When is a good time to start Dawnguard?

#1abbeldydooPosted 1/31/2013 11:57:05 PM
Was thinking post game but i dunno.Also thinking of getting Dragonborn and was curious about the same for it.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2GriffRobertsPosted 2/1/2013 12:11:02 AM
They both integrate pretty well into the main game, you shouldn't have too much trouble with it at any level past 20 or so.

Dragonborn does have different dialogue for if you've beaten the game, though.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3F_GalikanokusPosted 2/1/2013 1:21:14 AM
Are any of the quest rewards levelled?
---
"Dang girl, if you weren't a figment of my imagination, I'd wanna have your baby."
#4__B__Posted 2/1/2013 2:51:40 AM
I cant speak for dragonborn as i havent completed it yet.

But i did dawnguard as soon as i could, because i was making a necromage vampire. Youll want to finish dawnguards main story asap once you start it though.
I only had about two vampire attacks that happened and easily stopped both of them.
Also all of the loot i got from dawnguard is leveling with my character
---
GT: Combat 00
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 2/1/2013 4:01:22 AM
Dragonborn is any time you want.
Dawnguard is almost immediately after you hit level 8, to remove the annoying vampire attacks.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#6F_GalikanokusPosted 2/1/2013 4:53:40 AM
So after doing some research it seems that none of the gear in Dawnguard is levelled but certain items in Dragonborn you have to be level 60 to get the best version. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
---
"Dang girl, if you weren't a figment of my imagination, I'd wanna have your baby."
#7Orpheus_DemigodPosted 2/1/2013 5:00:41 AM
Spot on, some gear in Dragonborn is levelled at 60+

Nothing in Dawnguard is levelled.
#8lalallaalalPosted 2/1/2013 5:09:30 AM
I will echo the people that say to do Dawnguard ASAP, especially if you're like me and hate having townspeople die.
#9TurboReaperPosted 2/1/2013 7:00:20 AM
I think right around level 8 vampires show up and start attacking towns. So.. right around then would be good to start it. You'll want to finish it once you get ti started though unless you really, really like having a follower you can't really get rid of.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath