Can you be a vampire lord/ werewolf hybrid without detrimental effects?

#11LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:29:43 PM
I don't see a downside no. If the Dawngaurd wont talk to you, just go change into a werewolf and come back and they like you again, and vice-versa with Vamp lord if your going Volkihar Vampire side. You loose sleeping bonuses to improve your skills faster, though I don't see this a any kind of big deal and I'm pretty sure you can even use those if you last transformed into a VL.

For me its a very clear and Obvious decision to stay at stage 0. Avoid the urge to feed AT ALL COSTS lol. But seriously stage 0 is just better.

The Method I used is here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64293668?night_mode=1&mob_off=1

Basicly:
- Complete Dawngaurd questline for either side, become/stay a Vamp lord and have serana follow you.
- Complete companions questline until they take you to the underforge to make you a Werewolf (Have Serana wait outside of the underforge
- Enter the underforge and save right before you drink the blood of the werewolf incase you mess up.
- Activate your Vamp lord Power and drink the blood at the same exact time. You will know if it worked if it makes the shockwave sound like before you go VL and are drinking the blood.
- You should appear outside as a werewolf and then bust out of that form into a Vamp lord. Quickly use revert form and turn back into a human. tell Serana you want to become a VL and have her bite you.
- Now select your werewolf power and transform into a werewolf. Let the screen turn black and you should appear in the woods with Aela to do the next qwest for the companions. Now your a hybrid!

Also note that sometimes when you do this, when you appear in the woods with Aela to do the quest a glitch will occur where you will grow your Werewolf fur and head back but still be in your human form. Its kinda funny looking actually but unusable for anything. Wait a day and Transform into a werewolf and then back into a human to fix the glitch.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#12HatchetHoundPosted 1/30/2013 3:32:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:35:44 PM(edited)
Quickly revert back to human form and wait for the screen to turn black. You will appear next to Aela in the wilderness as a VL/werewolf hybrid.

Don't you have to ask Serana to turn you again after that to finish it? That's how I did it.

This is true. use my method it works
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#14apotheo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:39:00 PM
Alright that's what I'm going to do then.
Can't thank you enough for all the help, I really appreciate it.
#15CarbideTitanPosted 1/30/2013 3:39:40 PM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
Quickly revert back to human form and wait for the screen to turn black. You will appear next to Aela in the wilderness as a VL/werewolf hybrid.

Don't you have to ask Serana to turn you again after that to finish it? That's how I did it.

This is true. use my method it works

Yea, I was in a hurry typing that out. Missed that part.
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
#16LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:41:11 PM
No problamo let us know when you get it working and how your liking it. Have fun! I SOOOO much more enjoyed my game when I became a Hybrid
---
#17LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:46:20 PM
Also, remember the easiest way to tell what you last changed into is if you have glowing eyes or not. That way you will know ahead of time if Necromage is affecting you or how the dawngaurd factions will treat you and you can prepare accordingly.
---
#18SoulRegaliaPosted 1/30/2013 3:51:32 PM
I used to be a stage 0, but then the dawnguard questline forced me to bite someone and I lost it..
---
If it defecates, urinates, or rudely barks orders, I have no issues with crushing its skull.-Shale
#19LiqiudusSnakePosted 1/30/2013 3:58:52 PM
I used to be a stage 0, but then the dawnguard questline forced me to bite someone and I lost it..

Thats why you should do all the vamp quests before you go Hybrid
---