How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#31FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 6:47:18 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
You don't need 0 cost when casting apprentice spells. and I never said anything about cost reduction.. learn 2 read

it wasn't for you, im speaking in general , why so defensive?, aspect of terror contribute so little extra 10+ damage? wow (sarcastic) it help flames, the other spells not so much
#32LeoduxPosted 1/30/2013 7:04:29 PM
GBALoser posted...
Since it's already been established that it truly isn't UP, I'm not sure the point of this topic...

Agreed. People just suck at using magic and/or can't abuse a glitch to make spells do 1k damage. Destruction is perfectly fine.
---
War Is The Answer
#33youshallbeasgodPosted 1/30/2013 7:07:52 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
You don't need 0 cost when casting apprentice spells. and I never said anything about cost reduction.. learn 2 read

it wasn't for you, im speaking in general , why so defensive?, aspect of terror contribute so little extra 10+ damage? wow (sarcastic) it help flames, the other spells not so much

Sorry, I was the only one who brought impact and you posted right after me, that made me think the post was directed at me.
AoT works well with ignite ( I think )
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#34Mick65Posted 1/30/2013 7:16:26 PM

It does. And to great effect. Coupled with freeze, which actually slows enemies the way frost spells should have from the start, it destroys melee fighters in a few seconds with them never getting close enough to hit you.
---
Casually Hardcore
#35NicodaemosPosted 1/30/2013 7:20:31 PM
They should get rid of Impact and retool it so damage scales with level, and make damage enchantments available.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#36DarkSeraphMPosted 1/30/2013 7:25:41 PM
Nicodaemos posted...
They should get rid of Impact and retool it so damage scales with level, and make damage enchantments available.

Hardly. Impact is what makes a Destro mage viable. Plus I would expect a dual-cast Thunderbolt or Incinerate to drop someone in their tracks. It would feel wrong if it didn't. Honestly I would like it if the effect were increased; a Thunderbolt should drop someone writhing to the ground as though they were being tased. Incinerate should make them roll around screaming, trying to snuff the flames. Icy Spear could use an effect similar to the Railway Rifle from FO3, where the projectile launches someone into the scenery and sticks them to it.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#37FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 7:30:03 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...

Sorry, I was the only one who brought impact and you posted right after me, that made me think the post was directed at me.

is okay, is just people keep repeating free cast + stagger make it OP , which it don't , it just save it from being UP , IMO destruction need a buff is the offensive skil with the worst damage , and worst shool of magic (a mess), however DB have 2 things that help it
#38NicodaemosPosted 1/30/2013 7:58:41 PM
Hardly. Impact is what makes a Destro mage viable.

Yeah, it's what makes it viable. It also makes it stale and tedious, and probably one of the most faceroll ways to play the game. I'd have no problem with having to worry about positioning and mobility if they boosted the raw damage, which is why I listed that as a tradeoff. It seems like you didn't read that part, though.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#39iDubstepPosted 1/30/2013 8:07:13 PM
DarkSeraphM posted...
rx54 posted...
Mick65 posted...
Why is everyone so opposed to alchemy? With an alchemy level of 22 and no perks I just made a fortify destruction potion of +25% damage. You can carry dozens of them, and it would be a potion people actually use, unlike the hundreds of potions you find laying around that people never use.

It comes to to convenience.
You can have permanent apparel that increases the damage of one-handed and two-handed weapons AND potions that also fortify one-handed and two-handed.

With destruction magic there is no permanent boosts, but instead temporary potions.

Now... one-handed and two-handed are already capable of much more damage and they get to have both apparel AND potion boosts?

Magic is not as powerful and it only gets the temporary potions with no apparel boosts?

That should be the other way around...
There should be gloves that fortify destruction.

You're not using Destruction except in combat; why would you need a permanent boost? Brew up some Fort. Dest. pots and hotkey them; drink one before every battle. How "inconvenient" is that, really?

Because you can only use the effect of one potion at a time. A little extra damage to a weak magic attack doesn't really help, however 4 pieces of enchanted equipment giving you extra melee damage is great.

Destruction isnt actually underpowered, you can easily beat the game with it. Its just incredibly weak compared to melee and honestly its a snore-fest. Its basically for players who are easily distracted by shiny effects and/or have an extra chromosome...
#40theonyxphoenixPosted 1/30/2013 8:08:35 PM
Every time destruction viability is debated, a puppy dies.

Don't kill puppies.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy