having to start over

#1esqueleto76Posted 2/2/2013 6:37:45 AM
Ok, i bought a new 250 gb xbox 'cos my old machine had 0 memory space. Transferred all my savegames to usb and ....voila !..they've all disapeared. So long story short : ive got to start Skyrim over again. I cant remember exactly what perks i took last time but my character was a Sword and Shield warrior type. Only magic he realy used was healing. I grinded Smithing a bit just to get some good armours. Oh, and he used a bow for ranged combat.
I cant remember what level i was at (been playing Halo4 and Arkham City for a while)
Does anybody have any recomendations for how i should set up my character to get the same kind of play style ?
---
Xbox Live: holyfedaykin
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 6:39:37 AM
Transfer your license(s) to your new Box.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3FMLGPosted 2/2/2013 6:45:01 AM
When you say disappeared you mean..?
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#4esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:05:21 AM
Ive done the transfer. All good to go apart from.....no game saves

I put the usb into the new xbox, and it doesnt even register that there is a memory device inserted, apart from the hdd.
Im not THAT bothered - im quite looking forward to starting Skyrim afresh, just need some ideas for a good build really
---
#5ForgottenLegendPosted 2/2/2013 7:31:16 AM
Sounds like you know the build you used already... don't really understand the Q?
---
GT: GOLDU5T
#6esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:20:52 AM
Umm, guess i just want to know if theres any way to get that kind of build as quickly as possible ? Without trumping myself by choosing needless perks. I havnt played Skyrim for so long, i dont remember what i took and what i didnt
---
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 8:21:34 AM
Just play the game, and take the perks you feel you want/need as they become available.
---
#8Ap07373Posted 2/2/2013 8:23:26 AM
If you still have the old harddrive just buy the transfer cords made specifically for this purpose. I've had to do it a couple of times with no problem.
---
"Yea, well maybe his grandma shouldn't have mouthed off like that"
#9esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:51:09 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Just play the game, and take the perks you feel you want/need as they become available.

Yeh. Hell, im going to play it this way. Any perks i should definately avoid as a waste of a perk ?
---
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 8:53:21 AM
esqueleto76 posted...
Any perks i should definately avoid as a waste of a perk ?

I can not really think of any that are totally and completely worthless.
But, most people will say to avoid any in the Lockpicking tree, and any critical chance ones.
---