How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#101MarquisRyizPosted 1/31/2013 11:14:17 PM
blah blah blah

Allow me to start off my saying it begins to suffer. At least for me it did. Still useable still killed things, but I found myself killing things faster using bound sword with a single point in one-handed. When I first tried pure mage. That run I ended up being spell sword, gave up on being pure mage.

Next, you seem to have the game, it doesn't take but a minute to jump in on expert and play without perks. Sure not every fight is going to be a winner first gun, sure ever fight isn't going to be easy but it's playable for a while. That's all I said. On Expert. I even said I don't think the game is beatable, but you can play that way for a little while. Again never did it with mage. I'll admit I would rage quit.

Also yep, 1 hit for most things, unless you're pumping health. Then you're looking at 2 or 3. Most animals like bears and saber tooth owned me with one hit, but that doesn't mean it isn't doable. You still have weapons and enchants from loot. I encourage you to try at least warrior on expert no perks just using what you find. Surely I can't be the only one here who's tried it >_>..right?

As far as Dragur Deathlord. Fought them once, but it owned me (one hit, tried about 6 or 7 times and was like F-it) and then I tried just avoiding all ruins and caves with Dragur, same for the Falmer.

The ignorant one here is you. You're either new to the game, overestimating destruction or have being playing on novice.

You want to know what I'd do as a full pure mage. Fine I got time to waste, I'll throw some of my basic. Not perfect but it works.

First I look at the end result, not the beginning. In normal gameplay not all these special conditons thrown around, I'd go Breton long before I'd go Altmer. With how I play my magi, I like fortify X magic type. X being whatever my main tree is, this case lets say destruction.

By mid-end game, the Altmer traits would be useless. 100% Magicka Cost reduction makes both high born and the +50 magicka useless. Completely. As easy as it is to train skills in this game the starting skills bonus points are completely irrelevant. Starting out as a mage is easier, and sure end game will be about the same, but the difference is Altmer will have two useless traits doing nothing where as the Breton will still have use of at least one, that being magic resist. With that it opens up a slot for enchanting that I would have had to use otherwise on magic resisting effects, provided I'm planning to enchant my gear with it. Even if I'm not that's still 25% resistance that will never go out of style.

Next I'm going undead. Sure I lose regen in the sun, but doesn't matter. My destro will be free and magicka for healing is a none issue because of unlimited casting from destro. With Necromage, all effects are boosted. Magicka resistance, healing, potions, nearly everything, including negative effects but once you get good enchants it's a non issue.

Destruction perks:
- Novice - Adept Destruction
(Any higher is a waste of perks as I'm going for -100% Magicka cost reduction. I go up to adept, because I won't have all the enchants I need to cast for free till about mid game. These perks don't seem to matter when getting free cast anyway. I never checked so I can't call it.)
- All the augmented perks.
- Deep Freeze & Disintegrate
(I don't get the fire because I hate runners, unless the runner is me.)

Enchanting Perks:
-Enchanter
-Insightful Enchanter
-Corpus Enchanter
-Extra Effect

Restoration Perks:
Novice Restoration, Regeneration, Necromage.
Sometimes I go to the otherside for recovery.

Illusion:
Anything that helps me control the field of battle with Fury, Calm or Frenzy.

Sneak - If I have perks to spare I go for shadow warrior.

Anything else is for convenience. This alone is enough to own the game on expert. Come at me bro!
#102zeroboboPosted 1/31/2013 11:16:24 PM
its not underpowered, its just annoyingly high mana cost at higher tiers.

stupid people assume its underpowered because its not overpowered.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#103FreeMan5407Posted 1/31/2013 11:25:23 PM
at last someone who do his homework, you can only dual cast 3 times for max damage & stagger- 9 times single cast , and NO is not enough against tough enemies or group , you also have the chances to miss a shot even if you are good & your accuracy is great, why because sometimes the enemies movement are erratic and you are not perfect also

even the attributes screw magic specially destruction , if you take magicka all the way 1-0-0 distribution , you only have 100 health & stamina, 100 hp without armor, naked like you suggest , must enemies will kill you in 2-3 hits even on novice , of course not a level 10 or under since enemies are weak

1h is very different magicka is not needed neither stamina really, if we play on adept or lower , we can up stamina up to 200-300 top the rest is on health, however on master is all health over 800

now tell me since the debate is 1h (alone) vs destro(alone) , if we gonna play on master, without armor etc.., what is better over 800 hp(1h) or 200-100 hp (destru)
#104RikiazPosted 1/31/2013 11:42:23 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
at last someone who do his homework, you can only dual cast 3 times for max damage & stagger- 9 times single cast , and NO is not enough against tough enemies or group , you also have the chances to miss a shot even if you are good & your accuracy is great, why because sometimes the enemies movement are erratic and you are not perfect also

even the attributes screw magic specially destruction , if you take magicka all the way 1-0-0 distribution , you only have 100 health & stamina, 100 hp without armor, naked like you suggest , must enemies will kill you in 2-3 hits even on novice , of course not a level 10 or under since enemies are weak

1h is very different magicka is not needed neither stamina really, if we play on adept or lower , we can up stamina up to 200-300 top the rest is on health, however on master is all health over 800

now tell me since the debate is 1h (alone) vs destro(alone) , if we gonna play on master, without armor etc.., what is better over 800 hp(1h) or 200-100 hp (destru)

100 hp and the fact that you will never be touched due to dual cast impact chain lightning. Using only pre enchanted magicka regen and cost reduction gear you should never run out of magicka as long as you are smart in timing your casts once you get low.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#105FreeMan5407Posted 1/31/2013 11:52:19 PM
Rikiaz without enchanting gear, is a debate that i have with the other guys saying destruction alone(exclusive) is a better skill that 2h,1h and archery (exclusive) those skills only

using pre enchanting gear is the same as using the enchanting skill as a support, so destro is not alone in there
#106RikiazPosted 2/1/2013 12:09:32 AM
FreeMan5407 posted...
Rikiaz without enchanting gear, is a debate that i have with the other guys saying destruction alone(exclusive) is a better skill that 2h,1h and archery (exclusive) those skills only

using pre enchanting gear is the same as using the enchanting skill as a support, so destro is not alone in there

No it isn't. You are only using destruction and clothing you can find with no other skills. Same as using one handed with any pre enchanted clothing you can find. As long as there is no armor you are only using that one skill.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#107FreeMan5407Posted 2/1/2013 12:28:14 AM
Rikiaz posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...

No it isn't. You are only using destruction and clothing you can find with no other skills. Same as using one handed with any pre enchanted clothing you can find. As long as there is no armor you are only using that one skill.

you have no idea what you are talking about, using a enchantment gear is using the skill regardless if you make it or find it, and why in the blue hell a 1h,2h warrior will use pre enchanted clothe, when it can use armor?

so is all or nothing, the offensive skills alone or with all the skills, armor etc... either way 2h,1h outclass the destruction skill
#108RayzoriumPosted 2/1/2013 2:14:09 AM
Rikiaz posted...
you will never be touched due to dual cast impact chain lightning.

Any particular reason that you chose chain lightning?
#109Mick65Posted 2/1/2013 3:58:54 AM
Rayzorium posted...
Rikiaz posted...
you will never be touched due to dual cast impact chain lightning.

Any particular reason that you chose chain lightning?

Chain lightening jumps directly from the point of impact to an enemy, to the next enemy, to the next...
It doesn't have a set radius like fireball, or a straight path like ice storm.
And if you can find a staff of chain lightening, it staggers enemies also.
---
Casually Hardcore
#110rx54Posted 2/1/2013 4:18:54 AM
I don't know why people have to act like it is impossible for destruction to be weaker or stronger than anything, those defending it not being underpowered.

Is there some law like the law of gravity saying it is impossible for any combat skill to be weaker or stronger than another?
You have to be stupid to think every little thing is perfectly equal and that it is impossible for 1 method to be more powerful than another...

It's like those stupid people who think everyone is equal.
I'll believe that when we all run as fast as Usian Bolt.

You all continue your argument about how it is impossible for any melee skill or magic skill the be a bit more powerful or weaker than another.
It's hilarious how nothing can be worse or better to all of you, everything is apparently exactly as effective as everything else. No thing in Skyrim is better than another thing skill-wise.

Great logic keep it up!
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk