"Loot is pointless when you can just craft the strongest gear."

#1GriffRobertsPosted 1/30/2013 4:11:26 AM
I like to think that in an alternate reality, people always say that "Crafting is pointless when you can just find the strongest gear."
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#2OverburdenedPosted 1/30/2013 4:17:25 AM
You get it for free if its looted.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#3GriffRoberts(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:21:46 AM
You get it for free if its looted.

"You don't have to try and find it in random loot if you craft it"

Don't mind me, I'm just channeling the alternate reality.
---
It's so weird, donuts and bagels are reversed in this reality.
#4kgood0521Posted 1/30/2013 4:30:30 AM
It's true though... just craft and enchant... far better than anything you can find... so why are you putting things in quotes? Is it "cool" or something?
---
XBL: KGdlux0521 / PSN: K_GooD_5 / 3DS: 2191-7651- 4963
#5lalallaalalPosted 1/30/2013 4:33:17 AM
Sounds boring.
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 1/30/2013 4:35:51 AM
In a game where diving through dungeons for rewards is a big part of the gameplay, it's kinda silly that you never really have to go through a dungeon to get some good stuff.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7MC2011Posted 1/30/2013 4:42:29 AM
Yeah... loot in TES hasn't really been it's strong point.

I wouldn't mind if Fallout 4 had some sort of gun crafting involved, allowing to you customize multiple parts of a gun, with multiple attachments for a single slot to choose from and the ability to actually remove attachments. Get a high enough variety and balance, and you could end up with your own combination that not many people use.

Then again, you would still need to find the guns and parts instead of making them from scratch with an abundance of ores and ingots. Plus I doubt the variety and balance portion won't be done... but wishful thinking none the less.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...
#8ilapostaPosted 1/30/2013 4:43:23 AM
If you RP a character that doesnt normally enchant, or use any magical/alchemical skill then you depend on the loot you find. If you are the jack of all trade types then found gear is absolutely pointless.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#9Cast_SupremacyPosted 1/30/2013 4:45:08 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
In a game where diving through dungeons for rewards is a big part of the gameplay, it's kinda silly that you never really have to go through a dungeon to get some good stuff.

I really hate seeing AND making Morrowind comparisons, and whilst I love Skyrim.. The game really falters with the really strong, hand placed, unique items. Why go dungeon diving when it's likely you'll get steel weapons/ancient nord weapons and a pittance of gold?
#10RikashiPosted 1/30/2013 5:00:18 AM
Loot in Morrowind was vastly overrated if you ask me. You could spend hours exploring dungeons for worthless iron armor or find the best possible helm/gauntlets/whatever at level 5 and therefore make all other gear useless.

Now I don't mind some really cool unique gear being placed in the tougher/bigger dungeons, but I like the way Skyrim levels the loot with your character.
---
Wait a moment... pencil processors offline!?
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.