It just seems like there should of been a choice. (Dragonborn Spoilers)

#31zeroboboPosted 2/2/2013 8:01:34 PM
GBALoser posted...
zerobobo posted...

you know UESP isn't always right...it is a wiki afterall. so that is not reliable information, thats just the writer of that pages interpretation of what happened....

im not going to waste more time arguing with you unless you can provide CREDIBLE evidence. otherwise its your interpretation vs. mine.

i just think there has to be alittle more than "lol your souls mine now i guess? LOLS" because thats stupid. feel free to prefer the stupid version if you like cus it makes no damn sense in context with the universe.

Ah, the old "your source interpretation doesn't jive with my argument, therefore it's BAD" argument. I haven't seen this since....5 minutes ago on the Religion boards.

I openly admit you can interpret it your way. At no point does the game scream "YOUR SOUL IS MIIIIINE!" so maybe Mora just used you as a tool for his own purposes. I'm reading it as Mora being a far more subtle Daedra, so he doesn't fully tell you WHY he's helping you until it's too late to turn back.

I honestly like the way I've read it. It puts the whole "Welp, I'm screwed" aspect that seemed lacking in Skyrim. But you can have your way. I'm not saying you're wrong; we just both read it differently.

no, i was using actual game dialogue to support my claims. you pulled a vague quote out of a wiki to support yours. dont be an ass about it dude lol.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#32Brenz0rPosted 2/2/2013 8:05:15 PM
FMLG posted...
TheNoctarius posted...
ColonelHawk posted...
PimpHandofGod posted...
If you're a werewolf you automatically belong to Hircine

And if you're a Nightengale, you belong to Nocturnal, but I think the terms for this and the above are spelled out more clearly.

Regardless, you're dragonborn, therefore belonging to Akatosh above all else. Period.

Erm, no? To mu understanding Akatosh gifted you but that is all.

You'd be correct.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#33EmblemWarriorPosted 2/2/2013 8:09:35 PM
I'll point out that working with Mora is always a lose/lose situation no matter what. theirs only one way to make sure he doesn't have some sort of leash/debt you owe him, and that is to never, ever work with him unless you have something that he values more that all the knowledge you'll gather over the course of your lifetime.

Really, that's all Mora wants. its also why he's probably one of the most dangerous Princes. After all, you can fight/counter most of them, but Mora always rigs te board in his favor.

Really, if there are princes who have a fine print "Work with me and I own your soul" Mora is the one you would expect it from.
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#34PimpHandofGodPosted 2/2/2013 8:16:06 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
PimpHandofGod posted...
Its like when Batman teams up with the Joker. They work to a common goal but Batman doesn't end up as Joker's slave afterward.

The difference is that YOu and Mora don't really have the same goals. Mora doesn't just want Miraak gone, he ALSO wants his own personal DB. and he wouldn't let you get to Miraak unless he could assure himself he'd have a leash on you.

The what and how are the same but I'll grant you the why is different and I've no doubt that he plans to throw the collar on you but it hasn't happened just yet.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#35PimpHandofGodPosted 2/2/2013 8:17:30 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
I'll point out that working with Mora is always a lose/lose situation no matter what. theirs only one way to make sure he doesn't have some sort of leash/debt you owe him, and that is to never, ever work with him unless you have something that he values more that all the knowledge you'll gather over the course of your lifetime.

Really, that's all Mora wants. its also why he's probably one of the most dangerous Princes. After all, you can fight/counter most of them, but Mora always rigs te board in his favor.

Really, if there are princes who have a fine print "Work with me and I own your soul" Mora is the one you would expect it from.

You sure you don't have him confused with Clavicus Vile?
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#36RikiazPosted 2/3/2013 1:59:29 AM
No matter what your choice, you are serving Lord Mora. If you decline and rebel, it is because Lord Mora allows it. No one can fight our lord's will. And nothing short of achieving CHIM can empower one to truly rebel against him.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#37RikiazPosted 2/3/2013 2:09:11 AM
EmblemWarrior posted...
Yep, your soul Belongs to Herma now. of course, you can do what you like while you live, but the moment you ie, you get sucked into Apocrypha. Mora is one of the more subtle Princes after all, he's not going to say "Mwa ha ha, your soul is Mine, bow to me or suffer!'

Mora's sphere is forbidden knowledge/Lost knowledge. Now, just how much do you come across in your travels that fits that description? pretty much all of it that you learn, Mora learns as well. Unless you decide to sit in a chair staring at a wall the rest of your life, all you are doing, no matter wat, serves him.

Ding ding! Someone's on the right track.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#38RebelElite791Posted 2/3/2013 2:13:33 AM
darkportal785 posted...
Mora tells you that you'll come back to Apocrypha (and by extension, to him).

As long as you live, he owns you. If you aren't a Nightingale, I'm betting he'll own you after you die as well.

I'd attribute that more to him knowing the lure of knowledge will keep you coming back for more than anything else. (but I've yet to finish DB, so I could very well be missing sumfin)

And zero, this GBA guy seems to just be trollin it up in every topic he posts in, I wouldn't bother.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#39FastEddie2121Posted 2/3/2013 2:56:05 AM
Hermaeus Mora gloats how you have returned to him again if you completed his daedric quest on Skyrim before doing Dragonborn. It was a nice little touch since so little of the things you do in the game are actually acknowledged except for random one liners from city guards. For example, if you join the Stormcloaks after finishing the Dark Brotherhood questline, they don't even acknowledge that 'you know who' is dead which you'd think is something that would be a massive deal for them.

ES games could stand to have a little more choice in your approach to quests. Most of the time you only have one dialog option when interacting with quest givers which can be annoying if you are playing a character who wouldn't say what the only option is for you to say.
---
Thorbald is old and fat!
#40GBALoserPosted 2/3/2013 9:43:08 AM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Mora tells you that you'll come back to Apocrypha (and by extension, to him).

As long as you live, he owns you. If you aren't a Nightingale, I'm betting he'll own you after you die as well.

I'd attribute that more to him knowing the lure of knowledge will keep you coming back for more than anything else. (but I've yet to finish DB, so I could very well be missing sumfin)

And zero, this GBA guy seems to just be trollin it up in every topic he posts in, I wouldn't bother.

Wow. First time I've ever been called a troll in years.

I admit lacking details in the lore (you've scolded me before for the Aedra destroying Nirn idea for TES6), but I don't try to rile people unnecessarily.

Honestly, if zerobobo reads DB differently from the way I'm reading it, I don't care. He's making his point, I'm making my point. We read it differently. When you get to the end of DB, I'd like to hear what you think.

EDIT: Also, I'm not the first one stating that the PC is now bound to Mora's service.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman