Help with gauntlet stacking H2H glitch?

#11000_aIiensPosted 1/31/2013 7:05:12 PM
I've got 11 pairs of Steel Nordic gauntlets. I can transform and talk to my follower no problem, and when I equip them (no matter if I press equip in his inventory and then go for all 11 or if I do them one at a time) they seem to equip just fine, but here's the thing - I'm not sure if the multiple instances of the gauntlets are actually equipped.

when I look at them in my inventory it only says my armor rating is 16, shouldn't it be much higher? and shouldn't my H2H be killing the townspeople of Riverwood in single blows? I'm on novice difficulty and have the heavy armor perk that lets the gauntlets armor rating turn into H2H damage, so what's going on?

this is kind of lame. I don't get why the glitch isn't working.
---
Mikulekee - bani pls halp
Korra is my waifu. http://i.imgur.com/ncUxV.gif
#2thekosmicfool part 2Posted 1/31/2013 7:12:59 PM(edited)
They need to appear individually in the inventory, meaning they either need to be different gauntlets(1 steel nodic, 1 ebony, one daedric, etc) or be smithed to different levels(one epic, one flawless, one legendary, etc), or a combination of those.

Putting different enchantments on each gauntlet might also work. Not sure.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 1/31/2013 7:13:19 PM
Equip all of your gauntlets and activate the steed stone. If you see your carry weight drop down significantly then you know that you have each one equipped since they will all reduce weight to 0. If you still aren't killing things, try making them unique. Temper/enchant them with various things so that they all have different names and see if that works.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#41000_aIiens(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:16:29 PM(edited)
I thought we were allowed to use same name ones as long as they were equipped from the follower's inventory, as per http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65303899/732723467

is this not the case?

also, I've already had the Steed Stone on so I could have tons of the same kind of gauntlet, and yeah, they're all weightless. they appear in my inventory as "Steel Nordic Gauntlets (11)" and it says it's/they're equipped.
---
Mikulekee - craptastic, then
#5thekosmicfool part 2Posted 1/31/2013 7:33:36 PM(edited)
1000_aIiens posted...
I thought we were allowed to use same name ones as long as they were equipped from the follower's inventory, as per http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65303899/732723467

is this not the case?

also, I've already had the Steed Stone on so I could have tons of the same kind of gauntlet, and yeah, they're all weightless. they appear in my inventory as "Steel Nordic Gauntlets (11)" and it says it's/they're equipped.

See, that definitely sounds like it wouldn't work. If they're all equipped as one big 11 gauntlet pile, it's not stacking correctly, right?

Because if memory serves, you can do the multiple weightless sets of armor thing without the beast form exploit. If you have identical sets of heavy armor, and either the perk or Steed stone that makes equipped stuff weightless, ALL examples of the set you are wearing will be weightless but you don't get the benefits of additional armor or enchantments.

Is this not correct?
---
#61000_aIiens(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:21:37 PM
See, that definitely sounds like it wouldn't work. If they're all equipped as one big 11 gauntlet pile, it's not stacking correctly, right?

I guess, yeah. I just tempered one set real quick, and my armor rating didn't change from 16 to whatever it'd be with one normal and one fine pair on, it only bumped to 18. I'm also not killing the townspeople in one hit still, either. is the effect when stacked supposed to be this small? if it is, does this mean I just have to go enchant a good fifty pairs with different stuff? that's ridiculous. something's not working right.
---
Mikulekee - dynamic
#7thekosmicfool part 2Posted 1/31/2013 7:21:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8thekosmicfool part 2Posted 1/31/2013 7:23:37 PM
1000_aIiens posted...

I guess, yeah. I just tempered one set real quick, and my armor rating didn't change from 16 to whatever it'd be with one normal and one fine pair on, it only bumped to 18. I'm also not killing the townspeople in one hit still, either. is the effect when stacked supposed to be this small? if it is, does this mean I just have to go enchant a good fifty pairs with different stuff? that's ridiculous. something's not working right.

Did you redo the beast form glitch after tempering,? Not sure if that would matter, but it's good to know as much as possible.
---
#9BongSabrePosted 1/31/2013 7:24:02 PM
I just Resto-glitched a pair of work gloves to have 2000000000 H2H.
I falcon punch legendary dragons.
---
It may be wrong, but god bless godlessness.
#101000_aIiens(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:25:16 PM
Is this not correct?

I'm confused. What's the steed stone's effect got to do with the armors not stacking with the beast form exploit to put them all on? does it not work? yes, if you have the steed effect and wear a something, all of those somethings are weightless in your inventory now.

thing is, it wasn't working before I took the steed stone, either. I just had a lot of weight on me.
Did you redo the beast form glitch after tempering,?

good point, about to try.
---
Mikulekee - dynamic