CHIM is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

#21dave_is_slickPosted 1/31/2013 8:03:51 PM
The simplest explanation I heard is that "achieving CHIM is like being Neo in the Matrix. You one day realize that nothing around you is real, and by extension, you have the power to make reality anything you want because it's not actually reality."

That just sounds absolutely ridiculous. For one, built in cop-out. Two, how the hell am I supposed to enjoy this if nothing is real? F***ing stupid.
---
Clementine is my baby. I will fight anyone to the death if they say otherwise!!
#22Alienbob151Posted 1/31/2013 8:05:54 PM
I honestly think CHIM is the coolest concept I've ever heard of in fantasy.

This series has STUNNING lore, which is why I wish they'd get better writers for the games themselves.
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Dishonored, Halo 4
Gamertag: Hipster Medic
#23charon78auPosted 1/31/2013 8:07:50 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
...There should be whales in Skyrim

Agreed. In the middle of Skyrim.

Riding on a litter, carried by mammoths.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#24SchesparnPosted 1/31/2013 8:26:48 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
...There should be whales in Skyrim

With tentacle-faces! And their oil can be processed into becoming crazy-volatile, and all sorts of new technologies should spring up around it! And shady people will carve charms and runes out of the booones...
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#25Brenz0rPosted 1/31/2013 9:16:26 PM
shadowlucas27 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
shadowlucas27 posted...
Ok, that is a lot more complex than I originally thought. Still though, I think I'll be sticking with my classic Elder Scrolls beliefs.

You can "believe" whatever you want. But that's not "classic" because CHIM has been around since Morrowind.

This, I did not know. I thought that CHIM was just some weird idea that recently sprung up.

It has existed since Morrowind - it pops up in the Sermons of Vivec, for example (they tend to be "weird" for a first-time reader, which is why I suspect a lot of people probably skipped over them when they were first playing TESIII). It appears again a few times in Oblivion, and again in Skyrim. You don't have to know about it. It isn't required for your enjoyment of the game (frankly, I'm of the opinion that the topic of CHIM is brought up far too often and ascribed too much importance, especially when it is subsequently explained badly). It's there if you want to know about it, off toward the sides where all the other weird and wacky stuff in TES is kept.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#26AnimalXingNerdsPosted 1/31/2013 9:22:05 PM
The Argonians are possibly from a previous kalpa? That is very cool.
#27Brenz0rPosted 1/31/2013 9:23:17 PM
AnimalXingNerds posted...
The Argonians are possibly from a previous kalpa? That is very cool.

The Hist aren't the same thing as the Argonians.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#28AnimalXingNerdsPosted 1/31/2013 9:26:30 PM
I misread something, I guess. Back to the drawing board.
#29matteus70Posted 1/31/2013 9:40:10 PM(edited)
Brenz0r posted...
shadowlucas27 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
shadowlucas27 posted...
Ok, that is a lot more complex than I originally thought. Still though, I think I'll be sticking with my classic Elder Scrolls beliefs.

You can "believe" whatever you want. But that's not "classic" because CHIM has been around since Morrowind.

This, I did not know. I thought that CHIM was just some weird idea that recently sprung up.

It has existed since Morrowind - it pops up in the Sermons of Vivec, for example (they tend to be "weird" for a first-time reader, which is why I suspect a lot of people probably skipped over them when they were first playing TESIII). It appears again a few times in Oblivion, and again in Skyrim. You don't have to know about it. It isn't required for your enjoyment of the game (frankly, I'm of the opinion that the topic of CHIM is brought up far too often and ascribed too much importance, especially when it is subsequently explained badly). It's there if you want to know about it, off toward the sides where all the other weird and wacky stuff in TES is kept.

Here endeth the lesson.
---
"Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."-King
#30GriffRobertsPosted 1/31/2013 9:30:05 PM
Wasn't the only time when CHIM came into play when Talos un-jungled Cyrodiil?
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.