Fantasy Wars! Episode 1: Dragon Age Origins Dwarves vs. Skyrim Dwarves

#1ty1098Posted 2/1/2013 2:51:27 PM
Hello folkeths! This is the first in a series of topics I call Fantasy Wars. Basically, I'll be comparing two similar topics from two different games, and asking you, the people, how you feel and which is better!

So, do you prefer the dwarves that have disappeared, the technological masters, that are gone without a trace? Or do you prefer the more visible dwarves of DA:O, who keep to honor and revere the stone they live in on the outside, but are in actuality rife with political intrigue, backstabbings, kinslaying, and throne taking?
---
That dog is a vengeful little ****. He hires thugs to kill me all the time. -MoxRavager
#2Browsie112Posted 2/1/2013 2:57:29 PM
I much prefer DA dwarves, to be honest. I've never been fond of Dwarves in ES universe as being normal height and stature, and of course, for just disappearing on everyone. In some ways it's hard to compare the two, Dwarves actually seem to fill a purpose in the DA storyline.

DA dwarves are just more classic.
---
Currently playing BL2, League of Legends, Arkham City Goty, and Skyrim
#3OddratPosted 2/1/2013 2:57:43 PM
Dragon Age Dwarves just for Oghren.
#4nytecrawlaPosted 2/1/2013 2:57:45 PM
I like my Dwarves to be, well, Dwarves, and not a bunch of poncy Milk Drinkers who hide behind steam powered spheres. Dwarves should be ale swigging, battle axe swinging bearded terrors of the battlefield. DA:O, and it isn't even close.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#5Joe_CobbsPosted 2/1/2013 3:01:40 PM
TES Dwarves no question.

Dragon Age Dwarves are the run-of-the-mill type that everyone and their brother has made. That doesn't mean I didn't like the game just that they were generic.
#6demonicshorukoPosted 2/1/2013 3:05:29 PM
Stephen J. Blum ALWAYS wins. I mean Ogren...
---
and so I ran the only way I knew how... by placing one foot in front of the other in rapid succession.
#7darkportal785Posted 2/1/2013 3:08:07 PM
DA:O Dwarves are too cliche.

I love Sandal though.
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? Nasty boys.
#8nytecrawlaPosted 2/1/2013 3:18:38 PM
darkportal785 posted...

I love Sandal though.

I sometimes find myself exclaiming "Enchantment" when I use the tables in Skyrim. Typically in response to my wife when she asks what I am up to.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#9darkportal785Posted 2/1/2013 3:26:14 PM
darkportal785 posted...

I love Sandal though.

I sometimes find myself exclaiming "Enchantment" when I use the tables in Skyrim. Typically in response to my wife when she asks what I am up to.

Could I have some salamanders, please?
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? Nasty boys.
#10The_Beer_ScotchPosted 2/1/2013 3:53:20 PM
A dying race against a dead race?

Hmm.
---
To be announced