Voice acting: Why isn't there any?

#11RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 6:38:46 AM
nytecrawla posted...
I would have preferred that they only voice important NPC's and leave everything else as text. make people read again. It worked out fine in Morrowind. The bulk of the script was not voiced and if anything, it made the game better, to me at least.

I throw my full support behind this.
Make people use their brains again, reading is good for you.
Also, as another said, by putting almost everything as pure text, you can expand choices/consequences a lot.
Also, also, reading is a lot faster than listening to some lunkhead stumble through reading his script, and failing to understand what the hell he is actually reading.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#12aDominationPosted 2/2/2013 8:46:32 AM
I'd have to assume price also.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#13Neku_SanadaPosted 2/2/2013 8:51:13 AM
The most annoying thing about the voice acting is walking around with dead thralls and everyone you talk to saying "Be careful with those," or something to that effect.
---
Ohhhh... This isn't where I parked my car...
#14tsunamizeroPosted 2/2/2013 8:57:12 AM
Neku_Sanada posted...
The most annoying thing about the voice acting is walking around with dead thralls and everyone you talk to saying "Be careful with those," or something to that effect.

That's a glitch, sort of. They're recognizing that you're using a spell despite it having been cast x hours ago. Had the same thing happen with the Dawnguard rune shield.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02
#15RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 8:59:16 AM
Neku_Sanada posted...

I think them constantly talking to you, despite you not actually being in a conversation with them is more annoying.
Like using the enchanting table in Windhelm's market, the general goods vendor woman will make the same stupid comments every five seconds because you are standing near her.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#16Gaming_EsquirePosted 2/2/2013 12:23:42 PM
"You're not as dumb as you look."
---
From Dragon Warrior to Skyrim, by way of Final Fantasy and Mass Effect
#17DarkSeraphMPosted 2/2/2013 7:32:27 PM
Disc space?

Isn't Skyrim as it stands only 3.7GB of an 8.4GB disc? Or are 360 discs single-layered? In which case there would still be an additional GB of room.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#18warnutPosted 2/3/2013 12:43:44 AM
Then why do different races have the same lines of dialogue? Repetitive lines are alright but in shopkeepers that's fairly absurd.

at leasht Farengar up in dragonsreshs who dishcushes the ongoing hoshtiylities had a somewhat unique voice.
---
If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about,
Lift your head up and blow your brains out.
#19BJW1990Posted 2/3/2013 12:53:07 AM
I'm in favor of just bringing back text-based conversations. The characters can say way more stuff, and with much greater detail than the short, limited voice clips in Oblivion and Skyrim due to smaller disc space usage and the fact that they don't have to get anyone to record it. Plus you don't have to hear the horrid voice acting.
#20PlasmetoPosted 2/3/2013 1:17:38 AM
warnut posted...
Then why do different races have the same lines of dialogue? Repetitive lines are alright but in shopkeepers that's fairly absurd.

at leasht Farengar up in dragonsreshs who dishcushes the ongoing hoshtiylities had a somewhat unique voice.

"Trinkets, odds and ends, that sort of thing"

And I ****ing hate Farengar. lol
---
My Dad always said, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
GT: Cid Crisis