Quest Indicator Disabling

#1aDominationPosted 2/2/2013 8:42:08 AM
Disabling it, would you? - Results (28 votes)
Yes, I'd turn it off.
21.43% (6 votes)
No, Seems like a lot of work.
46.43% (13 votes)
Maybe, I'd try it.
32.14% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If you could disable the quest indicator for to show you where to go on the world map would you disable it if given the option?

(Finding the direction of where to go would be found out by talking to Inn keepers, guards, Beggers ..etc. and they'd all be slightly vague on the directions)
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 8:43:15 AM
If quests actually gave you a reasonable amount of information, so that you could deduce the location on your own, yes.
As the game is now... hell no, you would never find anything.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Mick65Posted 2/2/2013 8:45:10 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
If quests actually gave you a reasonable amount of information, so that you could deduce the location on your own, yes.
As the game is now... hell no, you would never find anything.

---
Casually Hardcore
#4justaguyx2Posted 2/2/2013 8:55:52 AM
If the NPC's would mark a point on the map for you and then you're left to find it? I would try it. Don't know if I'd stick with it tho.
#5aDomination(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:04:03 AM
Alright lets put it this way, Say the NPC tells you to go to so an so location but doesn't tell you exactly where it is. But instead if give you a large green circle and in the area is where you have to go but you have to find the cave/fort ..etc within that circle yourself.
Asking beggers, guards, and Inn keepers basically causes the green circle to shrink.

(I know I've seen this in a game before but can't remember which game it is)
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#6FMLGPosted 2/2/2013 9:11:23 AM
aDomination posted...
Alright lets put it this way, Say the NPC tells you to go to so an so location but doesn't tell you exactly where it is. But instead if give you a large green circle and in the area is where you have to go but you have to find the cave/fort ..etc within that circle yourself.
Asking beggers, guards, and Inn keepers basically causes the green circle to shrink.

Assassins Creed 3
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#7aDomination(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:12:20 AM
FMLG posted...
aDomination posted...

Assassins Creed 3

Yeah thats it, I was thinking it might have been RDR also.
---
Achievement Unlocked
#8Chosen_one_41Posted 2/2/2013 10:40:57 AM
You can disable quest indicators. You can also have multiple quests active.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
If Friendship is Magic, does that mean Magic is Friendship?
#9KoRiy5000Posted 2/2/2013 11:01:01 AM
just dont have any quests active so theyre are no markers. enjoy "hard mode"
#10SchesparnPosted 2/2/2013 11:08:53 AM
If the journal gave any indication of where to go, I'd happily disable my quest markers. But as it stands, most objectives are, like, "Speak to ___". No location, no information, no way to find them BESIDES the quest markers.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif