How become there are no homosexual couples in Skyrim?

#41rx54Posted 2/1/2013 2:30:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42Mu_NovaPosted 2/1/2013 2:51:07 PM
#43nathraxhPosted 2/1/2013 3:10:44 PM
What surprises me is that no one in Skyrim, or as far as I've seen, Tamriel, has negative views about it. Given how backwards many Tamriel-ites are towards ideas of race and technology, they're unrealistically tolerant of sexuality. It might have made for an interesting quest, but I can't blame Bethesda for not wanting to deal with a potential powder keg.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#44The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:55:35 PM
Multiple things

1.Forgot about the dudes in Dragonborn although... They are dead...

2.I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO

3.I'm talking about couples not random flings people have had
#45rodman870Posted 2/1/2013 5:27:00 PM
nathraxh posted...
What surprises me is that no one in Skyrim, or as far as I've seen, Tamriel, has negative views about it. Given how backwards many Tamriel-ites are towards ideas of race and technology, they're unrealistically tolerant of sexuality. It might have made for an interesting quest, but I can't blame Bethesda for not wanting to deal with a potential powder keg.

Well some societies are unrealistically tolerant of sexuality compared to today's standards. Really since christianity homosexuality has been a lot more persecuted than it was prior.

Spartan warriors were encouraged to start homosexual relationships with their comrades. Homosexuality was about as common in ancient Roman society as their olive oil. Then some native American tribes considered homosexuality to be a sacred thing.

Really if there isn't a God condemning it (which there isn't in TES lore) there's really no reason for homosexuality to be persecuted. Aside from the fact that homosexuality is a little counter-intuitive.

I could see the thalmor persecuting for it, but let's be honest; they're the fox news of TES.
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#46The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:32:12 PM
rodman870 posted...
nathraxh posted...

Well some societies are unrealistically tolerant of sexuality compared to today's standards. Really since christianity homosexuality has been a lot more persecuted than it was prior.

Spartan warriors were encouraged to start homosexual relationships with their comrades. Homosexuality was about as common in ancient Roman society as their olive oil. Then some native American tribes considered homosexuality to be a sacred thing.

Really if there isn't a God condemning it (which there isn't in TES lore) there's really no reason for homosexuality to be persecuted. Aside from the fact that homosexuality is a little counter-intuitive.

I could see the thalmor persecuting for it, but let's be honest; they're the fox news of TES.

Actually the "Anti-Gay" stuff in the Bible was only added in later...
But I mean c'mon Jesus and a former prostitute were lovers he really did mean "Forgive everyone"
#47RebelElite791Posted 2/1/2013 5:53:05 PM
nathraxh posted...

Wat? This is a fictional universe. There's also remarkably little sexism in Tamriel.

Look at Vivec, he's pretty much the definition of omnisexual.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#48Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/1/2013 6:49:56 PM
Godammnit ebony!
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#49CaribooooooouPosted 2/1/2013 7:10:56 PM
How become there are no homosexual couples in Skyrim?

Because there are gay people, being gay, in the privacy of their own apartment in San Francisco and, for whatever reason, some guy in Arkansas is mad as hell about it.

That comment alone is gonna piss someone off. Oddly enough bigots are historically sensitive and can't take a joke as much as feminists.

Bloggers with baby pictures and pink backgrounds and viciously hateful truck drivers unite. I think people are overly sensitive and Skyrim might have gay people in it.
---
What would Marilyn Monroe be doing if she were alive today?
.....clawing at the lid of her coffin.
#50assassinreaperPosted 2/1/2013 7:39:23 PM