How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#61MoxRavagerPosted 1/30/2013 11:42:12 PM
The people who are defending Destruction are missing something. You are fully decked out in magic gear and perks. Everything has to be absolutely perfect for it to not be horrible. You can just pick up a sword and armor and go without any perks and be fine.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#62LordTalynPosted 1/30/2013 11:46:39 PM(edited)
Dragonborn DLC Masks add destruction damage increases.
As long as you wear it, it is permanent.
Combine that with the already existing perks.
Problem solved.

I just wish the destruction master spells didn't take so long to cast.
If it wasn't for that....probably no one would be complaining about destruction.

Edit: But range is probably the most overpowered skill, especially when paired with sneak.
And other posters are correct. Melee can easily go on its own without perks.
---
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
Waiting for: Dragon Age 3, Pokemon X/Y
#63FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 11:56:43 PM
LordTalyn posted...
Dragonborn DLC Masks add destruction damage increases.
As long as you wear it, it is permanent.
Combine that with the already existing perks.
Problem solved.

I just wish the destruction master spells didn't take so long to cast.
If it wasn't for that....probably no one would be complaining about destruction.

25% is not that great, base cost, low damage, the 25% don't apply to all spells, master spells are more show that anything, lighting storm is the only one decent, firestorm still in the 350 plus damage is not enough , highest cost, take forever to cast, you are sitting duck & can be stagger and that 300 damage is only when enemies are very close to you , however i like how the character look while casting it and the killcam
#64LeoduxPosted 1/31/2013 12:25:05 AM
MoxRavager posted...
The people who are defending Destruction are missing something. You are fully decked out in magic gear and perks. Everything has to be absolutely perfect for it to not be horrible. You can just pick up a sword and armor and go without any perks and be fine.

Maybe on Novice.
---
War Is The Answer
#65LeoduxPosted 1/31/2013 12:26:31 AM
FreeMan5407 posted...
Leodux - like what? on master without armor, robe, power, or any other skill, good luck trying that your character gonna get slaughter even against a group of mudcrab

Being a High Elf for one.
---
War Is The Answer
#66FreeMan5407Posted 1/31/2013 12:57:39 AM
Leodux posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...
Leodux - like what? on master without armor, robe, power, or any other skill, good luck trying that your character gonna get slaughter even against a group of mudcrab

Being a High Elf for one.

you can't use highborn since it count as a power, only a measly 50 magicka it only useful at the start of the game, although 50 is better than nothing , or if you want to count the racial abilities, 1h have orc berseker master become adept for 60 seconds for physical damage at least

1h still have the upper hand, heck with counting all of them, dark elf abilities help much better 1h than destruction
#67MarquisRyizPosted 1/31/2013 4:24:32 AM(edited)

And without smithing & enchanting your precious weapons would do crap damage.

Without enchanting and alchemy the same can be said about destruction. It's cool to remove perks from melee to try and prove that destruction isn't crap, but when the tables are turned to say the same about destruction all the pure magi players scream blasphemy. Quite foolish.

I challenge you. Go though at least expert with a melee warrior or choice of being 1 or two handed, stealth archer and a pure destruction mage with no perks, enchants or smithing. With melee or archery you can get miles farther than a base mage.

Adding in perks, enchants, potion, and smithing. Sure Destruction is now viable but that doesn't make it a good idea. In the end range and melee combat will still do far more damage and kill much much faster without looping. Where as the destruction would have to depend on impact. to survive, and all the while still doing less damage than the other forms of damage. Then melee still can comeback impact with this:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Windshear

100% stagger to everything. That only leaves magic with one advantage over melee that being range, but that's near moot unless you have a place to run if you're not using perks.

Again you have to look at it two ways, either 1. Destruction magic is underpowered or 2. Melee and archery are overpowered. Regardless of how you are looking at hit destruction magic damage is subpar being saved by impact.

This isn't hard to understand, and I find it funny that there are still people trying to argue this crap, destruction is simply underpowered when compared to other ways of fighting even within the magic tree. Again while I'll admit it's still viable and powerful enough to play the game on any difficulty. You sure as heck aren't doing it alone, as most of the game you won't have the really won't have magicka for it calling for enchants, or alchemy for potions and being high elf sure as heck isn't going to be enough to make it even remotely usable without any perks, or bonuses. Starting to make me question if you've even played the game. Since release I never heard a claim like being high elf is enough to do destruction without perks or anything. Not only that when asked "with what" that's all you put down as if that's the end all be all for owning with destruction magic. It's just....ignorant.

When you remove, weapons, armors, perks, enchants, shouts and skills all you're left with is racial traits. You can't use highborn it's an ability, and it's +50 magicka only enough for 1 single apprentice spell. As I said before I'm doing a near pure mage as a red guard run now on expert and I've almost never been in a spot where I've said, "Hurr durr dat der +50 magicka from the Altmer would have saved my life."

Please enlighten me, because if being High elf is that good I'd starting over today.
#68The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/31/2013 4:27:00 AM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
50%?
100%?

What would it take?

you've made similiar topics before.

I told you it doesn't have to be stronger.

i explained it in great detail.

I will not repeat myself :P
---
To be announced
#69The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/31/2013 4:29:09 AM
rx54 posted...
alaindc posted...
A mage should become stronger when leveling
destruction spells should become stronger when destruction skill go up.

Exactly but it's not. Destruction actually gets weaker over time, or more technically enemies become more powerful over time while destruction remains constant.

Basically making magic become constantly less effective over time until enemies reach their peak levels and then it just stays that way.

Magic is most effective at lower levels as a result.
It's odd to feel like not leveling up, you have nothing to look forward to in progressing with destruction magic.

decent point, but playing oblivion got me used to that :P
---
To be announced
#70The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/31/2013 4:32:04 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
GBALoser posted...
Either way, the damage output of both paths end up near equal based on perks used by 81. The only reason you don't feel like you're spamming sword swings is because it's a natural progression. I'll bet it takes near the same amount of swings as it does spell casts to kill.

Lolno.

Melee is monsterously overpowered at level 81.

Did u know that in vanilla Skyrim(No DLC) a Two-Handed Necromage Vampire character can smith a legit Daedric Greatsword that does over 1000 base dmg without even being boosted by forifty Two-Hand pots?

Did u also know said weapon can be smithed WAY before u reach level 81?

Magic is trash compared to melee in this game.

You annoy me.
---
To be announced