How much more powerfull should Destruction be for you to feel like its not UP?

#91FreeMan5407Posted 1/31/2013 4:26:37 PM
, not only this guy but myself too, keep telling you that destruction alone suck more than 1h,2h or archery, why? cause without enchanted gear you run out of magicka especially at highest difficulty too fast and you are a sitting duck, forget our bla bla and do it yourself how hard is to understand that???
#92KoRiy5000Posted 1/31/2013 4:34:05 PM
will the "destro is underpowered" debate ever end?

if you like it, use it
if you dont, dont use it and shut up about it
#93charon78auPosted 1/31/2013 4:34:38 PM
At higher levels, you should be able to cast a single spell that noticeably effects the enemy's health bar. Like 30%, 40% or even 50%+.

You can't.

Yes, you can win teh gaem with destro. But it just doesn't make sense that they "balanced" this skill, when so many others are "broken" by comparison.

Having said all that I don't really care. Illusion, conjuration and alteration are all far more interesting schools to use anyway.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#94Evil_SandwichPosted 1/31/2013 5:05:13 PM(edited)
Warriorz can still keep swinging dere CLayMoREz even wit 0 Stamina.

Magez R completely 6efenseless wit 0 Magicka.

Therefore, Melee > Magic
#95RikiazPosted 1/31/2013 5:06:11 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Warrior can still keep swinging dere CLayMoREz even wit 0 Stamina.

Mage is completely defenseless wit 0 Magicka.

Therefore, Melee > Magic

If a mage runs out of magicka then they are bad. I have never ran out of magicka in this game. Also I only use 50% cost reduction.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#96FreeMan5407Posted 1/31/2013 5:15:52 PM
Rikiaz posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

Therefore, Melee > Magic

If a mage runs out of magicka then they are bad. I have never ran out of magicka in this game. Also I only use 50% cost reduction.

now the debate is about destro alone without anything so i have to ask on expert/master? with out enchanting gear? against large group of deathlord at mid level? if the answer is yes i call BS
#97Evil_SandwichPosted 1/31/2013 5:21:16 PM
Rikiaz posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

Therefore, Melee > Magic

Good for U. U wanna yummy cookie? *gives Rikiaz yummy choco cookie*

Teh point of my post iz dat melee iz superiorz cuz Warriorz can still attack at all timez without 9ver stopping.

Magez can only attackz until dere Magicka 6arz runz out so dey need teh rely cost redux.

Melee don't need anything teh be effective u just draw ur weapon an hit teh enemies until dey die.
#98LeoduxPosted 1/31/2013 6:38:00 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Rikiaz posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

Therefore, Melee > Magic

Teh point of my post iz dat melee iz superiorz cuz Warriorz can still attack at all timez without 9ver stopping.

Magez can only attackz until dere Magicka 6arz runz out so dey need teh rely cost redux.

Melee don't need anything teh be effective u just draw ur weapon an hit teh enemies until dey die.

Not even trying anymore. How shameful.
---
War Is The Answer
#99RikiazPosted 1/31/2013 6:39:28 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Rikiaz posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

Therefore, Melee > Magic

Lawl.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#100RayzoriumPosted 1/31/2013 8:55:30 PM
Leodux, I think you're really underestimating Destruction's magicka costs. Even if you put every single level-up into magicka, you still only have 900 at level 81. At 100 Destruction with the Expert perk, that's only enough for three dual-casted Incinerates.

Yeah, you don't have to use your most powerful attacks - but does it feel right that you can only throw three Expert-level spells before you go dry? And even if you can make your magicka last longer by using weaker spells, it's still handicap that the other skills don't have.

Destruction feels fine most of the time because you use tons of enchanted gear. Have a go without it. No magicka or fortify equipment, and definitely no summons. Reset your restoration tree to get rid of Recovery if you have it, and go clear a Draugr ruin.

I'm not even saying it's worse than melee or archery, but it's definitely just as reliant on other skills, if not more so.