How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#51iDubstepPosted 1/30/2013 9:51:19 PM
Telemaekus posted...
Again, people always compare a mage skill against a warrior build.

Lolno. They are saying melee skills are better than destruction skill, and melee builds are better than destruction builds... both statements are true. Destruction isn't as strong as melee nor does it have the potential melee does combined with other skills. This is isn't rocket surgery...
#52TelemaekusPosted 1/30/2013 9:58:22 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
Telemaekus posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...
Telemaekus , what you are talking about? you are missing the whole point 1h/2 h/ archery >>>> destruction , ( the comparison can be alone or with the others skills)

the debate is not about builds or characters, is about skills alone

*IMPORTANT NOTE : people are forgetting that destruction help the other offensive skill with extra effects it can add over 100 damage & the cost reduction help the weapon to have infinite charge jajaja , face it destruction need balance

i said it before and i say it again beth destroy destruction

The point is, if you only take One handed, without smithing, alchemy, and enchanting, it sucks just as hard as destruction does without alchemy and enchanting.

it does suck, i give you that but it still better ,1 h only vs destruction only, 1 h it still better by a long mile

Not even close, because of Impact. You have to figure you would have no armor to go with your one-hander, so you would get slaughtered on master. With Impact and Destruction, you would win eventually lol. In practice, this doesn't matter because few people only use one skill. Which is why it's stupid to say Destruction on its own sucks compared to buffed melee.

The bigger point is that if you consider a mage build with destruction vs a melee build, both are completely viable and OP, even on master.
#53LeoduxPosted 1/30/2013 10:01:10 PM
iDubstep posted...
Telemaekus posted...

Lolno. They are saying melee skills are better than destruction skill, and melee builds are better than destruction builds... both statements are true. Destruction isn't as strong as melee nor does it have the potential melee does combined with other skills. This is isn't rocket surgery...

Those other skills being the crafting skills. Take those away and you're left with very weak weapons & armor. Destruction only requires 1 skill to be effective: Destruction. And Destruction is very effective.
---
War Is The Answer
#54Evil_SandwichPosted 1/30/2013 10:06:33 PM
Melee can stagger 100% of the time too just use Windshear.
#55FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 10:07:23 PM
what both without wearing armor? on master, im sorry to say this but i played the 2 methods and 1handed is far easier to handle except with dragons lol since they are out of the range xD

you are talking about impact, which is a perk you don't get it right away, and without any magic clothes, you gonna run out of magicka,

good luck punching things on master with that pathetic little health, kiting & hidding
#56FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 11:02:16 PM(edited)
Leodux posted...
iDubstep posted...
Telemaekus posted...

Those other skills being the crafting skills. Take those away and you're left with very weak weapons & armor. Destruction only requires 1 skill to be effective: Destruction. And Destruction is very effective.

destruction alone is not that effective at all even with the perks that reduce to 50% ,100 destruction , impact and a large pool of magicka you gonna run out magicka very quickly since dual casting cost if im not mistaken x2,80, what are you going to do when you run out of gas with a pathetic HP
#57LeoduxPosted 1/30/2013 11:07:03 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
Leodux posted...
iDubstep posted...
Telemaekus posted...

destruction alone is not that effective at all even with the perks that reduce to 50% ,100 destruction , impact and a large pool of magicka you gonna run out magicka very quickly since dual casting cost if im not mistaken x2,80, what are you going to do when you run out of gas with a pathetic HP

The point is to not run out of magicka & there are plenty of ways to deal with magicka maintenance.
---
War Is The Answer
#58lukeman1884Posted 1/30/2013 11:23:44 PM
The problem is that Destruction lacks growth potential. Sure, comparing ONLY archery/one-handed/two-handed to destruction, you could say they're balanced. However, I can get 100 smithing, 100 enchanting, and do almost 500-600 damage per swing/arrow, without using exploits. With destruction, I can get 100% cost reduction (archery is ranged and doesn't cost magicka either), and that's it. It lacks the ability to get extra damage from smithing or enchanting.

Solution? Give us the ability to enchant armor with +% destruction damage. It matches what the other forms of combat get, and considering it already exists in potion form, I really don't see why it's not in the game already.
---
Losers are just morons who don't have the balls to cheat.
Polar bears like the cold. Bipolar bears could go either way.
#59FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 11:28:34 PM(edited)
Leodux - like what? on master without armor, robe, power, or any other skill, good luck trying that your character gonna get slaughter even against a group of mudcrab
#60The-ApostlePosted 1/30/2013 11:29:44 PM
Spell crafting, or at least a way to increase damage. Destruction is great until you reach like level 10... then it just becomes a chore whittling down enemies health. The fact that all you can do is lower cost kinda sucks... then you have to run away while you chip like a little b****...

But hey, its always fun burning skeevers and skeletons and such...

That's not true. I can use fireball to take down many enemies in a couple hits. I took down a major fire-based boss in four hits with Ice Storm. You just need to find the element enemies are weak against.
---
Next up on the Packers' hit parade: Packers Off Season :(
http://socialmediabar.com/andersons