How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#21Mick65Posted 1/30/2013 6:26:52 PM
Why is everyone so opposed to alchemy? With an alchemy level of 22 and no perks I just made a fortify destruction potion of +25% damage. You can carry dozens of them, and it would be a potion people actually use, unlike the hundreds of potions you find laying around that people never use.
---
Casually Hardcore
#22RayzoriumPosted 1/30/2013 6:32:12 PM
Lower costs. Yes, you can enchant for reduction, but "you have to enchant for reduction" would better describe the situation. Destruction spells are so expensive that it's pretty much unusable as your primary damage dealer without some enchanted gear - a weakness that none of the other combat disciplines suffer from.
#23rx54Posted 1/30/2013 6:38:24 PM
Mick65 posted...
Why is everyone so opposed to alchemy? With an alchemy level of 22 and no perks I just made a fortify destruction potion of +25% damage. You can carry dozens of them, and it would be a potion people actually use, unlike the hundreds of potions you find laying around that people never use.

It comes to to convenience.
You can have permanent apparel that increases the damage of one-handed and two-handed weapons AND potions that also fortify one-handed and two-handed.

With destruction magic there is no permanent boosts, but instead temporary potions.

Now... one-handed and two-handed are already capable of much more damage and they get to have both apparel AND potion boosts?

Magic is not as powerful and it only gets the temporary potions with no apparel boosts?

That should be the other way around...
There should be gloves that fortify destruction.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#24TurboReaperPosted 1/30/2013 7:02:25 PM
I think it would be fine if they added in a spell damage enchantment that you can place on your gear. I've always been confused as to why you can magically enchant your ring to make your swords do more physical damage, but you can't increase the power of your spells through the same process.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#25GallieGallyPosted 1/30/2013 7:08:36 PM
I think the problem is that the cost reduction perks are fundamentally flawed. Currently the perks don't scale well with cost reduction enchantment because they are multiplicative. Now if they re-designed them as additive ( ex: perk reduction 50% + enchantment 25% = 75% reduction ), it would allow more freedom for mage characters and solve a lot of problems.
#26X ProwLPosted 1/30/2013 7:20:53 PM
I like the idea of spells leveling with you.

Start off with flames.
Flames originally start off with 8DPS.
As you continue to use flames it individually levels and goes from 8 to 9DPS.
After a few hours of using flames alone it now does 15DPS.

You could always cap the spell to prevent it from being too powerful.

This would also make mages more unique, Someone who only uses fire spells would obviously be stronger with them but weaker with other spells.

Playing as a mage i find it awfully boring trying to kill enemies that tank my spells and my good spells create such a mess.
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.
#27youshallbeasgodPosted 1/30/2013 7:28:52 PM
You know this will never happen, right?

Destruction already has exploits like Aspect of Terror. And "Impact" is obviously overpowered.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#28FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 7:37:03 PM
is underpower 0 cost & impact make it cheap not overpower, learn the difference
#29DarkSeraphMPosted 1/30/2013 7:40:14 PM
rx54 posted...
Mick65 posted...

It comes to to convenience.
You can have permanent apparel that increases the damage of one-handed and two-handed weapons AND potions that also fortify one-handed and two-handed.

With destruction magic there is no permanent boosts, but instead temporary potions.

Now... one-handed and two-handed are already capable of much more damage and they get to have both apparel AND potion boosts?

Magic is not as powerful and it only gets the temporary potions with no apparel boosts?

That should be the other way around...
There should be gloves that fortify destruction.

You're not using Destruction except in combat; why would you need a permanent boost? Brew up some Fort. Dest. pots and hotkey them; drink one before every battle. How "inconvenient" is that, really?
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#30youshallbeasgodPosted 1/30/2013 7:41:37 PM
You don't need 0 cost when casting apprentice spells. and I never said anything about cost reduction.. learn 2 read
---
Relax, it's just a game.