Skyrim, but with High Rock still holding out, and trying to defend the final Tower. I'unno, maybe mine's not great, but your idea, were it possible, would've been surprisingly cool, for a TES:VI idea on this board.
---
Dwarf shortage.