How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#211lorddrago88Posted 2/6/2013 6:53:38 PM
So your complaint is that Destruction is boring?

Well, that's more of a flaw with this game's combat system than anything. I personally don't find Destruction any more boring than Archery or Melee.

It might not be as interesting as Stealth or Illusion magic, but that isn't really saying much.

Darg727 posted...

I never said anything about fire not being fine and you yourself says shock isn't fine. Damage wise destruction is useable and even better with alchemy. It's the fact that people say that an enchant and a bug is what destruction needs to pull it out of a rut. I argued that destruction is fine except that that the cost of making it that way takes away options that other play styles have when it comes to gear choice unless you resto loop.

If you are so adamant on it, I am on topic such as I have continuously said that destruction spells cost too much for their output in more ways than one while also pointing out as the first person to mention that the master level spells are not as powerful as they should be for the added risk and cost.

Master spells are actually fairly easy to pull off. Use Become Ethereal shout and then charge up the Master spell.

Blizzard is bad IIRC, Lightning Storm haven't tested it. Last time I used Firestorm it was fairly powerful, but I'll have to test it again.
#212Darg727Posted 2/6/2013 6:57:30 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...

to spamming dual cast , you really need high magicka or decent cost reduction or a combination of both

Which is doable @ 60 Destruction, 50 Illusion, and 60 Enchanting. Beyond that it becomes easier and easier.

The only things I had issues with were Draugar Deathlords when I was trying to get the ring that teaches Ignite, but then again anyone at level 13 is going to have issues with Draugar Deathlords.

What difficulty are you on?

You contradict yourself so many times I don't even know what you are trying to do by picking apart people's arguments when you don't have anything contrary that doesn't involve bashing people for feeling and seeing thing differently than you. Not only that you miss lead with your word choice attached to made up statistics saying that the other elements suck because they can't use a bug and an item, not spell.

Why are you so intent on arguing for god knows what when you go out of your way to nullify the entire spell selection of destruction with an item which by itself is a great tool but with a perk that doesn't even relate to fire spells, it becomes highly OP?
#213FreeMan5407Posted 2/6/2013 7:05:49 PM
no, not exactly , i forgot to mention the mounted combat and the badass kill cams , even that they don't contribute anything in combat, is something that destro lack

also lots of spells suck, without your ignite/AoT all runes/walls/cloaks are terrible bad , you can use sneak/invisibility too for the master spells, still don't justify the low dmg

i dare to say destruction is destructively unbalanced and not in a good way
#214lorddrago88Posted 2/6/2013 7:06:53 PM
Darg727 posted...

What difficulty are you on?

Master.

You contradict yourself so many times I

When did I contradict myself?
#215lorddrago88Posted 2/6/2013 7:08:56 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
no, not exactly , i forgot to mention the mounted combat and the badass kill cams , even that they don't contribute anything in combat, is something that destro lack

also lots of spells suck, without your ignite/AoT all runes/walls/cloaks are terrible bad , you can use sneak/invisibility too for the master spells, still don't justify the low dmg

So because every spell is not amazing like Ignite with AoT then Destruction is bad?
#216FreeMan5407Posted 2/6/2013 7:11:27 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...

So because every spell is not amazing like Ignite with AoT then Destruction is bad?

is not that what you are saying, only fire is good and even better with the aforementioned combo? the othe 2 need a boost?
#217lorddrago88Posted 2/6/2013 7:14:48 PM(edited)
FreeMan5407 posted...

is not that what you are saying, only fire is good and even better with the aforementioned combo? the othe 2 need a boost?

So unless every spell is one shoting enemies, then Destruction is weak?

If my Iron Dagger can't one-shot a dragon, then melee is weak?

That is essentially what you are saying.
#218FreeMan5407Posted 2/6/2013 7:20:15 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...

So unless every spell is one shoting enemies, then Destruction is weak?

NOO, i don't want all the spells to 1 shot everything or have 1,000 dmg

just balancing the 3 elements, adjusting some damage and speed casting, having multiple runes etc.. you know upgrading everything will not hurt, i prefer more dmg, speed, diversity than stagger someone or something to death, i even in favor to take out impact
#219lorddrago88Posted 2/6/2013 7:29:33 PM
So your argument isn't that Destruction is weak, but that the elements and spells within Destruction are not balanced correctly.
#220FreeMan5407Posted 2/6/2013 7:32:53 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
So your argument isn't that Destruction is weak, but that the elements and spells within Destruction are not balanced correctly.

exactly , is funny that you mention a iron dagger, cause on a sneak attack it can take out a dragon on master