What do you guys do on xbox 360?

#81MastadiPosted 2/3/2013 12:41:52 AM
"Of course you got some gems like company of heros or >>>>mount and blade<<<<< but thats nothing compared to the large list off AAA titles you can buy for consoles."
No one said indie meant bad. What i said was the majority are indie or cheap knock offs of other games(a lot of diablo and warcraft clones).

You implied that because they're indie, that somehow must mean they're worse than AAA titles. Triple A means nothing in terms of the actual quality of the game. Consoles might have more prominent triple A exclusives, but PC has plenty of great games unavailable anywhere else. I don't see how the fact they are indie affects anything at all.

This just comes down to opinion because I hated starcraft since the 90s and found dawn of war to be just as stupid. Age of empires and lord of the rings took a huge dump on those two games and their nonsense land combat and stupidly large power armor that did zip to protect people from gettgn thier heads bitting off.
Halo wars was much better, only problem I had was the unfixable lag.

As you said, it's subjective. However, you can't really argue with the fact that PC is simply better suited for RTS games.

The only difference is league of legends dont allow you to micromanage armies.
I know what MOBAs are. They are just watered down strategy games with world of warcrafts god awful artstyle.

They're not really strategy games though, not in the RTS sense. The fact that you control only one unit most of the time places much more emphasis on the 'skill' of the unit as it's used by the player. If you go into a MOBA expecting an RTS, you will be disappointed, because they're not similar in terms of the gameplay, despite very related base mechanics. They have more in common with Action RPGs than RTS's. And graphics don't really have anything to do with the genre itself...

I actually owned and played all of those games except black light, bet its a free to play game or a game on the road to becoming free to play because I seen zero ads outside of the steam shop browser .

It is a free to play game, with a decent business model. What's the issue with that?

>Arma feels like more of a training sim then an actual game, most people will be bored to death playing that game.

It's meant to be very realistic. If you want a CoD clone, then clearly it's not for you, but the game is still immensely enjoyable.

Counterstike was great like 10 years ago. Most people dont play shooters that are that dated.

You might want to take a look at http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

Stalker was pretty bland.

That's completely subjective. I thought the world and lore was quite interesting, and the gameplay, while not without it's flaws, was quite decent.

the natural selection mod was fun but games like that are very rare

No, they're not really that rare. It's just simply a case of most people being unaware of them because of the overwhelming marketing of generic AAA shooters that also come out on consoles. And I was not talking about the mod, but rather the stand alone game released a few months back.

and no one in this universe plays unreal or quake.

I don't see how that's relevant. I simply brought them up because they're a good example of how something seemingly small like the type of input device can affect the gameplay - you simply do not get similar experiences on the consoles.
Besides, people still do play both of those games, despite both of them being over a decade old. Just because you personally don't, doesn't mean nobody does.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#82Bigj089Posted 2/3/2013 1:17:10 AM
How PC gamers view themselves

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/186fmthlhvpuhjpg/original.jpg

How console gamers view PC gamers

http://i.qkme.me/3qbcis.jpg

Of course its not all true but I found it quite funny.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#83iedahGPosted 2/3/2013 2:18:14 AM(edited)
You implied that because they're indie, that somehow must mean they're worse than AAA titles. Triple A means nothing in terms of the actual quality of the game. Consoles might have more prominent triple A exclusives, but PC has plenty of great games unavailable anywhere else. I don't see how the fact they are indie affects anything at all.
Indie affects a lot.
Its not hard to grasp that games with lower budgets tend to have lower production value. That does not stop them from being fun but not every game makes it.
The point is if you have a crap ton of indie games the chances that you are going to find alot of bad ones are pretty high because AAA developers are not the only ones who try to piggy back off the success of other titles.
Alot of console games rip off call of duty.. PC games tend to rip off counterstrike or world of warcraft(games that are already geared towards the super nerds and old farts who cant move on)
Their low budgets and small teams are already two strikes against them. Copying from a already established game and not pitching in innovation is a instant failure hence the large number of MMOS and cheap FPS going free to play.

As you said, it's subjective. However, you can't really argue with the fact that PC is simply better suited for RTS games.

And no ones trying. If you havent noticed yet, I prefer PC so half of your responses are jumping the gun.
Obviously i stuck a nerve when I said PC exclusive suck because you just went into fanboy mode trying to spark a debate when there is none to be made..

They're not really strategy games though, not in the RTS sense. The fact that you control only one unit most of the time places much more emphasis on the 'skill' of the unit as it's used by the player. If you go into a MOBA expecting an RTS, you will be disappointed, because they're not similar in terms of the gameplay, despite very related base mechanics. They have more in common with Action RPGs than RTS's. And graphics don't really have anything to do with the genre itself...

No it dosent because you dont have to strategically control the pawn units. It takes less skill because all you have to do is worry about one unit. Controlling heros in LOL is 90% the same as it is in lord of the rings. moba games are just RTS games that restrict your controls to a single hero rather then a group of heros and a army and its boring as fly sex.
ART STYLE =/= GRAPHICS.....

It is a free to play game, with a decent business model. What's the issue with that?
free to play is a scam when its used for shooters. they overprice characters and weapons and they punish free users by giving premiums over powered gear. They also make it a huge grind to obtain items and when you get enough points to unlock it there is a time limit on it.

It's meant to be very realistic. If you want a CoD clone, then clearly it's not for you, but the game is still immensely enjoyable.

Yeah because only call of duty players find army sims boring right?

You might want to take a look at http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/
That does prove anything, it just backs up statement about PC being geared towards neckbeards and people who like old school games.

That's completely subjective. I thought the world and lore was quite interesting, and the gameplay, while not without it's flaws, was quite decent.

Fallout.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#84iedahGPosted 2/3/2013 2:15:40 AM
No, they're not really that rare. It's just simply a case of most people being unaware of them because of the overwhelming marketing of generic AAA shooters that also come out on consoles. And I was not talking about the mod, but rather the stand alone game released a few months back.

No its because they are average games at best.
Dark souls didnt feed too much to marketing and it didnt get drowned out by Skyrim or any of the other dumbed down casualized action games.
Again games like natural selection are very rare compared to the dozens of great games that can be found on consoles.

I don't see how that's relevant. I simply brought them up because they're a good example of how something seemingly small like the type of input device can affect the gameplay - you simply do not get similar experiences on the consoles.
Besides, people still do play both of those games, despite both of them being over a decade old. Just because you personally don't, doesn't mean nobody does.

Again you went into fanboy mode with the kb& mouse thing. Your Pcolitical statements are unnecessary.
Its relevant because those games are old as dirt and their gameplay is outdated. You rarely get the same type of gameplay on modern PC games too. Most developers go for more realism and gravity when they make shooters.
---
(\__/)
#85MastadiPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#86MastadiPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:39 AM
Indie affects a lot.
Its not hard to grasp that games with lower budgets tend to have lower production value. That does not stop them from being fun but not every game makes it.
The point is if you have a crap ton of indie games the chances that you are going to find alot of bad ones are pretty high because AAA developers are not the only ones who try to piggy back off the success of other titles.

That still doesn't invalidate the huge amount of great indie game which the consoles simply do not get.

Their low budgets and small teams are already two strikes against them. Copying from a already established game and not pitching in innovation is a instant failure hence the large number of MMOS and cheap FPS going free to play.

If anything, most indie games tend to be unusual and innovative, especially the succesful ones. I can't honestly think of many good indie games which were simply clones of existing games and didn't bring much new to the table

Obviously i stuck a nerve when I said PC exclusive suck because you just went into fanboy mode trying to spark a debate when there is none to be made..

You just made a couple statements I disagreed with, or just thought they were wrong.

No it dosent because you dont have to strategically control the pawn units. It takes less skill because all you have to do is worry about one unit. Controlling heros in LOL is 90% the same as it is in lord of the rings. moba games are just RTS games that restrict your controls to a single hero rather then a group of heros and a army and its boring as fly sex.
ART STYLE =/= GRAPHICS.....

Art style is part of graphics. Just because some of the current MOBA games have similar art style to WoW doesn't mean it's a feature of the genre.

And saying that because you control one unit it requires less skill is just plain wrong. It might require a different skill, but it's really arguable which genre takes more skill and it will vary from game to game.

free to play is a scam when its used for shooters. they overprice characters and weapons and they punish free users by giving premiums over powered gear. They also make it a huge grind to obtain items and when you get enough points to unlock it there is a time limit on it.

While that is true in most f2p games, the business model in blacklight is actually very fair. AFAIK there aren't any weapons exclusive to paying users, and the ones you start out with are perfectly usable.

Yeah because only call of duty players find army sims boring right?

I was exaggerating. You can't really claim an individual game is objectively bad because you don't enjoy the genre.

That does prove anything, it just backs up statement about PC being geared towards neckbeards and people who like old school games.

I don't really get what you mean by 'being geared towards neckbeards'. It's an action FPS, a relatively well balanced one with a hint of realism.

And what's so wrong with PC having old school games? More variety is better, you don't really get those on the consoles outside the x360 arcade/ps store.

Fallout.

Is not really all that much like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. other than the everpresent gloom and destruction?

No its because they are average games at best.
Dark souls didnt feed too much to marketing and it didnt get drowned out by Skyrim or any of the other dumbed down casualized action games.

Compared to games like natural selection 2, it had tons of marketing.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#87MastadiPosted 2/3/2013 2:59:27 AM
Its relevant because those games are old as dirt and their gameplay is outdated. You rarely get the same type of gameplay on modern PC games too. Most developers go for more realism and gravity when they make shooters.

You still get very fast paced action based shooters. Tribes: Ascend, Nexuiz, CS:GO, Warsow, Shootmania, etc. Just because the core mechanics aren't anything new, doesn't make the gameplay itself outdated.
---
#88CaIiber345Posted 2/3/2013 3:27:28 AM
I push my fingers into my eyes...

It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache...
---
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
Hail HYDRA!
#89RobRoy316Posted 2/3/2013 4:02:45 AM
Leodux posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy Keyboard/mouse controls.

That.

and insanely high prices to begin with. As well as replacement for the system itself. pc? every year. Xbox? How long have we been in this console generation?? and iI have had the original Xbox 360 almost all that time....
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 PSN - CapnAmericaUSMG Xbox 360 GamerTag
#90iedahGPosted 2/3/2013 4:16:44 AM

You still get very fast paced action based shooters. Tribes: Ascend, Nexuiz, CS:GO, Warsow, Shootmania, etc. Just because the core mechanics aren't anything new, doesn't make the gameplay itself outdated.

Counterstike is not where near as fast paced as unreal and the other games you listed are cheap or ugly free to play games that no one cares about.
---
(\__/)