How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#11Flow_149Posted 1/30/2013 5:13:15 PM
I don't think it's underpowered but. . .

this
rx54 posted...
I just don't like how I could kill everything faster with the same spells at level 20 than now.
It feels stupid becoming less effective overtime, unsatisfactory character progression.

and this
alaindc posted...
A mage should become stronger when leveling
destruction spells should become stronger when destruction skill go up.
#12rx54Posted 1/30/2013 5:16:57 PM(edited)
alaindc posted...
A mage should become stronger when leveling
destruction spells should become stronger when destruction skill go up.

Exactly but it's not. Destruction actually gets weaker over time, or more technically enemies become more powerful over time while destruction remains constant.

Basically making magic become constantly less effective over time until enemies reach their peak levels and then it just stays that way.

Magic is most effective at lower levels as a result.
It's odd to feel like not leveling up, you have nothing to look forward to in progressing with destruction magic.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#13LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:18:07 PM
Well with 550 magica you can only duel cast incinerate like 3-4 times. That doesnt cut it right there.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#14rx54Posted 1/30/2013 5:20:42 PM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
Well with 550 magica you can only duel cast incinerate like 3-4 times. That doesnt cut it right there.

You can get magic cost reducing gear.
It's still annoying though.

The guide to using magic at level 81 is cost redux gear and spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam your enemies more than you had to at lower levels.

Pretty clear sign that something is becoming less effective right there.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#15GBALoserPosted 1/30/2013 5:46:43 PM
rx54 posted...
LiqiudusSnake posted...

You can get magic cost reducing gear.
It's still annoying though.

The guide to using magic at level 81 is cost redux gear and spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam your enemies more than you had to at lower levels.

Pretty clear sign that something is becoming less effective right there.

OK. Use unsmithed armor and weapon of your choice at level 81 and tell me how long it takes to kill anything.

Hell, use fully smithed armor and weapon of your choice (no resto loop), and tell me how you do.

Here's the difference I see:
You can feel the difference in weapon power much faster than you can with spell power.
HOWEVER, by level 40 Destro you become untouchable.

Either way, the damage output of both paths end up near equal based on perks used by 81. The only reason you don't feel like you're spamming sword swings is because it's a natural progression. I'll bet it takes near the same amount of swings as it does spell casts to kill.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#16EddMarioPosted 1/30/2013 5:52:12 PM
Vampiric Drain to get a 200% damage increase buff.
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#17Evil_SandwichPosted 1/30/2013 6:04:47 PM
GBALoser posted...
Either way, the damage output of both paths end up near equal based on perks used by 81. The only reason you don't feel like you're spamming sword swings is because it's a natural progression. I'll bet it takes near the same amount of swings as it does spell casts to kill.

Lolno.

Melee is monsterously overpowered at level 81.

Did u know that in vanilla Skyrim(No DLC) a Two-Handed Necromage Vampire character can smith a legit Daedric Greatsword that does over 1000 base dmg without even being boosted by forifty Two-Hand pots?

Did u also know said weapon can be smithed WAY before u reach level 81?

Magic is trash compared to melee in this game.
#18iDubstepPosted 1/30/2013 6:08:22 PM
Spell crafting, or at least a way to increase damage. Destruction is great until you reach like level 10... then it just becomes a chore whittling down enemies health. The fact that all you can do is lower cost kinda sucks... then you have to run away while you chip like a little b****...

But hey, its always fun burning skeevers and skeletons and such...
#19SchesparnPosted 1/30/2013 6:11:36 PM
If only there was a Fortify Destruction Damage enchantment, no one would complain.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#20iDubstepPosted 1/30/2013 6:16:24 PM
Schesparn posted...
If only there was a Fortify Destruction Damage enchantment, no one would complain.

Agree'D