Fallout vs. Elder Scrolls

#1shadowlucas27Posted 2/1/2013 8:37:17 PM
Which do you guys prefer? I like the cool fantasy theme the elder scrolls goes with, but you can't beat disenigrating a Super Mutant with a plasma rifle. I'm going to have to go with Fallout.
---
Fear not when, fear not why, fear not much while were alive.
#2konokonohamaruPosted 2/1/2013 8:40:47 PM
I think for the series as a whole, TES has upper hand for its longevity and sheer quantity of content

But I think Fallout 2 is the best RPG of all time
#3shadowlucas27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:43:18 PM
konokonohamaru posted...
I think for the series as a whole, TES has upper hand for its longevity and sheer quantity of content

But I think Fallout 2 is the best RPG of all time

Agreed. When it comes to an awesome overarching story, Elder Scrolls takes the cake. But, if you're talking about individual games, I think Fallout wins. Fallout 3 is easily in my top three games of all time.
---
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 8:43:46 PM
I absolutely love playing as a mage, so going by a magic build = ES
Any other type of character? Fallout. Well, New Vegas, at least.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#5Flow_149Posted 2/1/2013 8:44:25 PM
Both games are fantastic but personally I prefer fallout. Just love how combat's handled within the game, the story throughout, and the fact that often has a sense of humor, despite the dark irradiated world. Plus automatic grenade launchers and fat boys yo!
#6JohnRyan1228Posted 2/1/2013 8:45:48 PM
Well I liked the last three elder scrolls and I like Fallout 1-3 and nv is the best out of either series. On the the negative side, the elder scrolls before morrowind was ass and Fallout brotherhood of steel, just... No.

I guess I would give the edge to Fallout overall.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#7shadowlucas27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:46:03 PM
Also, when it comes to being evil, Fallout wins. I remember my first time playing and nuking Megaton. *extremely evil laugh*
---
#8zeroboboPosted 2/1/2013 8:47:07 PM
i enjoy both.

i'll have to be THAT GUY, and say that i enjoy TES more than fallout simply because the two recent fallout games (FO3 and NV) are shells of what they were. both of them went WAY too far with goofy humor nonsense that you cant take anything seriously. im sorry any drama in the main story in NV is completely killed by the stupid goofy robot. the over the top characters and how none of the factions can be taken seriously. a gang of elvis impersonators? really? come on....

and dont get me started on FO3's nonsensical plot where the BOS and enclave have pretty much the same motivations, and how nothing is ever consistent.

TES is at least consistent and high quality. not this crappy one second super goofy then trying to be dramatic but failing, then goofy again crap that fallout has turned into.

and before you say anything. FO1&2 had consistent tones throughout the story and those goofy random encounters were noncanon (yes theres damn canon in fallout) and not connected to any storyline or plot point.

that being said, im looking forward to FO4 :x
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#9shadowlucas27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:48:08 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Well I liked the last three elder scrolls and I like Fallout 1-3 and nv is the best out of either series. On the the negative side, the elder scrolls before morrowind was ass and Fallout brotherhood of steel, just... No.

I guess I would give the edge to Fallout overall.

Gotta disagree with NV being the best fallout game. Was way too buggy for me. I preferred Fallout 3 in every department.
---
#10JohnRyan1228Posted 2/1/2013 8:48:09 PM
shadowlucas27 posted...
Also, when it comes to being evil, Fallout wins. I remember my first time playing and nuking Megaton. *extremely evil laugh*

Yeah Fallout actually allows you to be evil. I understand why that option really isn't in tes, but still itd nice to be pure evil every now and then.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.