Miraak was the first Dragonborn right?

#1The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/31/2013 2:52:18 PM
How old was he? And I guess we know Daedra can give immorality (Other than Vampires from Bal)
#2PimpHandofGodPosted 1/31/2013 2:59:35 PM
3000 years minimum. Most likely thousands more.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#3The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:36:05 PM
PimpHandofGod posted...
3000 years minimum. Most likely thousands more.

Sure?
#4PimpHandofGodPosted 1/31/2013 5:50:21 PM
Positive
---
#5GriffRobertsPosted 1/31/2013 5:53:31 PM
Miraak was around during the reign of the Dragon Cult, last time Alduin was tearing s*** up. I like to think Akatosh gifted him with the soul of a dovah in order to defeat Alduin back then. Instead, being the power-hungry dovah that he was, he decided "f*** it, tentacles!" and went to Apocrypha.

Most likely thousands more.

What makes you say that? I don't know my timelines very well, but wasn't the Dragon War pretty close to the end of the Merethic Era?
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#6PimpHandofGodPosted 1/31/2013 6:18:32 PM
That was a rebellion though was it not? I'm under the impression the dragons were in power for a long time before that.
---
#7Brenz0rPosted 1/31/2013 8:22:15 PM
Late Merethic Era to early First Era, so roughly around the same time period as Serana - probably just a few centuries older at the absolute most.

First Era: 2920 years (counting 1008 missing years due to Dragon Break shenanigans).
Second Era: 896 years.
Third Era: 433 years.
Fourth Era: 201 years.

That leaves you with 4450 years total, plus maybe a century's worth of the Merethic Era. He's about as old as Divayth Fyr, and has about a century and a half on Serana.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#8GriffRobertsPosted 1/31/2013 8:53:23 PM(edited)
That leaves you with 4450 years total, plus maybe a century's worth of the Merethic Era. He's about as old as Divayth Fyr, and has about a century and a half on Serana.

Any exact dates on Serana? All I remember is "There's an Empire in Cyrodiil?", but I'm not sure if there was anything more specific.

I wouldn't think Miraak is already many centuries old by the time the Dragon Wars rolled around; they were caused by the tyrannical rule of the Dragon Priests, who were contemporary to Miraak. Or were they? Miraak was labeled a traitor to the Dragon Cult, and whisked away to Apocrypha before Vahlok could defeat him. Vahlok was a just ruler over Solstheim, but since Solstheim developed independently from the rest of Skyrim, I'm not sure he was contemporary to the wicked Dragon Priests.
---
I didn't edit my sig this time, but I'm trying out the sig rotation thing.
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 1/31/2013 8:55:03 PM
This raises a question... why do Serana and Miraak speak perfect and fluent "english"?
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#10GriffRobertsPosted 1/31/2013 8:58:42 PM
This raises a question... why do Serana and Miraak speak perfect and fluent "english"?

Story and game segregation, most likely. I'm pretty sure Cyrodiilic (the English language) was around during Serana's time, and I'd expect Miraak to be multilingual, especially after spending a few Eras in a gigantic library. Hell, Morokei speaks to you in dragon language and then switches to english afterwards, but he's also had plenty of time as a lich to figure it out.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.