Fallout vs. Elder Scrolls

#51marcussl55Posted 2/2/2013 1:40:51 PM
FNV has an awesome weapon system, and a good story line that branches based on action and faction choices. But I think thats the only thing it has over F3. The game map of FNV is kinda linear. You basically have two major roadways that head north to south, with a few side paths.

F3s world seems like the devs but way more effort into, its open and you can wander in any direction which you can't do in FNV due to a lazy map design. ( you know what im talking about) . Not to mention F3 runs better then FNV.

Other then that I think both games complement each other very nicely.

FNV:: better story and guns.

F3: Way better world and over all quality.

As for TES vs FO? Hard to say untill FO4 comes out, because skyrim is my first TES game.
---
___"you cant just assume people are gonna shoot back at you...its an unknown, unknown...
#52Foreman22Posted 2/2/2013 2:08:45 PM
HC was a joke as food and water was every where in NV. F3 after all the DLC had far more dangerous foes than NV. The very fact that you could not play after the main story ended took away from that Fallout feel IMO.
#53darkportal785Posted 2/2/2013 2:12:29 PM
HC was a joke as food and water was every where in NV. F3 after all the DLC had far more dangerous foes than NV. The very fact that you could not play after the main story ended took away from that Fallout feel IMO.

Wat.

NV Death Claws were rape. "Fallout feel" ? IIRC Fallout 3 was the only Fallout that did let you play after the ending.
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? Nasty boys.
#54JohnRyan1228Posted 2/2/2013 2:31:55 PM
Foreman22 posted...

you're insanne. even enemies that were standard in fo3 like giant radscorpions were a HUGE pain in the ass, and deathclaws were ridiculous, and dead money and lonesome road provided more challenge added on top of that
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#55assassinreaperPosted 2/2/2013 2:42:52 PM
konokonohamaru posted...
I think for the series as a whole, TES has upper hand for its longevity and sheer quantity of content

But I think Fallout 2 is the best RPG of all time

I liked fo2 but absolutely hated the enclave patrols. You were pretty much dead unless you had the power armour and even then you could only occasionally escape.
---
Bacon is the ultimate troll bait, just bring it up and watch the wildfire
#56gunsndrosesPosted 2/2/2013 3:28:02 PM
Fallout. And I have to agree with TC; 3 > NV.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't give two turds about writing, which,
IMO, is the only thing NV did better than FO3. Well, to be fair, NV added some solid weapon variety and what not. But FO3 was simply magical. Capital Wasteland was infinitely better than Mojave Wasteland, and I agree that FO3's DLC was, as a whole, better. People keep hating on Anchorage and Zeta, but both added great fun (and loot). Broken Steel was great, and Point Lookout remains unparalleled, even with everything NV has pushed out. OWB was awesome for NV, but that was about it. Dead Money becomes trite and flat out painful to play very quickly. Honest hearts had potential, but was far too short to merit any accolade. Lonesome Road was actually quite good, but it still wasn't equal (IMO) to anything FO3 did.
---
In all this light, all I feel is dark
#57JohnRyan1228Posted 2/2/2013 4:08:36 PM(edited)
gunsndroses posted...
Fallout. And I have to agree with TC; 3 > NV.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't give two turds about writing, which,
IMO, is the only thing NV did better than FO3. Well, to be fair, NV added some solid weapon variety and what not. But FO3 was simply magical. Capital Wasteland was infinitely better than Mojave Wasteland, and I agree that FO3's DLC was, as a whole, better. People keep hating on Anchorage and Zeta, but both added great fun (and loot). Broken Steel was great, and Point Lookout remains unparalleled, even with everything NV has pushed out. OWB was awesome for NV, but that was about it. Dead Money becomes trite and flat out painful to play very quickly. Honest hearts had potential, but was far too short to merit any accolade. Lonesome Road was actually quite good, but it still wasn't equal (IMO) to anything FO3 did.

well is suppose that i understand one prefering fo3 if they don't care about writing. how one cannot care about writing though, is beyond me.

i think your opinion on honest hearts would be what i would classify with point lookout and i understand your opinion on dead money to the extent that it is a dlc you either love or hate. i thought it was outstanding because of the incredible writing, which you already stated you don't care about. i have no hate for anchorage really, but if you are gonna complain about short stories, its the worst offender. imo broken steel was very good even though some people didnt like what it did to the story. zeta was awful and the decent loot doesnt save it, like how the rewards for anchorage saved it. lonesome road far exceeds all the fo3 dlc imo as does dead money. and OWB was awesome for ANYTHING, not just new vegas.

and i get people preferring the world of FO3 to NV. if world is the most important thing to you, i totally get why one would prefer 3. to me though, writing is paramount.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#58JohnRyan1228Posted 2/2/2013 4:09:14 PM
also honorable mention to the pitt. that was an underrated dlc
---
I. Love. Potatoes.
#59Hatreds_WrathPosted 2/2/2013 4:50:55 PM(edited)
A bunch of noobies who didn't play the old FO games in this topic. That or the type that get excited over shiny mediocre things like MZ.

About the only DLC that FO3 did right was The Pitt and Point Lookout. O:A only for it's weapons that made Broken Steel tolerable with it's meat shield enemies.

Broken Steel was probably the dumbest thing ever, ruined the ending even further, and needlessly extended the level cap. If you weren't already god like by 20, you just suck at leveling. They only put it in because people need a little cha ching sound to play further.
---
XBL GT - He1l Knight
"The double barreled shotgun, is a shotgun but, with two barrels." - Todd Howard on Fallout 3
#60gunsndrosesPosted 2/2/2013 5:08:59 PM
Hatreds_Wrath posted...
A bunch of noobies who didn't play the old FO games in this topic. That or the type that get excited over shiny mediocre things like MZ.

About the only DLC that FO3 did right was The Pitt and Point Lookout. O:A only for it's weapons that made Broken Steel tolerable with it's meat shield enemies.

Broken Steel was probably the dumbest thing ever, ruined the ending even further, and needlessly extended the level cap. If you weren't already god like by 20, you just suck at leveling. They only put it in because people need a little cha ching sound to play further.

So much butthurt.
---
In all this light, all I feel is dark