What do you guys do on xbox 360?

#71ploomerPosted 2/2/2013 11:22:32 AM
Can't we all just get along and enjoy the game on what ever platform is available to you? A lot of the DLC for the consoles are based off of user generated mods on the PC so what does it matter if we have to wait a little bit for Bethesda to perfect them to how they want it. Just sit down shut up and enjoy the game people...
---
Were here for a good time, not a long time
#72lordofchaos17Posted 2/2/2013 11:40:34 AM
*insert PC Vs. Console rant here*
seriously, people. It's just a game. Calm the f*** down.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#7395_EclipsePosted 2/2/2013 12:23:15 PM(edited)
SwtorN00b posted...
<
Total lies,

1) some people like the mouse/keyboard but if not then you can do like me and use a wired 360 controller which kills your better controls argument.

2) Graphics are better on PC by default, the dev's confirmed this before launch there was a big to do over the whole thing... to add to that the developers released a high end texture pack for the PC as a free DLC which makes the graphics even better so i think you lost that one too.

- Full disclaimer, I dont care what you do in your game thats the point of the game and I play on PC and 360 .

1 : You use a controller vs a mouse/keyboard player puts you at an instant disadvantage, not everyone wants to deal with that.
(Edit:) For Skyrim it may be different, but I know in Morrowind, trying to play with a controller on PC didn't work very well, due to the much different interface. I admit I haven't tried Skyrim on PC though. (End Edit)
2 : No one honestly cares. Good graphics are great, but they aren't the key thing that makes a game good, far from it in fact.

violentdissmay posted...
Leodux posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy Keyboard/mouse controls.

That.

While I only play on Xbox, "system instability" is laughable, RRoD was a massive issue for a long time

I think its hilarious how many of you actually took that comment seriously.

On a serious note, no one cares about your PC's stats, or the games you play on it. What you all fail to realize is that we (most of us) could all own PC's if we wanted,(I do own one in fact, though admittedly not cutting edge) but many of us play where our friends are, mine happen to be mostly on 360. On top of that, some game types, I simply don't enjoy on PC. FPS being one of those. Some game types, like RTS, I find unplayable on consoles, and I hate them. Its a matter of preference. Mods are nice, and I do admit that they can extend the life of a game (I still play SC4 to this day thanks to mods) but they aren't the end all.

Honestly, as gamers we should stop bickering among each other and focus on the real issues with gaming, like the increasing "milking" of gamers. And don't act like the ails of gaming don't effect PC games these days, PC games are a dying breed, and they shouldn't be. Games shouldn't be made on consoles then ported, they should be made on PC's, where they can push the limits. That would be better for us all, because when new consoles are released the tech would already be in place for much better games.

But, instead we'll continue to troll each other, because its the simpler thing to do. Even I'm guilty of that lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#74ploomerPosted 2/2/2013 2:53:11 PM
^^^This guy has the right idea^^^ What we really should be pissed about is the price spike we've seen in the last 10 years for video games. There is no reason a game should cost $70 brand new like f*** off. I have a full time job but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend that much on a video game right off the hop. I do make a few exceptions a year for maybe 2 or 3 games.
---
Were here for a good time, not a long time
#75iedahGPosted 2/2/2013 4:10:31 PM(edited)
Play the game. I enjoy it, and don't whine or cry about the things I don't have access to. If I want those things, I deal with not having them, simple as that. I don't have the inclination, patience, time or wanton disregard for my kid's future that it takes to constantly drop money on keeping a computer updated to play the latest games. I have two computers, a laptop that was under 300 bucks and a desktop that I used to in the military to write reports and do paperwork.

I really dont get why people still hold onto he misconception that PC is more expensive then consoles when its actually much cheaper.

I prefer PC over the xbox because it cost less.
It cost 500$ for me to build my own machine. I only spent 135$ on "upgrades" last year (a 5770). Now my cheap build is not able to max out every game out there but they still look and run better then consoles .

I havent touched my xbox in months because of the ridiculous expenses and borderline illegal scams pushed by big developers and microsoft.
Playing on consoles you have to deal with....

-a yearly fee for online play
+Online play is free on PC unless you are one of those types who like to throw away their money on lolwow.

-accessories that are ridiculously over priced. a 250 GB HD cost the same or more than a 1 TB HD unit found in PCs. Mouse and keyboard adapters go for 150$. The only rason why they are dropped in price is because the next consoles are around the corner.
+The is no extra cost for using a gamepad for PC. You just plug it in and play.

-The games cost 55-65$ within their first half year and by the time their price drops to a reasonable amount players and developers have already migrated to the next big title. When you try to buy them used you have to pay for an online pass and map packs and characters separately making the whole buy used thing pointless.
+PC games drop in price much faster and the DRM services hold special discount sales every once in awhile. You can afford to take more risk because if you buy a crap game its not much of a sting because you only payed 5-25$ for it.

-Theres content locked on the disk that you cannot access until you pay the 15$ unlock fee (On Disk DLC).
+found content in your game directory or CD thats not activated yet? Just use a third party program to unlock it or download a crack and access the content for free. Developers like to call this "piracy" but what it really is their customers are locking up their butt-cheeks and using content hat they paid for. This is one of the many reason why developers focus on console so much. Its hard to rape PC users or take advantage of them.

-Cant use services like net flix without gold service.
+Not a problem for PC as long as you are paying your utility bills.

-You are at the developers mercy for added content.
+Some PC titles allow mods. Even with the young monster, deserts of elsweyr, monster hunter enemy pack, and deadly combat mods my Skyrim has a crap ton extra life added to it. The quality amount of content will continue to improve long after skyrim is "dead" or "too old".
hell the only reason why I stopped playing Oblivion was due to the fact that I reformatted my harddrive and I didnt want to reinstall the 89 GB of mods that accumulated over the years. It was the perfect set up.

Xbox is still useful because PC exclusives suck and 90% of its market is stupid wow knock offs, wow like meta games, and crappy f2p games and very few people own or understand gaming computers but content-for-money is not debatable.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#76SwtorN00bPosted 2/2/2013 6:15:21 PM
iedahG posted...
Play the game. I enjoy it, and don't whine or cry about the things I don't have access to. If I want those things, I deal with not having them, simple as that. I don't have the inclination, patience, time or wanton disregard for my kid's future that it takes to constantly drop money on keeping a computer updated to play the latest games. I have two computers, a laptop that was under 300 bucks and a desktop that I used to in the military to write reports and do paperwork.

I really dont get why people still hold onto he misconception that PC is more expensive then consoles when its actually much cheaper.

I prefer PC over the xbox because it cost less.
It cost 500$ for me to build my own machine. I only spent 135$ on "upgrades" last year (a 5770). Now my cheap build is not able to max out every game out there but they still look and run better then consoles .

I havent touched my xbox in months because of the ridiculous expenses and borderline illegal scams pushed by big developers and microsoft.
Playing on consoles you have to deal with....

-a yearly fee for online play
+Online play is free on PC unless you are one of those types who like to throw away their money on lolwow.

-accessories that are ridiculously over priced. a 250 GB HD cost the same or more than a 1 TB HD unit found in PCs. Mouse and keyboard adapters go for 150$. The only rason why they are dropped in price is because the next consoles are around the corner.

-The games cost 55-65$ within their first half year and by the time their price drops to a reasonable amount players and developers have already migrated to the next big title. When you try to buy them used you have to pay for an online pass and map packs and characters separately making the whole buy used thing pointless.
+PC games drop in price much faster and the DRM services hold special discount sales every once in awhile. You can afford to take more risk because if you buy a crap game its not much of a sting because you only payed 5-25$ for it.

-Theres content locked on the disk that you cannot access until you pay the 15$ unlock fee (On Disk DLC).
+found content in your game directory or CD thats not activated yet? Just use a third party program to unlock it or download a crack and access the content for free. Developers like to call this "piracy" but what it really is their customers are locking up their butt-cheeks and using content hat they paid for. This is one of the many reason why developers focus on console so much. Its hard to rape PC users or take advantage of them.

-Cant use services like net flix without gold service.
+Not a problem for PC as long as you are paying your utility bills.

-You are at the developers mercy for added content.
+Some PC titles allow mods. Even with the young monster, deserts of elsweyr, monster hunter enemy pack, and deadly combat mods my Skyrim has a crap ton extra life added to it. The quality amount of content will continue to improve long after skyrim is "dead" or "too old".
hell the only reason why I stopped playing Oblivion was due to the fact that I reformatted my harddrive and I didnt want to reinstall the 89 GB of mods that accumulated over the years. It was the perfect set up.

Xbox is still useful because PC exclusives suck and 90% of its market is stupid wow knock offs, wow like meta games, and crappy f2p games and very few people own or understand gaming computers but content-for-money is not debatable.

You expect any self respecting gamer to respect your opinion when you say the pc library consists of only mmo's?

We have the most exclusives compared to ps3 and 360 combined. Only like 5% of them are mmo's.
#77iedahGPosted 2/2/2013 8:44:00 PM
iedahG posted...
x

x

You expect any self respecting gamer to respect your opinion when you say the pc library consists of only mmo's?

We have the most exclusives compared to ps3 and 360 combined. Only like 5% of them are mmo's.

Uh-oh, I spell a fanboy.

Where did i day it only consistent of MMOs?

Theres a reason why people made petitions and begged like dogs to get a Dark souls port for PC.
PC exclusives do suck when you compared them to games that are only available on consoles unless you are a neckbeard or like old school. It does have a lot but the majority of them are f2p, indie, or cheap knock offs that no one has ever heard or care about. The most popular ones are games like league of legends which is nothing more then a poor mans battle for middle earth. Of course you got some gems like company of heros or mount and blade but thats nothing compared to the large list off AAA titles you can buy for consoles.
Its been years since I played a PC only FPS that didnt suck goat testicles or was free to play while sucking goat testicles.
---
(\__/)
#78MastadiPosted 2/2/2013 10:44:20 PM
iedahG posted...
iedahG posted...
x

x

Uh-oh, I spell a fanboy.

Where did i day it only consistent of MMOs?

Theres a reason why people made petitions and begged like dogs to get a Dark souls port for PC.
PC exclusives do suck when you compared them to games that are only available on consoles unless you are a neckbeard or like old school. It does have a lot but the majority of them are f2p, indie, or cheap knock offs that no one has ever heard or care about. The most popular ones are games like league of legends which is nothing more then a poor mans battle for middle earth. Of course you got some gems like company of heros or mount and blade but thats nothing compared to the large list off AAA titles you can buy for consoles.
Its been years since I played a PC only FPS that didnt suck goat testicles or was free to play while sucking goat testicles.

Being indie does not make a game bad. Heck, the sheer quantity of the games available means that there are some unique experiences out there which couldn't be done feasibly with a large budget and a publisher breathing down on the devs' neck. EA wouldn't release something like Minecraft. Activision wouldn't even look at a title like Awesomenauts. The games might sometimes not have as high production values as triple A titles, but they are original, unique experiences, which more than makes up for the sometimes mediocre graphics and audio - and even then, many indie games have beautiful, unique graphical styles which no major publisher would even consider.

PC has a huge library of exclusives, many of which simply couldn't be done to a similar standard on consoles, heck, even entire genres which are virtually exclusive for the platform, such as RTS games. Halo Wars tried to be a console RTS, and while not bad, it was laughable compared to games like starcraft, company of heroes or dawn of war.

PC offers in many cases better control scheme with mouse and keyboard, while still allowing you to use a gamepad or similar device in most titles which suit it (and in some, it is actually the preferred option). Control devices on PC are not really an issue because of the sheer freedom of choice you're given.

And LoL is nothing like Battle For Middle Earth. One's an RTS, the other is a MOBA. Other than a similar control scheme and viewpoint, the two genres aren't really similar.

As for the PC exclusive FPS games, you have ARMA II, Blacklight: Retribution, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Counter Strike (All versions), Natural Selection II and many others I can't think of off the top of my head... not to mention, KB+M is vastly superior for FPS games compared to a gamepad. Games like UT or Quake are far too fast paced to handle with a controller.

I'm not bashing on consoles - they have their advantages, too. But overall, in my opinion, PC is simply a superior option to any console, if you have to choose only one.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#79JohnnyG118Posted 2/2/2013 11:11:44 PM
Moonpath to Elsewyr = PC Victory

That is all.
#80iedahGPosted 2/3/2013 12:13:29 AM(edited)
Mastadi are you even quoting the right person?

Being indie does not make a game bad. Heck, the sheer quantity of the games available means that there are some unique experiences out there which couldn't be done feasibly with a large budget and a publisher breathing down on the devs' neck. EA wouldn't release something like Minecraft. Activision wouldn't even look at a title like Awesomenauts. The games might sometimes not have as high production values as triple A titles, but they are original, unique experiences, which more than makes up for the sometimes mediocre graphics and audio - and even then, many indie games have beautiful, unique graphical styles which no major publisher would even consider.

"Of course you got some gems like company of heros or >>>>mount and blade<<<<< but thats nothing compared to the large list off AAA titles you can buy for consoles."
No one said indie meant bad. What i said was the majority are indie or cheap knock offs of other games(a lot of diablo and warcraft clones).

PC has a huge library of exclusives, many of which simply couldn't be done to a similar standard on consoles, heck, even entire genres which are virtually exclusive for the platform, such as RTS games. Halo Wars tried to be a console RTS, and while not bad, it was laughable compared to games like starcraft, company of heroes or dawn of war.
This just comes down to opinion because I hated starcraft since the 90s and found dawn of war to be just as stupid. Age of empires and lord of the rings took a huge dump on those two games and their nonsense land combat and stupidly large power armor that did zip to protect people from gettgn thier heads bitting off.
Halo wars was much better, only problem I had was the unfixable lag.

PC offers in many cases better control scheme with mouse and keyboard, while still allowing you to use a gamepad or similar device in most titles which suit it (and in some, it is actually the preferred option). Control devices on PC are not really an issue because of the sheer freedom of choice you're given.

First half is just nonse and I already covered this myself

And LoL is nothing like Battle For Middle Earth. One's an RTS, the other is a MOBA. Other than a similar control scheme and viewpoint, the two genres aren't really similar.
Yes it is similar to battle of middle earth, Im not talking about that piece of garbage with the boring cut and dry rock paper scissors gameplay . You control a hero and you level up their powers and skills by killing enemy units and heros while trying to destroy their citadel at the other end of the map. The only difference is league of legends dont allow you to micromanage armies.
I know what MOBAs are. They are just watered down strategy games with world of warcrafts god awful artstyle.

As for the PC exclusive FPS games, you have ARMA II, Blacklight: Retribution, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Counter Strike (All versions), Natural Selection II and many others I can't think of off the top of my head... not to mention, KB+M is vastly superior for FPS games compared to a gamepad. Games like UT or Quake are far too fast paced to handle with a controller.
I actually owned and played all of those games except black light, bet its a free to play game or a game on the road to becoming free to play because I seen zero ads outside of the steam shop browser .
Arma feels like more of a training sim then an actual game, most people will be bored to death playing that game.
Counterstike was great like 10 years ago. Most people dont play shooters that are that dated.
Stalker was pretty bland.
the natural selection mod was fun but games like that are very rare and no one in this universe plays unreal or quake.
---
(\__/)