It just seems like there should of been a choice. (Dragonborn Spoilers)

#1supermanj9Posted 2/2/2013 11:11:52 AM
Why did we not get a choice weither to serve Hermaeus Mora or not maybe even have a few quests if you join him. I mean it just ended so abruptly, it was like ok your better I choice you good and btw heres invinite perk reset.
---
"I did not anticipate thaey would all be so useless"
-Gordan Ramsay
#2Decimator11Posted 2/2/2013 11:51:48 AM
Did you not see the ending? He pretty much went "lol congratulations you're the new Miraak now".
#3darkportal785Posted 2/2/2013 11:57:39 AM
Did you not see the ending? He pretty much went "lol congratulations you're the new Miraak now".

---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? Nasty boys.
#4zeroboboPosted 2/2/2013 12:14:20 PM
guys, you dont serve herma mora at the end. his whole "you'll serve me mwhahaha" were idle threats, not telling you what happened.
you never agree to serve him, in fact you can defy him a bunch of times, thats not exactly being his servant or champion now is it?

i mean frea even says "its not too late to turn from this dark path".
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5SchesparnPosted 2/2/2013 12:17:57 PM
Oh yeah, you totally didn't do every single thing he asked you to, using the gifts he gave you. Nope, he totally didn't play you like a fiddle.

Your petty little "I'm not your champion" hissy-fits were the idle parts of your conversations. :D
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#6zeroboboPosted 2/2/2013 12:23:12 PM
Schesparn posted...
Oh yeah, you totally didn't do every single thing he asked you to, using the gifts he gave you. Nope, he totally didn't play you like a fiddle.

Your petty little "I'm not your champion" hissy-fits were the idle parts of your conversations. :D

he didnt really ever ask you for anything. all that really happened was that he wanted miraak dead, you wanted miraak dead, so he left a few toys laying out in case you wanted to use them.

for him to have claim over your soul and for yout o be his champion you sorta have to agree to it, right? otherwise thats bad writing
---
#7JohnRyan1228Posted 2/2/2013 12:24:23 PM
zerobobo posted...
Schesparn posted...

he didnt really ever ask you for anything. all that really happened was that he wanted miraak dead, you wanted miraak dead, so he left a few toys laying out in case you wanted to use them.

for him to have claim over your soul and for yout o be his champion you sorta have to agree to it, right? otherwise thats bad writing

im pretty sure its not a choice. you used his gifts, your soul is bound
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#8zeroboboPosted 2/2/2013 3:29:50 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
zerobobo posted...
Schesparn posted...

im pretty sure its not a choice. you used his gifts, your soul is bound

then why the dialogue specifically saying its not too late to turn away from herma mora at the end? why all the options to openly defy him? and most other daedric princes.

in almost every work of fiction involving souls to have it be claimed by someone / something you have to agree to it. theres plenty of evidence supporting it works that way in TES, as in all the times you can agree to it, and all the times you can say you won't? whenever you say no, and let you keep the artifact for example, they dont say "doesnt matter your soul is mine" they say "well, fine, but using the artifact still spreads my influence".

so unless someone links me evidence that daedric princes have a claim on your soul simply for stealing their artifact or other gifts from them, then i'm going to assume that no, herma mora doesnt have any claim on you.
---
#9PimpHandofGodPosted 2/2/2013 3:57:10 PM
If you're a werewolf you automatically belong to Hircine
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#10ColonelHawkPosted 2/2/2013 4:18:45 PM
PimpHandofGod posted...
If you're a werewolf you automatically belong to Hircine

And if you're a Nightengale, you belong to Nocturnal, but I think the terms for this and the above are spelled out more clearly.