Fantasy Wars! Episode 1: Dragon Age Origins Dwarves vs. Skyrim Dwarves

#41Smackdowner1Posted 2/3/2013 6:07:45 AM
FMLG posted...

That's just... are you even serious?

Yes, I'm serious.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:MW-Dwemer.png

That's a Dwemer.

Bethesda was not only too lazy to make the dwarves actual dwarves, they were also too lazy to give them a proper story. I bet Todd Howard really wanted dwarves in his Elder Scrolls universe but was so disappointed when not one developer actually knew what a dwarf ****ing looked like, that he made up a bull**** story about how they mysteriously vanished.

Also, here's a Snow Elf:
http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/6/6e/Arch-CurateVrythur.png

LOL
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#42RebelElite791Posted 2/3/2013 11:32:33 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
FMLG posted...

That's just... are you even serious?

Yes, I'm serious.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:MW-Dwemer.png

That's a Dwemer.

Bethesda was not only too lazy to make the dwarves actual dwarves, they were also too lazy to give them a proper story. I bet Todd Howard really wanted dwarves in his Elder Scrolls universe but was so disappointed when not one developer actually knew what a dwarf ****ing looked like, that he made up a bull**** story about how they mysteriously vanished.

Also, here's a Snow Elf:
http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/6/6e/Arch-CurateVrythur.png

LOL

Or they wanted to have unique "dwarves" and not follow the typical fantasy mold.

Also, we know what happened to the Dwemer, and it's a very TES-ish story.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#43Smackdowner1Posted 2/4/2013 2:25:47 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Or they wanted to have unique "dwarves" and not follow the typical fantasy mold.

Also, we know what happened to the Dwemer, and it's a very TES-ish story.

"unique dwarves"

*Looks like every other knife ear in the game. *

Whatever, I usually don't argue with fanboys.

Later Urag.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#44CrimsonCorpPosted 2/4/2013 5:52:34 AM
DA:O Dwarves. They've been beseiged by Darkspawn for so many centuries. They fight a losing battle, with almost no hope of winning, yet they still fight on. That's just badass imo.

They ain't perfect though, with that insane amount of political in fighting... But they're still amazing. Dwarven Noble origin FTW.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#45lordgamingtonVPosted 2/4/2013 11:03:17 AM
DA:O Dwarves can't make golems anymore. As far as we know, the ES Dwarves never lost that ability. In fact, they were in the process of creating the biggest one yet, the Brass God, when they disappeared.
---
They say that a dead man tells no tales. I disagree. They tell tales all the time, we just have to learn to listen.
#46jintarmanPosted 2/4/2013 12:19:19 PM
I choose option 3. D&D dwarves. Can't beat guys like Flint Fireforge (Dragonlance), Bruenor Battlehammer and Athrogate (Forgotten Realms)
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#47namewitheldPosted 2/4/2013 1:25:04 PM(edited)
Smackdowner1 posted...

"unique dwarves"

*Looks like every other knife ear in the game. *

Whatever, I usually don't argue with fanboys.

Later Urag.

Youre bad at stuff.

And things.
#48namewitheldPosted 2/4/2013 1:26:56 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
DA:O Dwarves. They've been beseiged by Darkspawn for so many centuries. They fight a losing battle, with almost no hope of winning, yet they still fight on. That's just badass imo.

They ain't perfect though, with that insane amount of political in fighting... But they're still amazing. Dwarven Noble origin FTW.

Would be more badass if the PC didnt show up and OHK all the dread darkspawn.

Would also be more badass if it wasnt linear new age bioware nonsense full of romantic options.
LET ME ROMANCE DWARVES PLOX I AM 13.
#49RebelElite791Posted 2/4/2013 11:36:06 PM
lordgamingtonV posted...
DA:O Dwarves can't make golems anymore. As far as we know, the ES Dwarves never lost that ability. In fact, they were in the process of creating the biggest one yet, the Brass God, when they disappeared.

More like, they created it, and later became part of it. Can't beat that.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#50HatchetHoundPosted 2/5/2013 12:10:59 AM(edited)
DA Dwarves are the Golems as well.

They're made by pounding Dwarves on the Anvil of the Void. And not the fun kind of pounding.

---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."