Can you be a vampire lord/ werewolf hybrid without detrimental effects?

#1apotheoPosted 1/30/2013 2:20:34 PM
I know similar questions have been asked all over, and believe me I just spent the last half hour sorting through the different responses, but a lot of the conversations are dated or foggy on details...

Basically, I want to be able to switch back and forth between being a Vampire Lord and a Werewolf. On my current save, I am neither yet. I know you need to utilize a bug to do this.

What I'm not clear on is whether or not some of the benefits of being a VL are decreased or removed by having Beast Blood as well. Something about not being able to feed otherwise you'll receive damage from the sun? Not sure if I have that right, but from what I understand it is something along those lines.

I want to get the achievements for having all werewolf perks, AND all VL perks, but I'd like to do it on the same save if possible. I'd also like to retain all of the perks and benefits if possible, and be able to switch back and forth without issue. Is this possible?
#2apotheo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:42:38 PM
bump.. afraid to progress in the questlines until I get an answer to this..
#3RayzoriumPosted 1/30/2013 2:46:03 PM
No.

You'll have to choose between:

All vampire powers *and* weaknesses at all times, even when you are a werewolf (means you can't regenerate stamina in the sun, which kind of sucks).

or

No vampire powers or weaknesses at any time, until you feed (at which point there is no turning back).

Either way, your Vampire Lord powers will not be gimped; only your normal form powers.

I gotta go; hopefully someone else will go into more detail or refer you to a decent tutorial.
#4theonyxphoenixPosted 1/30/2013 2:54:46 PM
Rayzorium posted...
No.

You'll have to choose between:

All vampire powers *and* weaknesses at all times, even when you are a werewolf (means you can't regenerate stamina in the sun, which kind of sucks).

or

No vampire powers or weaknesses at any time, until you feed (at which point there is no turning back).

Either way, your Vampire Lord powers will not be gimped; only your normal form powers.

I gotta go; hopefully someone else will go into more detail or refer you to a decent tutorial.

I think you about covered it. After you perform the glitch do not feed as a human vampire (feeding as a VL or WW is ok). When doing the glitch you are at a special vampire stage...say stage 0. If you do feed as a human vampire, you will inheret the vampire's weakness to sunlight, fire, etc. and move to normal stage 1 and will progress through stages (and regress through feeding/blood potions) as normal. You can never return to Stage 0.

Even in stage 0 you can use VL form and WW form.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#5LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:47:49 PM(edited)
Yes.

This is how it works, you do the glitch and you are both. If werewolf was the last one you transformed into then you will be counted as human by everyone (meaning the vamps in Volkihar keep will not speak to you) and you wont be affected by necromage. If VL was the last thing you transformed into then the world will treat you as a Vampire (meaning the Dawngaurd will not talk to you) and Necromage will affect you. Also you will have Volkihar Vamp eyes, and the slight split in your lip to your Jaw. You can switch between the two at will depending on what you last transformed into. So if you last transformed into a vamp lord and the Dawngaurd wont speak to you, go somewhere private, change into a werewolf, let that run out and come back and you will be considered Human and they will be friendly again.

heres the thing about not feeding. Thats only in human form. If you dont feed in Human form as a vamp it locks you into a sort of stage 0 of Vampireism. The sun will not affect you while in human form even if you last transformed into a Vamp lord and have glowing eyes. (The Sun will still affect you if your actually Transformed into a vamp lord though) You will have Vampire sight night vision power available to you but you will not have any other Human vampire powers like drain Health or Vampires Seduction. If you feed one time while in your Human form on someone while they are asleep then you will got to lvl 1 vampireism and the stages and magic will progress normally, and you will also be affected by the sun again. If you change werewolf then back into a vampire you will go back to the stage of Vampireism you were, so if you feed once its permanent, no going back to "stage 0" You can still feed to go down to stage 1 though.

You can have all the Vamp lord and Werewolf perks like normal and can get all the totems of Hircine (Just make sure you transformed into a Werewolf last and then try and do the quests for Aela). "Feeding" in Vamp lord form to get Vamp lord perks and whatnot is different than feeding in Human Vamp form and will not progress you in Human vampire stage progression.

The only way your Vamp lord powers will ever be "gimped" is if you have Serana as a follower, for some reason she makes your Drain Health Vampire Lord power about 1/10 as strong as it should be when shes with you.

I think that covers everything
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#6apotheo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:59:20 PM
Ohhh okay.. Now is this Special Stage "0", for lack of a better word, still fully functional and as good as if I were a VL without being a werewolf? Or by being a hybrid, am I forced to stay in a "weaker" stage?

In other words, is a Stage 1-4 VL going to be more powerful/effective when compared to this Stage 0 vampire?
#7LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:05:23 PM
Ohhh okay.. Now is this Special Stage "0", for lack of a better word, still fully functional and as good as if I were a VL without being a werewolf? Or by being a hybrid, am I forced to stay in a "weaker" stage?

In other words, is a Stage 1-4 VL going to be more powerful/effective when compared to this Stage 0 vampire?

Your not forced to stay at "Stage 0" you can feed in human form and gain all the weaknesses and advantages as normal stage progression. However stage 0 is probably alot better.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#8LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:10:29 PM(edited)
Stage 0
+ No weakness to Sun or Screen blaring at you when you go outside
+ Still have Necromage
+ No/Small weakness to fire (cant remember)
+ Don't ever need to feed
+ Still have night vision
- No Human Vamp powers except night vision

Plus if you don't even want that you can change into a werewolf, wait for it to run out, and your Human again until the next time you go VL,
---
#9apotheo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:09:17 PM
Wow thanks for such a thorough answer. Just a few quick questions to help me finalize my decision if you don't mind...

There is no innate downside to being a hybrid necessarily is there? And which method did you use to obtain these results?

Finally, would there be any reason to allow the vampirism to progress from stages 1-4 normally, or is it just an obvious decision to stay at Stage 0?
#10CarbideTitanPosted 1/30/2013 3:20:10 PM
Yes it is possible and let me begin.

The Hybrid stage is when have access to both Vampire Lord and Werewolf form at any given point. The game considers you either a stage 1 vampire or a human form werewolf depending on the last transformation you used. After a VL transformation you will have glowing eyes and diminished healing during daylight. After a werewolf transformation you will be normal but not receive rested bonuses.

To become a hybrid you must have VL form and get to the point of the Companions questline where you drink Aela's blood. Right before you drink from the pool use your Power. You should appear in Whiterun as a werewolf then shortly become explode into VL form. Quickly revert back to human form and wait for the screen to turn black. You will appear next to Aela in the wilderness as a VL/werewolf hybrid.
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?