Has anyone done a pure shout playthrough? (100% shout cooldown required)

#21Belgarion05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:30:04 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Personally. I do a shout cooldown build and it is my favorite way to play the Dragonborn. I find that 80% reduction is enough and 100% with Dragon Aspect 1/day for powerful enemies and bosses. I don't use weapons, and only use magic until I get Flame Breath and increase it for Augments. I use a 100/900/100 build and Temple Priest Robes. No Alchemy or Restoration.

Viable combat shouts (with 100% cooldown)
- Become Ethereal: Best used for traps and mountains
- Disarm: One of the best. Renders most non-mages powerless.
- Dismay: Don't usually bother with this one.
- Drain Vitality: This one either.
- Elemental Fury: Nope.
- Fire Breath: Absolutely. Primary damage. Augment Fire, Ahzidal's Mask, Meditate on Yol. Too bad Aspect of Terror doesn't work on this.
- Frost Breath: Much better with the ice form added ability.
- Ice Form: Superceded by Frost Breath
- Marked for Death: Works good on enemies when you have many other melee NPCs around to help.
- Slow time: Don't really use it.- Soul Tear: Probably one of the most powerful shouts. 300 damage and soul trap
- Unrelenting force: 1HKO at high altitudes

- Cyclone: Good crowd control even with 1 word.
- Storm Call, good for outside, but not if you have allies
- Call of Valor. They use Disarm before you may have all three words. Provides another body and useful with Marked for Death.
- Whirlwind Sprint good for travel
- Bind Will. Massively powerful, especially with 100% reduction.
- Animal Allegience. Helpful when traveling in the wild. Turn those dungeon spiders and chaurus against the humans.

I have yet to do Dragonborn, so I didn't know there was more that gives fire damage O.o.

Also, you mentioned Augment fire. Are you talking about the Destruction perk? I wouldn't have thought that worked on Shouts.
---
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
#22theonyxphoenixPosted 1/31/2013 5:35:20 PM
Belgarion05 posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...
Personally. I do a shout cooldown build and it is my favorite way to play the Dragonborn. I find that 80% reduction is enough and 100% with Dragon Aspect 1/day for powerful enemies and bosses. I don't use weapons, and only use magic until I get Flame Breath and increase it for Augments. I use a 100/900/100 build and Temple Priest Robes. No Alchemy or Restoration.

Viable combat shouts (with 100% cooldown)
- Become Ethereal: Best used for traps and mountains
- Disarm: One of the best. Renders most non-mages powerless.
- Dismay: Don't usually bother with this one.
- Drain Vitality: This one either.
- Elemental Fury: Nope.
- Fire Breath: Absolutely. Primary damage. Augment Fire, Ahzidal's Mask, Meditate on Yol. Too bad Aspect of Terror doesn't work on this.
- Frost Breath: Much better with the ice form added ability.
- Ice Form: Superceded by Frost Breath
- Marked for Death: Works good on enemies when you have many other melee NPCs around to help.
- Slow time: Don't really use it.- Soul Tear: Probably one of the most powerful shouts. 300 damage and soul trap
- Unrelenting force: 1HKO at high altitudes

- Cyclone: Good crowd control even with 1 word.
- Storm Call, good for outside, but not if you have allies
- Call of Valor. They use Disarm before you may have all three words. Provides another body and useful with Marked for Death.
- Whirlwind Sprint good for travel
- Bind Will. Massively powerful, especially with 100% reduction.
- Animal Allegience. Helpful when traveling in the wild. Turn those dungeon spiders and chaurus against the humans.

I have yet to do Dragonborn, so I didn't know there was more that gives fire damage O.o.

Also, you mentioned Augment fire. Are you talking about the Destruction perk? I wouldn't have thought that worked on Shouts.

Augment Fire/Frost/Shock work on Flame Breath, Frost Breath, and Storm Call respectively. Intense Flames, Deep Freeze, and Disintegrate don't work on shouts (But Storm Call has Disintegrate built in). The Useful Info Sticky has a list of all the perks that affect shouts.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#23theonyxphoenixPosted 1/31/2013 5:50:42 PM
@ agentspoon. There is no way to get the Greybeard Robes is there? I think you can obtain them, but they won't show up to be equipped.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#24agentspoonPosted 1/31/2013 5:58:09 PM
@ agentspoon. There is no way to get the Greybeard Robes is there? I think you can obtain them, but they won't show up to be equipped.

You can get them along with Nocturnals Robes but you must never take them off as they will vanish and you will loose them.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#25theonyxphoenixPosted 1/31/2013 6:25:53 PM
agentspoon posted...

You can get them along with Nocturnals Robes but you must never take them off as they will vanish and you will loose them.

Taking save requests ;) ?
---
#26justaguyx2Posted 1/31/2013 6:55:27 PM
I never use shouts because well, I really don't know how to learn them. I must have slayed a 1000 dragons (never counted) and unless the game itself give's you the shout, it never learns for me. ( I mean quest shouts like Dragonrend) If I ever learned anything besides unrelenting force it would be fun I think.
#27darkportal785Posted 1/31/2013 7:01:50 PM
I never use shouts because well, I really don't know how to learn them. I must have slayed a 1000 dragons (never counted) and unless the game itself give's you the shout, it never learns for me. ( I mean quest shouts like Dragonrend) If I ever learned anything besides unrelenting force it would be fun I think.

Press X.

It tells you the first time you enter the Shouts tab in the Magic menu.
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts?
#28justaguyx2Posted 1/31/2013 7:04:18 PM
Ha I am going to be a shout king when I turn it on next. Knew it had to be easy somehow.
#29KeirshowersPosted 1/31/2013 7:07:02 PM
I am ignorant in the ways of modded saves, Agentspoon can you enlighten me as to what I need to get in on that and the steps involved? I want unlimited shouts as well just to mess around with as well as a few other things.

Will I need a USB card or something?
---
Bioware thought it necessary to make them swarming gods of invisible shotguns ~CyberWrist101~
#30sinyxPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:22 PM
Captain America build was fun, heavy armor punch and shield bash. The rest is leather armor and shouts. Hard but fun, no enchantments pots only (super soldier serum get it?)

Working on a Wolverine and Sub-Zero build, goal is to make them with out modding the game.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx