Hey Xbox users I got a few questions I would like you to answer

#1PootbirdPosted 1/30/2013 3:59:19 PM
I'm from the PS3 boards and with DLC coming well on its way, I'd like to ask a few questions on the DLCs you lucky chaps got early.

1.) I hear mirraks staff has unlimited charge, is this true?
2.) do people no longer attack you when your a stage 5 volikhir vampire?
3.) are crossbows usable by vampires too?
4.) would you guys recommend mirraks equipment to a Mage such as myself?
5.) is it worth scrounging skyrim for materials for hearthfire?

Yes I'm fully aware that mirrak and harkon die in the DLCs but that's all I know, please keep your answers with as little spoilers as possible :)
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
By using smoke bomb you are unable to hunt and kill like a true assassin, you must kill defenceless people instead.
#2magablaster17Posted 1/30/2013 4:08:35 PM
1no 2-5 yes
#3KoRiy5000Posted 1/30/2013 4:10:35 PM
i found miraaks gear a bit lame. i still cant find any other robe that is anywhere near as awesome as the archmages robes
#4Stormvale12Posted 1/30/2013 4:18:28 PM
Pootbird posted...

2.) do people no longer attack you when your a stage 5 volikhir vampire?
3.) are crossbows usable by vampires too?

2) There is no stage 5. If you mean stage 4, then yes, they no longer attack you. However, your weakness to fire is still there.

3) Yes, but the only crossbow you will get on the vampire side is the most basic one and you will not be able to improve it, smith it, or make bolts for it.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#5Pootbird(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:23:58 PM
Thanks for the quick replys guys

Was considering using mirraks armour, but after learning its enchantments, il guess il just be swapping the gauntlets and boots for dragonscale ones instead :)
---
By using smoke bomb you are unable to hunt and kill like a true assassin, you must kill defenceless people instead.
#6GriffRobertsPosted 1/30/2013 4:25:37 PM
4.) would you guys recommend mirraks equipment to a Mage such as myself?

Depends. If you're going for Mage Armor, you can't use the mask or the gauntlets, but oddly enough the boots don't count against it despite having an armor rating. It's awesome in that it offers Spell Absorption, and with the Robes + Boots (or gauntlets, or both), the Atronach perk, and the Atronach Stone, you can reach 100% spell absorption. The mask itself is kind of disappointing, though, you're better off using a different Dragon Priest mask if you use any at all.

Get as much f***ing iron as you possibly can. You'll need as much as you can possibly obtain. Like seriously, dual wield your pickaxes and go at it.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#7incinerator950Posted 1/30/2013 4:26:36 PM
I like Miraak's sword for having the highest base damage for a longsword, and the fact it extends like a tentacle. His armor is fairly useless though.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#8Cast_SupremacyPosted 1/30/2013 4:29:18 PM
Came here expecting some high and mighty PC player telling us how much the Xbox version sucks.

Pleasantly surprised.
#9FalletarisPosted 1/30/2013 4:48:59 PM
Pootbird posted...

You need a lot of iron, and I mean a lot. As for the other materials that are new with Hearthfire, you can mine clay and stone near each house location and you can get sawn logs from any mill in the game (Riverwood for example). It won't be too hard to do or obtain, except for all of the iron required.
---
XBL GT: iamRevan117
I worship the tenth divine, SKOOOOOOMA!!!
#10Pootbird(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:34:14 PM
*picks up two pickaxes*

Game on hearthfire

If miraaks armour is as useless as you guys say it is then I am disappoint, awesome looking gear with rubbish enchantments
I guess il use the duplication glitch to see if I can get an unenchanted set
Don't really like the mask, so I guess il replace that with a circlet with 25% less destruction magic cost with ring, necklace and dragonscale gauntlets with the same enchantment for infinite magicka.
The dragonscale gauntlets look very similar to the miraak gauntlets so it'll have to do
---