How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#131LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:34:42 AM
So again, without reducing the spell cost or increasing magica regeneration, how much more powerful should destruction be by endgame? 50% more powerful? (Wall of elements does 75 points of damage a second and incinerate does 150 damage and around 300 duel cast) or 100% more powerful?
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#132ben_foxPosted 2/2/2013 12:23:53 PM
0. 0%. Nil.

It already takes a layering of some combination of Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy (or exploits) for melee damage to even get in Destruction's ballpark, damage-wise. If you're willing to raise at least 2 of the 3 craft skills to 100 and invest from 16ish to 2 dozen perks into the endeavor, you deserve to deal more damage than Destruction gives you for leveling 1 skill, investing less than 10 perks and having the manual dexterity required to squeeze two triggers at once.
#133FreeMan5407Posted 2/2/2013 12:44:25 PM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
So again, without reducing the spell cost or increasing magica regeneration, how much more powerful should destruction be by endgame? 50% more powerful? (Wall of elements does 75 points of damage a second and incinerate does 150 damage and around 300 duel cast) or 100% more powerful?

wait a minute does ignite and the new mask affect the wall of destruction?

cause last time i played neither the perks and the potions affect the walls of destro

also the walls neither have a 50 base damage or dps
#134Mick65Posted 2/2/2013 1:08:42 PM
The walls work weirdly.

"[edit]Effects

Fire Barrier, 8 pts for 1 sec
Intense Flames Fear, 99 pts for 15 secs; if the Intense Flames perk has been unlocked
Fire (HazardWallofFireSpell), 20 fire damage every 2 seconds. The hazard effect lasts for 30 seconds on the ground
[edit]Perks

Augmented Flames, raises damage to 25 at first rank or 30 at second rank
Aspect of Terror, raises damage by 10 pts if Intense Flames is also unlocked[verification needed— see talk page]"

Using the wall of frost against a Nord bandit type with my high level NecroVamp full Mage, he didn't make it the ten feet between us before he croaked. Flame and shock walls work well also, and I'm not using the new DP masks.
---
Casually Hardcore
#135FreeMan5407Posted 2/2/2013 1:10:41 PM
ben_fox posted...
0. 0%. Nil.

It already takes a layering of some combination of Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy (or exploits) for melee damage to even get in Destruction's ballpark, damage-wise. If you're willing to raise at least 2 of the 3 craft skills to 100 and invest from 16ish to 2 dozen perks into the endeavor, you deserve to deal more damage than Destruction gives you for leveling 1 skill, investing less than 10 perks and having the manual dexterity required to squeeze two triggers at once.

this is wrong information, melee don't need alchemy, exploit or enchanting. just a small combination of perks in smithing and enchanting suffice

and with all the combination above mention my iron dagger with 2 enchantment, legendary rank can reach the 190 damage thats more than a max out single cast incinerate or dual cast fireball ever do, heck firestorm max damage is around 400 without potions, melee damage is in another league in terms of damage
#136ben_foxPosted 2/2/2013 1:22:00 PM
What part of "some combination of" does not include just using smithing and enchanting? It still took you two craft skills, leveled up and perked, to get in the range of the damage Destruction dishes naturally, which is my entire point.
#137JohnRyan1228Posted 2/2/2013 1:22:48 PM
what if i dont feel its up?
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#138FreeMan5407Posted 2/2/2013 1:25:05 PM
Mick65 posted...
The walls work weirdly.

"[edit]Effects

Fire Barrier, 8 pts for 1 sec
Intense Flames Fear, 99 pts for 15 secs; if the Intense Flames perk has been unlocked
Fire (HazardWallofFireSpell), 20 fire damage every 2 seconds. The hazard effect lasts for 30 seconds on the ground
[edit]Perks

Augmented Flames, raises damage to 25 at first rank or 30 at second rank
Aspect of Terror, raises damage by 10 pts if Intense Flames is also unlocked[verification needed— see talk page]"

Using the wall of frost against a Nord bandit type with my high level NecroVamp full Mage, he didn't make it the ten feet between us before he croaked. Flame and shock walls work well also, and I'm not using the new DP masks.

i guess is because the DoT is inconsistent, my flames that do 27 points work better, except when DoT work like it should
#139FreeMan5407Posted 2/2/2013 1:46:34 PM
ben_fox posted...
What part of "some combination of" does not include just using smithing and enchanting? It still took you two craft skills, leveled up and perked, to get in the range of the damage Destruction dishes naturally, which is my entire point.

you don't need the smithing perks just 100, echanting is not needed either since you can find or buy the peerless gear, also you don't need sneak since snea; attack already do double damage unlike destruction, 40%x4, another 40% with 100 in melee, with 5 perks is 100% and smithing do a bonus but i don't know exactly i think is another 40% or probably more, the only perks you have to take is the one 1h or 2h with this you reach the 100 plus dmg and thats what destruction do maxout
#140Mick65Posted 2/2/2013 1:47:24 PM
@FreeMan

I can't explain it really as I have no way of checking the code itself to see what the actual damage is. Walls work for me, even with my non-NecroVamp PyroTank. Maybe it's the way I use them, set a circle around an enemy, shutterbash them and hit them with incinerate.
---
Casually Hardcore