Encourage me to play Skyrim

#1hurley4Posted 1/29/2013 9:39:35 PM
I have picked up and stopped playing Oblivion 4 times. I optimistically bought Skyrim thinking that it would have improved where Oblivion loses me every time. I have started and stopped Skyrim twice now and it really bothers me. The first time I stopped because there is no encouragement to continue to play past the first 4 hours. As a thouroughist, I had a submission list longer than my arm and I had no idea where I was. On the second playthrough, I got into the first town and discovered that I could infinitely level up using the first NPC i found. It seems like this game is unrefined and should have been patched better. Am i missing something? Tell me why I need to try this game a third time! I love RPGs!
---
PSN: ChristianFour
#2SomnambulisticPosted 1/29/2013 9:44:59 PM
Just because something is possible does not mean you should feel obligated to do it. Half of the fun in The Elder Scrolls games comes from it going in unison with your own imagination and mind. Get involved in it, be creative, don't just look at it like another grindfest where your only goal is to become OP as quickly and noticeably as you can.
---
Would you like to know more?
http://i.imgur.com/hIDW3.jpg
#3Gamer_X27Posted 1/29/2013 9:55:53 PM
If you can't get into skyrim nothing I or anyone else here says is going to change that, not every game is going to appeal to every person.
---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 1/29/2013 9:57:02 PM
Well, if somebody were to bring me some duct tape, and toothpicks, I could go all Clockwork Orange on him, and force him to play.
That is almost the same thing as encouragement.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#5obishawnPosted 1/29/2013 10:04:31 PM

You can do it!
---
Winter is coming
#6blkshdoPosted 1/29/2013 10:12:15 PM
You can get married and cut off your wife's head. Afterwards you can put the head on the kitchen table and sit with it. I enjoy doing this while eating skeever tail and sitting in my underwear.
---
Xbox Live: blkshdo
BF3 Master. Add me and come get some.
#7Carruth81Posted 1/29/2013 10:18:04 PM
EmElderPredator12 posted...
Just because something is possible does not mean you should feel obligated to do it. Half of the fun in The Elder Scrolls games comes from it going in unison with your own imagination and mind. Get involved in it, be creative, don't just look at it like another grindfest where your only goal is to become OP as quickly and noticeably as you can.

I t
This. And im the same way. Took me years to get around to actually play morrowind and oblivion for any substantial amount of time. Not cause I didn't like them just couldn't get into them and devote the time to them the deserved. Same way with FO:NV. I know at some point i will want to play the game and really get into it, but til then ill just mess around.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#8JackNurSnakPackPosted 1/30/2013 2:49:47 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Well, if somebody were to bring me some duct tape, and toothpicks, I could go all Clockwork Orange on him, and force him to play.
That is almost the same thing as encouragement.

*Gives Duct Tape, Toothpicks, and a Blowtorch (just for funnsies)*
Make him play till he says he likes it then snap his disk and smash his xbox, because if he can't do it himself he shouldn't be allowed to do it at all.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#9Ajd_KingPosted 1/30/2013 2:51:55 AM
obishawn posted...

You can do it!

All night long.
---
One Bran to rule them all, One Bran to find them, One Bran to bring them all and in the weirwood bind them.
#10flagg2kplusPosted 1/30/2013 3:02:20 AM
No.
---
Making guns illegal will end gun violence right? They should make murder illegal too. No more murder. They should make rape illegal! No more rape! Drugs too...